PDA

View Full Version : hurricane sandy

gus
10-29-2012, 12:22 PM
My prayers go out to all of you on the east side new York,virgina,Maryland,Florida, . Billy I now you live in Florida hope all of you are doing good keep safe!

CRAZY70MAN
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
What a whopper of a storm...!!! 900 miles!! Hope all the best for our east coasters......Fabio....hold on the trikes! Seriously .....though hope every one was ready and is in a safe place. We are gonna get the outskirts of the fury....still 50mph winds here and 16 footers on Lake erie??? Unheard of! Wow is all I can say. Prayers are with you guys......

dustrunner
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
thank everyone.... keep the prayer's coming.... wer gonna need it this time.... hope my trikes float.....ohh i better go get the serial # off the new ones.....

gus
10-29-2012, 02:40 PM
No kidding hide those trikes! Don't forget were here to help our fellow trikers!

oldtime3wheeler
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
My trikes are secure. Enclosed trailer with 70's moved to safer ground. Beer in fridge. Extra fencing put up to keep horses away from the road. We are reradyt for the storm......Hopefully!

Chazz of Blades
10-29-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not thinking I'm due for any nasty weather, but trikes are gassed and ready to roll, chainsaws are gassed and strapped onto the BRs along with tow ropes, chains, extra fuel, lights, radios, and food supplies just in case. This load out came in extremely handy with the tornadoes a few years back.

MRSOUND
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Lots of rain and wind here. Rain almost horizontal with 40 mph winds. So far so good, Got the generator ready to hook up to the camper if we loose power. Wife stocked up on food. Work canceled for tomorrow. Just hoping for the best. Can't imagine what it's like in Jersey & NY shore lines. I'm south central PA and it's eerie enough for me. Hoping everyone stays safe!

gus
10-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Keep us up dated! How things work out

Swinger
10-30-2012, 07:01 AM
I am really suprized that we didnt get any snow here....yet!! Somerset got some but just rain and wind here, and lots of it. Had the wood burner crankin and candles ready just in case we lost power. My work got flooded and didnt have work last night. Gonna have to break out the canoe if i plan on going any where, ha ha! Stay safe everyone

oldskool83
10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I played in my garage built things and went to home depot. screw the storm, it was piddle trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro here.

Cave Rider
10-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Im in central NY,and it was nothing serious here. However I am surrounded by mountains. That certainly must have helped reduce the impact. I hope yall faired well. Another Irene in my town would have been devistating,as it destroyed schoharie county "where I live" last year.

Vealmonkey
10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
I seemed to have gotten pretty luck here. Wind and rain. All the low spots around here flooded as usual. I didn't lose power or any other utilities. For as bad as it was predicted, they seemed to have had it tougher to the north. I hope everyone comes through this ok.

gus
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Glad to her everybody is ok. Has anybody spoken to billy lately ?

dustrunner
10-30-2012, 08:43 PM
well, lets see. at 10 pm a 120 ' huge pine tree fell on my garage.. rained like hell and wind... oh the wind... then at 12 midnight my dad called and i took him to the ER... not to mention all the trees down and electric lines... had 2 got 6 miles out of my way to get to ER... WTF WHAT A YEAR...

just ben
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
well, lets see. at 10 pm a 120 ' huge pine tree fell on my garage.. rained like hell and wind... oh the wind... then at 12 midnight my dad called and i took him to the ER... not to mention all the trees down and electric lines... had 2 got 6 miles out of my way to get to ER... WTF WHAT A YEAR...any pics of the carnage? where by seneca lake are you? I grew up down that way. Hope your dad is all good

gus
10-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Watching Nancy grace right now seeing all the damage homes people on the streets very sad. They even said not to walk in the water for the fact of feces being in contact with the water! 8 million with out power

dustrunner
11-01-2012, 10:25 PM
http://elmira.craigslist.org/rvs/3321788975.html not what i was triing 2 do.. got pics of the tree on my garage.. oh well atleast im figuring out how to post a cl ad... sorry its in wrong place...

just ben
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
http://elmira.craigslist.org/rvs/3321788975.html not what i was triing 2 do.. got pics of the tree on my garage.. oh well atleast im figuring out how to post a cl ad... sorry its in wrong place...well i guess you figured out how to post a link. to post a pic, use the "go advanced" button and click the paper clip. Then add files,add your pics then upload. at the bottom of the page it will have the uploaded pics and will have a button that says "insert inline" hit that and it will put the uploaded pics in your post. I hope that helps.

HappyTrail
11-02-2012, 04:45 AM
11 inches of rain total highest wind gust was around 60mph. The trikes stayed warm and dry in the garage as usual. It wasn't too bad I've been snowed in for 4 days with snow drifts up to 12ft. Other than the mud, a tree across the fencing and 11 stitches in on of my horses lip. (Can't figure out how that happened) there has been worse.

300rman
11-02-2012, 09:10 AM
LOL! Too soon?