PDA

View Full Version : Got a new truck!

Billy Golightly
12-02-2003, 11:30 PM
03 Dodge 1 ton. Cummins Turbo Diesel with High Output package. 6spd Manual transmission, 2 wheel drive. Hella nice. Ballsy too!

NOS_350X
12-03-2003, 01:29 AM
what kinda drugs are you dealing to pay for that thing?
Seriously thats perty nice. i wish i could afford a brand new truck.

Captainuno
12-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Reeeeal Nice :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Billy Golightly
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Actually, Since its a left over 03 model and its a stickshift (Hard to sell around here) I got it pretty reasonably for what it is. A little over $25. The idea is to do a few payments on it, and then when we sell one of the other trucks, plop that down on it and then switch it over to our Bank's financing so it'll have a better interest rate.

The truck is a plain as it can be option wise. Roll down windows, manual locks, manual mirrors, tape player, vinyl seats, ect. Not loaded by anymeans. I still really like it to. Alot more power then my dads old 94 Ford with the 7.3L Diesel I was driving. Its a little strange driving a 6spd though, I still gotta get use to it. My dad and I put abou a 100 miles on it today, runs like a top and the sound from that Cummins is awesome.

I do, for sure, Have a ticket to Haspin now! Next thing is getting the 500X finished.

Trikeaholic
12-03-2003, 03:35 PM

I do, for sure, Have a ticket to Haspin now! Next thing is getting the 500X finished.

NICE! It is a BLAST! The greatest vacation of all time........... I hope I can go next year. I still say we should have 2 per year or some other places too. Im good for one trip a month, easy.

ATC crazy
12-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Nice truck...at least its not a chebby ;)

I couldn't live without a CD player :shock: Gotta have my Metallica....

Billy Golightly
12-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Yeah I got one of those little Adapter do-hicky thinga-muh-bobs that hooks up to the portable CD player, and it goes in the tape deck. I'll have to try that and see how it does. Seems to have a good system from what I've heard over the radio.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-03-2003, 05:57 PM
nice truck bill, my friend just got something similar to that (his dad had a mine well callopse on him and he got 2.3 million dollars) ........ definatly nice trucks, i think you will be happy with the stock sound system, me and my friend allready did one of those hookup do-hicky-thinga-ma-bobs for the portable cd player,, and it does sound really good for a stock system.

J.D.
12-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Nice deal Billy! Seems like things are going good for you and myself vehicle wise!!! Will it peel out pretty good????? Hee hee

ATCRYDER
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Very Nice Ride, Bill! Quite a step-up from the old Ford, eh?

HemiChallenger71
12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Damn you, I wish I could afford any diesel truck. Gas guzzling 80's Dodges don't cut it!!! Good luck with it, Those things haul arse too for a truck. I'm glad to see they have the single rear wheel option on the 1 tons.

ATC crazy
12-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah I got one of those little Adapter do-hicky thinga-muh-bobs that hooks up to the portable CD player, and it goes in the tape deck

Ya, we have 4 of them things laying around. Used to use them in our Aerostar and my dads company van.

ATCkrazy
12-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Nice truck, but whats this I hear about ford diesels?? we got a 93 ford F-350 diesel dualy over at the farm, 358,000,00 on the orig motor,2nd tranny(automatic), we use it all the time, I've had her doing 55mph up some pretty steep hills once the turbo kicks in, hell when you start in the morning it knocks so bad that the hole truck shakes for bout 10 minutes till it build's up oil pressure,been like that for 4 years.

Russell 350X
12-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Damn thats nice. Thats my dream truck :-P