PDA

View Full Version : trx125 help- sorri i know not a 3 wheeler lol

vstaffa
10-31-2012, 03:22 AM
hello sorry i didnt know where else to post about this thought id look for help here.
i picked up an 86 trx 125
good shape and starts right up but when i ride it and rev it high it sounds as if it bounces off a rev limiter?
almost stalls out but doesnt
the brake light is stuck on all the time so a friend of mine mentioned that on a newer quad he has, the parking brake sensor was messed up and he had the same issue(light stuck on and rev limiter)
is this possible on this model?
does it sound like i have another issue?
sorry im new to working on atvs any help is appreciated
thank you

just ben
10-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Try quad central. it does not have a brake light,its a tail light. How high are you reving it? it's a 26 year old machine with some worn engine parts I'm sure, no rev limiter on it either.could be a dirty carb, valves could be floating or out of adjustment,could be water in the fuel/old fuel,could be an ignition issue. hard to point you in the right direction without a little more info

vstaffa
10-31-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd say it stops at about 3/4 throttle in neutral and 1/2 throttle in gear. Thought it was weird that it would seem to not rev out really but kind of bounce off at a certain point but also wasn't stalling. Haven't cleaned the carb yet though. Thank you

just ben
10-31-2012, 08:07 AM
sounds like the main jet is clogged

dustrunner
10-31-2012, 08:44 AM
yep, i agree with just ben. carb cleaning time...

vstaffa
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help... Took the carb apart and cleaned it. It was pretty dirty and had light corrosion. Put it back together and not much different. I took the air filter box cover off while it was running and when I revved it up, it revved all the way. So I took the home made filter from the inside out and put the cover back on and when I tried it again , it wouldn't rev all the way up again. So I figured it must be starving for air... So I took it for a ride without the air box cover on and it was quick, seemed to be getting up to full speed but still hesitated off the start and didn't seem to have much power. Also while tuning, the air mix screw didn't seem to make a noticeable difference at all no matter how much I turned it either way

LT80
11-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Compression????