PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheeler fuel storage for disasters what's your disaster plan??

CRAZY70MAN
11-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Never really thought much about this till I seen 2 mile lines for gas in Jersey?? Being that most of my trikes are always 3/4 full to completeley full, I have roughly 20 extra gallons of extra gas not to mention my normal cans?? Still going to buy a 30 gallon steel pumper on the rollers though for safety. That is pretty scary seeing those gas lines :mad: That would leave me at 50 gallons at any given time!:lock: See...there is a lot of good in having a bunch of trikes..... Fuel storage and fun! Oh ya.... and that is not including the 2 stroker's!!

Thorpe
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
My question from your question, is, what's a guy do for fuel stabilizer for these garbage ethanol blends?? Personally, I like using yamalube ring free additive.... And non oxygenated fuel...

kb0nly
11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I put Stabil in the fuel, never a problem.... I have had my snowblower sit a full year and fire right up no problem whatsoever when i finally needed it. Same with the Generator, though i generally drain the tank once a year to refresh it, but i treat it again with Stabil.

CRAZY70MAN
11-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Stabil here also....no problems. I do start most and ride now and again though.

tri again
11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I guess the best plan for me is to not go anywhere.
When things are that bad, where is there to go anyway?
Go sit in traffic to get to a store that's been looted or traffic jam
with dead cars or hospital that's trying to evacuate 700 patients?

I keep both truck tanks full, tractor, 6 or 8 trikes ( the rest are dried and hanging inside)
Always put the chainsaw away FULL.
Never tried stabil but seafoam seems to last a year with non eithanol gas.
Yesterday, 3 gallons of non ethanol gas was 18 dollars and some change.

Of course, we turn the gas off and run the gas out of the carbs.

Weather channel is still showing tons of heartache.

Being at the mercy of the public services seems worse than the storm.

I was in the bay area for the 89 quake.

Now I live on a farm with a well and river and firewood and hotwater from the woodstove
a cute 900 watt 2 stroke generator to run the fridge and a bbq to cook
whatever thaws first.

CRAZY70MAN
11-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I guess the best plan for me is to not go anywhere.
When things are that bad, where is there to go anyway?
Go sit in traffic to get to a store that's been looted or traffic jam
with dead cars or hospital that's trying to evacuate 700 patients?

I keep both truck tanks full, tractor, 6 or 8 trikes ( the rest are dried and hanging inside)
Always put the chainsaw away FULL.
Never tried stabil but seafoam seems to last a year with non eithanol gas.
Yesterday, 3 gallons of non ethanol gas was 18 dollars and some change.

Of course, we turn the gas off and run the gas out of the carbs.

Weather channel is still showing tons of heartache.

Being at the mercy of the public services seems worse than the storm.

I was in the bay area for the 89 quake.

Now I live on a farm with a well and river and firewood and hotwater from the woodstove
a cute 900 watt 2 stroke generator to run the fridge and a bbq to cook
whatever thaws first.

Atta boy!! Making my own generator as we speak. Free 6hp pressure washer motor from trash.car alternator with inverter and deep cycle battery. Pretty cool project.I am also looking to buy a whole house model asap after my security cameras are done this month. They are stealing around here as we speak. Just spoke to friends and sherrifs.....it ain't good and it is in broad daylight. I guess I may go overboard but I ain't waitin' till my sh@# is gone ...... Got me a fireplace, firewood and 400 gallons of propane. And a bunch of other surprises if they were ever needed;););)

SWIGIN
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
With enough fire power I can take your gas....something to think about.

atc350xer
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
With enough fire power I can take your gas....something to think about.
Mad Max anyone?

Dirtcrasher
11-06-2012, 02:56 AM
I built a rack to carry the essentials and a few cat carriers. 350RX on the highway passing all the stranded families.

And a sticker that says " If you can see this, you'll die faster than me".

I'm just waiting for the Plymouth reactor to melt down.......

CRAZY70MAN
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=SWIGIN;1169646]With enough fire power I can take your gas....something to think about.[/QUOTE

I have more guns than 3 wheelers if that means anything.Big ones and bigger ones...lol Wifey knows how to shoot em' all as well. I love this country....lol.......

tri again
11-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Atta boy!! Making my own generator as we speak. Free 6hp pressure washer motor from trash.car alternator with inverter and deep cycle battery. Pretty cool project.I am also looking to buy a whole house model asap after my security cameras are done this month. They are stealing around here as we speak. Just spoke to friends and sherrifs.....it ain't good and it is in broad daylight. I guess I may go overboard but I ain't waitin' till my sh@# is gone ...... Got me a fireplace, firewood and 400 gallons of propane. And a bunch of other surprises if they were ever needed;););)

Nice generator idea.

I've seem big*&^ electric forklift batteries for sale cheap
and would be great to hold a charge.
Not good enuf for the forklifts anymore but great to
power an inverter for a long time.

Yeah, all the bad guys need to do is rent some liftgate truck,
buy some matching overalls and show up during the day.

Neighbors may even wave or help them.

I like the sign that says, "never mind the dog, beweare of owner."

or

"if this door is locked, it's to protect YOU!"

aaawwww, most bad guys can't read anyway and they say they'll
be in, loaded and gone within Minutes!