PDA

View Full Version : yamaha yt125

jedster
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
hey new here just got a yamaha yt125:) but cant get it to run it has spark, good compresion and gas i cleaned the carb but still can get it to run any ideas?

old-yellow
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
welcome to the forum, have you tried poring gas down the spark plug hole or push starting it. also whats compression at?

jedster
11-05-2012, 04:00 PM
hello old yellow i have pored gas down the spark plug hole and have tried push starting it i don't have a compression tester the pull start has
been broken since i got her i have all the parts just don't no how it all goes together any help would be great

SixFourStroker
11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Old- yellow is a wealth of information. He helped me get mine going. Does it suck through the carb when pulling on it. Is the plug wet or dry when you take it out? They require spark fuel air and compression to run so look towards which one is missing. On mine the compression was a tad low so I put some marvel mystery oil in it for a few days and it un stuck my rings and now it runs great.

jedster
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
the plug is wet when i pull it out,and its got good compression when you start yours about how many pulls does it take? my pull start is broke so i just rap some rope around the fly wheel so and it gets tiring. i hope to get the pull start back on tomorrow
and will try all the tricks:)

SixFourStroker
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Well mine I know is no where near tuned right but it always fires on the second pull cold and first warm. If the plug is wet that means you are getting fuel. Are you sure it is good fuel? has it been sitting a long time? If you have the means I would try starting it by pulling it. It will be a lot less wear on you.

jedster
11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
yea the guy i bought it from said he had it running in jan. i put fresh gas in it i will get the pull starter on tomorrow and see
about pull starting her will let you no how it goes

old-yellow
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
well let us know

jedster
11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
well i got the pull start back together but not on the bike i need bolts. where is the vin number located on the bike so i can tell what year it is?

old-yellow
11-07-2012, 01:48 AM
its located on the right hand side of the head tube, let me know what the vin is and i can tell you the year.

jedster
11-08-2012, 11:40 PM
so i got the pull rope back on the bike. i tried all of the tricks no deal i think iv nerowwed it down i think its not getting air is
there a way to fix that or can someone walk me throught it?

old-yellow
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
what do you mean by you don't think its getting air have you tried checking compression if so whats it at or checking you reeds, i need more info to be able to help you should do a search on here to see what other problems people have had maybe it will help you to explain whats going on.

jedster
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
i will check compression tomorrow. its ether not getting air or gas im not sure

jfishbaugh
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello All,
I have a 1980 Yamaha 125 TriMoto I can get it to start by spraying starter fluid into the carb but dies once it burns that up. I am guessing that it is not getting fuel, there are several hose fittings coming off the carb, I know the fuel line, I believe one goes to the oil pump but dont know which. Would like and suggestions or info that any may have to help me with the situation.

old-yellow
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
jfishbaugh you should start your own thread but here some pics to help

atcuknowme
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
nice bike you have there. I used to have one when i was a kid.

Yamaha125z
05-28-2014, 02:32 PM
I have a yamaha tri moto 125 and mine will start on starting fluid but will not stay running. I pulled this machine out of a tree belt and cleaned the carb all out. I just don't think it is sucking in fuel it will run if I give it shots of starting fluid. What should I do to try and fix this? Clean the carb again or something else. Sorry to bring this post from the dead but I would really like to get this bike running.