PDA

View Full Version : Atc 125m won't idle

250rkyle
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I have a 1983 atc 125m and it will not idle at all and I have had the carb totally cleaned
A couple times and I have turned the idle screw all the way in and it doesn't do anything.
Any suggestions?

Jason125m
11-06-2012, 06:17 PM
You have a few possibilities, Pilot jet could still be clogged. Plug could be fouled, air filter could be mega dirty, bad gas, low compression...

dustrunner
11-06-2012, 07:13 PM
yep, what jason said.... 1 little itty-bitty piece of dirt wwill cause a problem in a carb... good luck

250rkyle
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok thank you I will try all of what you said

kb0nly
11-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Sounds like you still got something plugged up, its a pain. I took a 125 carb apart three times before i finally got that sucker to work right once. The third time i said the heck with it and soaked it in carb dip for two days then blew it out and baked it under a heat lamp for an hour and blew it out again, it must have worked cause after i put it all back together it ran good.

On the other hand, i just had another 125 that i could not get the carb to work right on no matter what i did. I ended up buying a new replacement carb off ebay, then i had a racing idle. Ended up being the gaskets between the carb and the intake and the intake and head if you also removed the intake tube to get the carb off, i know when i take apart a 125M i take the two bolts out of the head end of the intake and take the carb and intake off as one piece. Turns out it was just an air leak. I ended up making two new gaskets from a sheet of gasket material and a new o-ring for the front of the carb from the hardware store and it purrs like a kitty now.

tri guy
07-08-2019, 05:34 PM
So then is the carb screw towards the engine the idle mixture screw and the one towards the air cleaner the idle screw ?