PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for her?

sledcrazyinCT
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I tried this on another site and they nuked it so hopefully it stays here because I am curious about others people's POV. I have lived in CT my whole life aside from college days in MASS.

OK in Connecticut we have Linda McMahon who is running for US Senate. The main advertising I hear from her opponent in the last weeks is that she has spent 77 million of her own cash to run for election. The purpose of 'buying her election is to give herself a 7 million dollar tax cut'. First off how does one person in the Senate control taxes? Second if under current IRS law she is able to file and 'save' herself 7 million bucks tell me who wouldn't if in the same position as her and it is legal to file under current federal law?

Funny her opponent slams her for her success in business - she can't be a retard and make the millions her family has. Personally I would rather see business people in office as opposed to career politicians that tend to be out of touch, never had to meet payroll, can't submit a budget etc. She might have some policies that are not in alignment with me or her party but the USA needs politicians to step up, put aside differences and accomplish stuff relevant to the average American so that we leave this country in good shape for future generations.

Not saying she is great but cripes shelling out that kind of dough I think she has as much a right to the senate seat as her opponent. For those that think she will hurt this country there are 99 other Senators she will be working with so it isn't like she will rule the roost and have free reign with our political system. I hope if elected she reaches across the aisle as needed to accomplish things that are in the best interest of AMERICA instead of siding with your political party at the detriment of the citizens you've been elected to represent.

wisconsinite
11-06-2012, 09:29 PM
meh, she couldn't be any worse than the rest of the clowns. as far as whether or not she's "out of touch"... it's been a LONG time since the WWF monarchy has lived from paycheck to paycheck. imho anyone who can just lay down $77000 is out of touch, let alone millions.

Howdy
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
With the info provided there is no way I could answer. I am one that does a lot of Fact Finding from both sides before deciding which way to vote.
Howdy

fabiodriven
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't know what you're confused about, but if someone's wIlling to drop that kind of coin to be a public servant then I have a lot of questions.

I don't know what her salary would be if she did get into office, but I'm sure it's a lot less than 77 million. It just goes to show our government is for sale to the highest bidder. If you've got the coin to front and can out-lie your opponent, you might just get into office. Then you get your money back and then some. It's just a popularity contest and an investment. Some rich person gets richer while the public watches, BFD.

Howdy
11-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Fabio, From what I was told by a local Politician: Once you become an elected official you get some income exepted from taxes. So yes, she might dump a bunch of money into the campaign, but would save that much in taxes. I don't know if that is every where or not, or even if it's 100% true. But I wouldn't doubt it.
Howdy

badass350x
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't know what you're confused about, but if someone's wIlling to drop that kind of coin to be a public servant then I have a lot of questions.

I don't know what her salary would be if she did get into office, but I'm sure it's a lot less than 77 million. It just goes to show our government is for sale to the highest bidder. If you've got the coin to front and can out-lie your opponent, you might just get into office. Then you get your money back and then some. It's just a popularity contest and an investment. Some rich person gets richer while the public watches, BFD.

Highest bidding isn't the only thing are government is up to,, its a sad situation for all us americans right now and its only going to get worse!!!

sledcrazyinCT
11-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Well all that coin couldn't get her a senate seat She got slammed 2 to 1