PDA

View Full Version : 1983 atc 70 christmas edition 350 $

dustrunner
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
http://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/3338739255.html is it true they only made 100 of these ? :wondering

oldtime3wheeler
11-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I heard around 1500 were produced. If it was closer I would definetly go look at it.

maxdallasfan
11-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey Tom. I'm going to be in the market for a Big Red within the next 6 months (house in NJ should be all set by then). Let me know if you want to sell me one of yours.

ktmbk
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
If this was the same bike that was re listed at the end of December i went for a look.
Over all, it was not in that bad shape for the area, being a 30 year old machine. now the bad:
Tires are original but dry rotted flat, no pull start - missing, air filter housing was off, and you can turn the flywheel with your hand. He defiantly went through her before putting her up - since most of the bolts weren't seized. Tank did have some rust, but not too bad, although looked to have rust out on the seam and jb welded. Fenders mostly good, front one hits the motor so had some damage. The seat pan is shot and seat ripped a little, tank and fork paint are OK, a little rust but restore-able, frame about the same.
Its not a bad project for someone with a little skills, figure a good kiddy toy with not too much investment. All depends on which way you go with it, just enough work to get her going or a full restore.
I figured it was probably worth 200 at most but gave him an extra 100 cause of the blue fenders. Just keeping it out of sight from the kids now, got two other bikes first in line.
oh plus dealing with the kid was a pita, just seemed off, but most people on craigslist seem to be.