PDA

View Full Version : Who has the silver TOYOTA TACOMA?? Was in a thread.

Dirtcrasher
11-09-2012, 11:13 PM
I searched forever and gave up. I just wanted to ask you a couple of tire issues....

THANK YOU!!

hublake
11-10-2012, 05:49 AM
I have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma that is silver. Don't know if it has been in any pictures on here or not. What is the question?

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2012, 06:12 AM
It's regarding what lift I need to fit 33" tires and they remarked that they had 33" tires on theirs.......

Mine is the 1st gen Taco 2003

There is just too much information on it where people all have different opinions/set ups etc.

hublake
11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
That wasn't mine. I have stock tires and even though it is 4 wheel drive the only time I use it is in the snow. Mine is just a fancy car.

zzmegad
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
There is just too much information on it where people all have different opinions/set ups etc.

yeah thats the problem, so many damn variables. I've done a lot of research and know a bit about lifting domestic trucks and tire sizes but at first guess I would say you want four to six inchs of lift and only 10.5 wide tires if you want to avoid trimming. Also aftermarket rims with more backspacing. I'm sure you already might have seen this link, but http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100970

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
^You called it. My stock ones need replacing and I have a small window of time to chop,cut,grind,weld before its too cold.

These guys talk about 3"s of lift with a bilstein (sp) and the spacers and shackles on the back, But, that limits me to 31" tires.

I feel like zim driving a pussies truck :lol:

hoosierlogger
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I had a 3" body lift on my 95 Tacoma. It cleared 31's with plenty of room. Id guess that a 3" suspension and a 3" body lift would do it pretty goon and a lot less expensive than a 6" suspension lift.

Dirtcrasher
11-11-2012, 02:25 AM
It's Jon Jon. I'll have to PM or get him in here.....

Thanks for the help guys.

tanks350x
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Look at all of your tire options, and then give me a call... I might be able to help you out on some different brands... did you forget about your old pal who is in the tire business? :lol:

Dirtcrasher
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Look at all of your tire options, and then give me a call... I might be able to help you out on some different brands... did you forget about your old pal who is in the tire business? :lol:

Nope, I just got so busy that I have not spoke much with DEEPA AND Fabio.

I will call you, I just don't like to ask for favors when I have not talked to someone for awhile.

tanks350x
11-12-2012, 11:47 PM
It's not a favor at all..How many times have you helped me out? Look at my X for instance,, how much of it did you have a part of? probably 80% of it... Just because we haven't talked in a while, doesn't mean we ain't still buds...

Dirtcrasher
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks Roy.

I guess to sum it up, I hate asking for help. I do all phases of electric/home building. Have my own welders, mill, lathe, sandblaster and so on.

All trike or vehicle repairs.

And the majority was learned by myself.

I just try not to ask for favors but don't mind helping others......

tanks350x
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
It's not asking for help if the other party is willing to do it, with no profit for himself. A lot of people would tack on a few extra bucks for themselves...I'm not like that when it comes to friends. Especially when it's going to be a pricey transaction like new tires...