PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Tri Moto 125 Wiring problem

CodyRosa
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Ok well about a week ago I completely stripped my frame down for my tri moto in hopes of putting a kawasaki 200 motor on it, I took the wiring harness completely off and of course the motor. Now I hooked up the motor just not in the frame (just sitting on my garage floor) just to see if I could get it running. ( I had an issue where the thing was LOUD LOUD LOUD and I figured out it was the exhaust not completely tight so i tried to get it running now) Well I have my 4 wires hooked up that are coming out of the motor.. i forget what they are like black, yellow/red, white,red and brown? not to sure. (i already looked at a wiring diagram and its all good) after that I reattached my run, off switch (i had cut it before) and the thing is giving me no spark what so ever. My only issue that I can think of is the ground which comes off the ignition coil i believe. I have no idea where to put it as I just through a screw in it for weight and set it on the concrete.

I don't have a taillight, headlight hooked up.. so what on earth is my problem. It worked fine before I took it apart. I know I took the recoil off and put it back on.. cant imagine i messed anything up there. Any help leading me towards the right direction would be great!

Thanks everyone,

Cody

CodyRosa
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
anyone know?

old-yellow
11-11-2012, 12:10 PM
here a wiring diagram for the YT175 but the wiring is the same as the YT125.

CodyRosa
11-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Well thanks for that diagram old yellow. That one is a LOT easier to read than the other one I looked at.

old-yellow
11-12-2012, 02:51 AM
did you figure out what was wrong

CodyRosa
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Nope, didn't have time to check it today.. Not sure when I will get to. I am putting my bearings in my honda tomorrow so it'll be awile before I check. It should be hooked up right sense everything is color coded.

old-yellow
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
yes if its hooked up by color it should be good, do have a ground between the motor and coil because the frame of the bike acted like a ground between the motor and coil.

CodyRosa
11-17-2012, 05:43 PM
What should I use as a ground? I had no idea so i just put a screw driver through it and put it on the ground hahaha. Maybe that was/is my problem?

old-yellow
11-18-2012, 01:49 PM
What should I use as a ground? I had no idea so i just put a screw driver through it and put it on the ground hahaha. Maybe that was/is my problem?
probable, try attaching a ground wire from motor to coil plus the back ground wire for the coil