PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z 250 Problem

Aeckart46
11-12-2012, 12:03 AM
I recently bought an 85 tri-z. It sat in a shed for the past 10 years and wasnt ran. I emptied the fuel tank and cleaned the carb(in carb cleaner, took jets out and blew them out with air hose to make sure they werent dirty. It was missing a fuel pump when i picked it up so i got it running off a gravity fed bottle. It ran really good when it was in neutral. When i drove it it ran really choppy. After i got a fuel pump on it, it ran awesome but it only runs really good up to about a quarter mile. The fuel pump is pumping plenty of fuel to it so thats not the issue. After that it just completely falls on its face. I have to put it on choke and it will idle back to the shed but thats it. If i let it sit for about ten minutes i can do the same thing again. I can repeat this all day long. Can someone point me in the direction i need to go. Thanks

TimSr
11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I had a similar issue years ago. In my case it turned dout to be the gas tank vent tube was clogged. This runs from the top of the tank to the front of the bike to the forks.

Aeckart46
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Could this happen to be something like a bad stator coil?

fabiodriven
11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd try what Tim suggested first. Also, if there's any kind of fuel filter/screen I'd clean that as well. I'm not terribly familiar with the Tri-Z's so I don't know what they have for filters.

Darius1502
02-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Mine doing the same thing...
Aeckart46 any updates on this?