PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales. What's Your Opinions?

swampthang
11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Time has a way of creeping up on us and it is getting closer to the Holidays and the ever dreaded "Black Friday". I have read that some stores are starting there sales earlier this year even on Thanksgivings Day. I try my best to stay clear of the major stores from about Halloween to after the New Year just because of the amount of idiots shopping. You know what caliber of people shop at Walmart on a normal day well just tripple the amount of them all fighting over a small quantity of crappy electronis that are at "rock bottom prices" My opinion is the extra savings on a few items is not worth all the hassle. I would rather stay home and fight with my family then a pack of idiots at the Walmart.:lol::crazy:

Slingblade
11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I wouldnt go fight that bunch of idiots, even if those 89$ Kamatizumi TV's came with a remote control.

My son loves to go and just video people. Alabama rednecks fighting over a bargain, you can imagine. It is hilarious.

But I am out..

dcreel
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/dcreel/550231_493191884048841_496896705_n.jpg

tri again
11-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, the news was pretty funny.
They're gonna open the day before at midnight but the sales don't start till 4 am at target
or wherever to keep people from being trampled and actually Killed when the doors open.

It may be fun to watch or get some good video to sell to the news channels.

I prefer to watch 'wildlife' here on the farm.

Howdy
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I try to go but mostly to watch people get farging nuts. Yes, there are things I need at a cheap price, but watching idiots is much better. I did score a good deal on a TV 3 years ago. Just happened to be walking by and the lady said I have 1 more voucher. SNAGGGG LOL
Howdy

Dirtcrasher
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
If some were offering new trikes at a discount, I'd wait. Other than that, I buy for very few people so XMAS doesn't mean much to me.......

Mosh
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Actually, you get better deals on cyber Monday, and the day after xmas, and New years than anything..If you want a TV, wait till one week after the Super bowl.

The nice thing is, many times you can shop from home, have the stuff shipped and never leave.
Let the tool heads burn 4$ gallon gas running all over carnation and fight through that chaos...

And you watch..Gas prices will go up 20% in the next week...These greedy corporations are criminals...

It's grossly comical to watch people become literal barbarion's, and run someone over for a parking space or get in a fight over some crazy toy..I don't recall in the Birth of Jesus where people clubbed each other in the head to get a gift out from under another, nor do I recall where the wise men exchanged gifts amongst themselves, they only gave to a newborn king..
But hey, everyone else seems to think that is how it went down.
And what is with the dang x mas advertisements already? Dang aint even past the next holiday..Be like advertising pumpkins for sale before the 4th of July....

Me....Bah Humbug!

maxdallasfan
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM
And we wonder why our society is the way it is

threewheelin-feelin
11-14-2012, 11:54 PM
im going to do what i do every black friday...sleep in...and enjoy my 4day weekend from work hehe

JayBone
11-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I already have 90% of my shopping done. I do it online at work. Work is slow this time of the year so i get that stuff out the way and it keeps me from dozing off
The video tape idea is actually pretty funny.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate going shopping on any "normal" day, let alone go out of black friday.... I'm not at all fond of crowds.

FTR, when I say I hate shopping, going to my local sleds parts shop, gunshop, or going to look at a wheeler for sale does NOT fall into the "shopping" category....Maybe I need to differentiate "man shopping" from the normal shopping that I hate...

Usually, I'm out in the woods with my .270 and 44mag looking for Bambi's dad.. I would rather pound my testicles flat with a hammer than go to Wal-Mart or a shopping mall on black friday...

captainweezy
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Not worth it in my opinion. My wife and I do 95% of our shopping before thanksgiving even comes around. She may find something online but we never go out shopping in that mess. I have started a new tradition 3 years ago with a buddy. We go riding at Kentucky lake black Friday and Saturday. This is about 5.5 to 6 hours to drive down but they have fantastic trails and it is really a stress killer. We look forward to it every year. Only 4 days left. Its almost as exciting as trikefest.

swampthang
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Haha. I already heard stories from the local Walmart. 2 women cut into a pallet of toys early and got there ass chewed buy the manager. They refused to put the toys back and the police had to come into the store and make them put the toys back into the pallet until the time of the sale. Let the games began!!!

Big Mike
11-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Amazon.com is where 95% of my shopping gets done, the other 5% is Ebay usually!! HAHA.