PDA

View Full Version : 250sx is having issues.

travis103192
11-19-2012, 02:32 PM
First of all, I need some help to find a Clymer handbook for my 1985 250sx, also if anyone could give me the spark gap intended for it, and especially what my carburetor jets should be set at? The biggest thing I need help with though is what the heck is wrong with my wheeler?!? All of the sudden when i ride it, if I decellerate or down shift, it acts like it isn't getting gas and and throttle I give it it doesn't want to move hardly as if stopped I am trying to get going in like fifth gear. And now when it is in idle it doesn't want to stay running for too long and all you hear is a hiccuping sound. Please help me out, it will be appreciated. I have had it for about 2 months and ran fine until now.

BigDave
11-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Clean or rebuild the carb to rule it out

Flyingw
11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Here's a link for the factory manual. It has everything you need to know about your carb. Look on the side of the carb just below the fuel hose nipple for the model. If its an QA02A, thats an 85 carb and the QA08A is for the 86-87. Try taking your fuel cap off and see if it runs better. If it does, order a new cap and seal from Service Honda. Also pull the fuel line off and check the flow out of the petcock. Its not uncommon for the strainer in the tank to get clogged.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

fabiodriven
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Also, make sure your gas cap is venting properly. Next time it starts to die, try loosening the cap and see if it gets any better.

tri again
11-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Does it change if you try to add some choke?

Lots o' fuel problems lately.
Cap vent, petcock screen, full 'on' as opposed to reserve
and carb float sticking come to mind.

Does anything come out the float bowl drain when this happens?

The search key is also a great resource to get tons of pages in one post.