PDA

View Full Version : Bearing and more.

D.A
11-20-2012, 02:55 AM
(Does a 86 Honda 200s have axle bearings wheel bearings or both bearings)
okay i recently got my 86 honda atc 200s up and running but i have a bit of a problem well actually THREE but i'm focused on TWO of them because i believe they are big issues.
1 when I ride the front wheel feels like it jumps.
2 when i ride the left wheel(of course rear tire it's a THREE wheeler lol) does a figure eight.
The right wheel is fine though.
3 is my 86 200s the ONLY 200s that's muffler comes out the side and not the bottom?
Also when I down shift it 'jerks' is that any good?
Even if you can't answer all the questions ANY help is wanted.
My bother is getting one on Sunday I wanna go out riding together instead of taking turns on mine.
P.S and 3 WHEELER RIDERS IN SYRACUSE,NY OR ANYWHERE UPSTATE?

sammiefish
11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
as for your figure 8

check to be sure the hub castle nut is tightened securely to the axle...
a loose nut will let the hub wobble on the axle... a really really bad thing if you
bugger up the axle splines...

jumping front wheel...

jack the front end... check to see if the bearings in your steering tube (where the forks go into the frame)
under the triple tree are secure... if they are worn I imagine that might feel like the front wheel is jumping...

down shift jerk...

maybe you need to adjust the "manual" clutch.... its the bolt/nut on the right side of the case...
disengages the manual clutch when you are partially pushing on the shifting lever before you actually
shift the gear...

dustrunner
11-20-2012, 08:35 AM
sounds like your front tire was flat for a long time and has a flat spot to me.. and possibly worse case senerio a bent rear axle = figure 8 ? as far as the jerk = how is your idleing ? is it really hi ?

atc300r
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Could be bent hub. Switch the rear tires and hubs and see if it still wobbles on the same side.If your axle is bent you can get it straightend at a machine shop. Go with the advise of these guys on the other stuff I think the same .Im about an hour and a half north of Syracuse .

D.A
11-20-2012, 06:13 PM
No more figure 8.
Now the only things are my muffler(i can't get it to come out front the bottom.
Also the front tire when I give it throttle the handle bars go left to right and if I'm in the end of 2nd beginning of 3rd it shakes REALLY BAD.
Feels like a bullride lol.
ANYTHING?:crazy:

D.A
11-22-2012, 12:24 AM
My carb needle came out the slide does this mean I have to replace the whole throttle cable with carb slide?

Howdy
11-22-2012, 01:31 AM
You might just be missing a clip that holds the needle in. Get a diagram of the carb and make sure you have all the components.

Front wobble: You might have a bent front rim or hub. It could just be bad bearings as well. Need to do a good inspection.
Howdy