PDA

View Full Version : Ebay klemms pipe??? I don't think so!!!

MOTOMAX27
11-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Saw on ebay a pipe i have never seen before... Cant post pic right now. sorry just check it out on ebay... see what you guys think.

willcamach
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
why dont you think so? what's your expert oppinion as to what type it is?

MOTOMAX27
11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I have a klemms and it doesnt look even close to it. I have never seen nothing like the one on ebay. pipes i have klemms, lrd, jemco, dg, and stock.

dcreel
11-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Klemm Research pipes were originally sectional pipes built by Power Pros in California (along with many others), in the late 80's Klemm Research made their own pipes which were stamped. Not having seen the pipe in question since you didn't post the link, I couldn't be sure.. I have never heard of Klemms, I suppose they could be 2 different companies?

Xowner
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a klemm for Z. It was confirmed by Harry himself.

Just-Tri-It
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klemm-research-exhaust-pipe-yamaha-tri-z-ytz-250-/160928193960?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2578115da8

Is this the pipe?

MOTOMAX27
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
thanks for the link of the pic. looks like three different pipes.

zmpolaristech
11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah I saw that and thought the same thing...not a klemm. Def unique. Never seen one like it before.

Rigaman
11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Who makes this pipe then? It looks kind of cool.

willcamach
11-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I own the pipe, I was very active on these boards at the time when i bought it on ebay about 6 years ago. It was listed as a Klemm research pipe & was packaged with the Answer silencer im selling on ebay today & is pictured with the pipe. At the time i remember posting the link here and asking the same thing & all off the responce i got was the same as it is here today "not a Klemm", "Unique pipe, could be a Klemms" ETC,
ETC. I installed the pipe on my bike & did the Yamaha wrench report cylinder treatment i found out about on this site & it definetly woke my tri-z up, lost a lil low end but mid to top was insane. I eventually got the sprock cool heads that were floating around here & some other mod parts & the bike was amazingly better than it was stock even with the crap front forks! Ive never had the privlege of having the pipe looked at by any "old school" industry people but ive riden with many fellow trikers from that other 3 wheeled website :) & i always got the same mixed info from those folks as well. All i can say is it may or may not be a Klemms but it is a great "unique" pipe

just ben
11-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I have a pipe for an 86 tecate that looks the same as far as the construction goes. The first thought with mine was dg but it clearly isnt. Unfortunetly mine was is really rough shape and was hacked up to be used as a temporary/mock up pipe.