PDA

View Full Version : '84 model motor in '79 atc110

5mman
11-24-2012, 07:25 PM
has anyone put a late model ('84) motor in an early ('79) atc? i'm told it's so difficult it isn't worth doing. i believe CDI is the only difference but can't find out the exact differences. if it's just a CDI box, a bit of playing with the loom, a 12 volt headlight and tail light and possibly a new voltage regulator (not sure about that) then it's a pretty easy conversion. there are hundreds of brand new never turned late model 110 motors on ebay at the moment. i want one for my old girl.

also keen to know the difference between '81 and '84 CDI motors (or electrics)..

not sure anyone will read this anyway. i'm quite tired of the new member rules. quite ridiculous. almost not worth joining at all if i can't get involved in discussions. if an administrator reads this, i would like to suggest that you remove the requirement for so many posts in a place nobody reads them. if people are stupid on the forum just delete their account. it's extremely frustrating..

shortline10
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM
It will bolt right in but you need the harness from the CDI motor and you will also have to make a bracket for the cdi but zip ties will work as well .

maxdallasfan
11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
All existing members will see your thread no matter where it is....all we do is click the "what's new" button on the top.