PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Dad Monday...........

atc007
11-24-2012, 10:43 PM
For those of you that have. You know how bad it hurts. To those of you that haven't. You can't imagine. Just another friendly reminder to enjoy EVERY second you can with your loved ones.

jeswinehart
11-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill. Lost mine in 1975. Learned alot from that man,,,,

john

El Camexican
11-24-2012, 11:17 PM
So sorry for your loss. Please try to find comfort in the memories you will always have.

just ben
11-24-2012, 11:24 PM
my condolences

fire1
11-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Very sorry to here of your loss.

sp8twn
11-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Sorry for your loss Bill!:cry:

Slingblade
11-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry to hear, Bill. My condolences as well.

Vealmonkey
11-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know you have alot that you are dealing with.

HuffieVA
11-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Sorry for your loss Bill, I hope that the good memories will help make things just a bit easier for you.

atc350xer
11-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, Bill. My sincere condolences. I lost my dad in 2001, so I know where you're at right now.

bkm
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Sorry for your loss Bill. Just remember he is in a much better place now and is no longer suffering from that horrible condition. It will be five years for me Dec. 12th., and not a day goes by I don't think of him. Keep your head up and remember the good times.

whyzee
11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Ugh..Bill, i am so so sorry. I know your pain. I lost my Dad to cancer when I was just 21. The only solace was that he was no longer suffering, but alot of times that's just not enough comfort. You want them here with us, healthy forever. Keep the faith and continue to carry on all the great things he has taught you. Find comfort in God and knowing that one day we will all be reunited.

Swinger
11-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Sorry for your loss Bill. Hope you and your family are doing ok and like the guys said. Remember the good times, thats what gets me through the moments when you know they should be there but arent. Holidays and birthdays are rough but it definatley helps when you can have a laugh about the good or even stupid things you may have done together. Stay strong and enjoy the future but dont forget the past. Prayers are with you bud.

atc007
11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanx guys. And to all of you ahead of me that already had lost your Dad,my condolences.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-25-2012, 09:34 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Bill. May God bless and comfort you and yours in this time of loss.

CRAZY70MAN
11-25-2012, 10:35 AM
For those of you that have. You know how bad it hurts. To those of you that haven't. You can't imagine. Just another friendly reminder to enjoy EVERY second you can with your loved ones.

Very sorry for your loss. I knew of your situation from reading your posts. I beleive you have had your hands full for quite some time now. Your Dad is in a better place now. Your quote above is right on the money. God bless you and your family.

Cave Rider
11-25-2012, 11:07 AM
So sorry to hear that... My father means the world to me. I am watching him get worse everyday. He has emphysema, pleurisy,copd, and asthma... He smokes 4 packs a day... the man that I remember was strong, and in good health... my stomach turns to read of your story. There is something about the holidays, that really make me think of being young and having my family at its best... it hurts just to write this, as I am thinking of the inevitable... God bless your father and your family... May he be with you through the holidays. -Pat

dirtflinger66
11-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Sorry for your loss, keep the good memories close that is what keeps their legacy alive.

Scootertrash
11-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Sorry for your loss. Condolences from myself and the wife.

oldskool83
11-25-2012, 01:32 PM
hope you can heal and know hes always with you in your mind. sorry for your loss.

coolpool
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I am shocked and sorry to hear this news Bill. From your posts and our conversation we had I can tell you are a caring, unselfish man and gave it your all to make his life all that it could be. Reflect on the memories and relish the time you spent together. Time will lesson the pain of this loss but he will never be forgotten. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Pete

atc007
11-25-2012, 04:02 PM
One heck of a group of guys here.... Thanx ALL of you. Pat,,,I WILL say this. Don't focus on what WAS with your Dad. He aint going back. DEAL with what you have now. Tell him HOW MUCH you love him now. Soon my friend, he WILL be gone. Sorry to be so blunt. But ,it is true. And yes,,,the Holidays Do make it that much worse.. Dads last words were how Beautiful my girls had decorated the Christmas tree. He went peacefully in his sleep,after a really hard Sunday night... I'm still interested in dealing on the stuff Pat.. This is his Obit... I wasn't going to,but feel I should????

LYLE E. MORGAN 91
On the morning of Monday, November 19th, 2012, Lyle Edmund Morgan of Shunk went to be with his Lord while at his residence, surrounded by his loving family . He was 91 years of age. Born on his family’s farm February 25th, 1921, he was one of fifteen children in the family of William and Belle (Brown) Morgan. Lyle learned at an early age the virtues of honesty, hard work and devotion to family, character traits for which he was well-known throughout his life. He volunteered for service in the U. S. Marine Corps to defend our country during the Second World War, joining five of his brothers who also served our nation so admirably. Upon returning home Lyle met the love of his life, Florence Stone. They were united in marriage and shared sixty-four years and raised two sons and two daughters. He and his family operated the family dairy farm in Fox Township, providing a Heavenly place upon which to raise his children. Lyle was an excellent role model and mentor for young people. No matter how huge the job or daunting the task he would always see it through, and those who had assisted him were left with a feeling of confidence, accomplishment and pride in a job well done.
Lyle is survived by his wife, Florence, and sons Stephen and Bill (& Rebecca) Morgan, all at home, daughters Mary Lou (& Dick) Isbell of Ulster and Pam (& Jim) Bailey of Fairbanks, Alaska, brothers Dale (& Dorothy) Morgan of Alabama, Glen (& Betty) Morgan of Canton and John (& Beverly) Morgan of Ulster, sisters Josephine Lewis of Hillsgrove and Norma Lodge of Canton, sisters-in-law Eleanor Hanna, Evelyn Blow, Edith Lucas, Jean Shaner, Linda Runkle, and Janet Wagner, and brother-in-law Clarence Stone, eleven grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren as well as numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents, William and Belle Morgan, Mother and Father in law, Francis and Laura Stone, brothers Frank, Martin, Melvin, Stanley and Vance Morgan, sisters Dorothy Kipp, Doris Rathbun, Madeline Kilmer and Esther Caluso, and sister-in-law Doris Stone. And numerous in laws ,nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be 11a.m. until noon, Friday, November 23rd at Morse & Kleese Funeral Home, 94 N. Center Street, Canton. Funeral service will be at noon with the Rev. Janet Wagner, retired Methodist minister, officiating. Interment will be in the Morgan Family Cemetery, Fox Township. The family will provide the flowers and suggests that memorial contributions be directed to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, 298 West Chester Pike, Broomall, Pa., 19008

Jason125m
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Very sorry to hear about your loss Bill. Keep your head up and remember the good times! Your father has been there for you for you're whole life, through all the ups and downs, and he will continue to watch over for the rest of your life. Hes in a better place, at peace, smiling about all the good times the both of you had.

We're all here for you Bill!

Dirtcrasher
11-25-2012, 05:05 PM
So sorry Bill. That was a very nice obituary.

Take care my friend!

250rs-neva-die
11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Very sorry for you loss Bill. Wish you and your family the best.

bkm
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Bill, not only have you lost a father, but we as a nation have lost another Hero. Love em' while you got em' folks. None of us know what tomorrow is going to bring.

ditchmud
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Very sorry Bill to hear of your loss. I know what you are going through. Losing my father was absolutely the worst day in my life.

2fiftyR
11-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss.

beets442
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear that.Prayers to you and yours.

atc007
11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Very sorry Bill to hear of your loss. I know what you are going through. Losing my father was absolutely the worst day in my life.
You said it best Rich,,,

atc007
11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Bill, not only have you lost a father, but we as a nation have lost another Hero. Love em' while you got em' folks. None of us know what tomorrow is going to bring.

Well said Bryan. I've posted it here before,but it bears repeating.. My Grandma and Grandpa had S I X sons fighting in WW2,,3 more enlisted and left the day before the war ended,,they did ammunition disposals.. 9 in the service for WW2 theatre. So far as we know ,the Nations largest family to serve and all return home from that war. They never wanted a drop of recognition. So it has stayed that way. The flag presentation,Taps,and the soldiers seeing him off was about unbearable.

jays375
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry for your loss.Try to make the best of the upcoming holidays.

rdlsz24
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill. My wife and I both have grandpas who aren't doing too hot lately and neither are 80 yet

Rob

Thorpe
11-26-2012, 04:27 PM
My condolences Bill, for you and your family....

Jeepermc
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
:( Sorry to hear.

atc007
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Life goes on,,and much the same... My middle daughter,,with the most challenges,got her 2 fingers shut in the Hinge side of the funeral home door as we were carrying Dad out. Broke both fingers,and nails.. Went into shock,passed out.. Bled for days.. Playing last night,,severely sprained her ankle..Just got home from the Dr.s.. She's tough,,and life churns on.. My Brother n law is made of steel,,farmed most of his life. Stubborn and scared of Dr.s. He's laying in the ICu cancer unit. He was bleeding all weekend. His platelet count is under 1800,,we're supposed to have 30000.. If he doesn't die from internal bleeding or stroke.. They say he could make a full recovery. I sound like a whiner lol.. I'll stop there.. Just another day. Thanx for all the kind words fellas.

aldochina
11-27-2012, 05:45 PM
so very sorry Bill!! It is so hard that death is such a part of life!! lost my brother when i was 16, last week was 18 yrs! still seems like yesterday. Tough time of the year, my uncle passed monday also, and last month my inlaws brother passed in his sleep at 45, wife 2 young children. Some you can explain, some you cannot even begin! nothing really ever makes it easier!! anything i can do you know how to reach me!

MRSOUND
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Just seen this Bill, So sorry for your loss. I can relate to the sounds of Taps. Gives me a shiver & wet eye every time I hear them since 91 when my father passed.

bkm
11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't know if I pay attention to it more because of the holidays, but it seems this stuff always happens around this time of year. My dad died on 12-12-07 and his birthday is 12-31. Needless to say it was a horrible 2007 holiday season for me. The worst part about it was his death was at his own hands and with that you have sorrow on top of anger mixed in. I will never fully understood why or the reasons that ultimately led to his decisions. Not that there is ever a good time of year for something like this, but it just takes away a lot of the good feelings I always had for this time of year.

I guess you just try and remember the good times and memories and shut out the dark ending. Hell I don't know???? I know we all grieve differently so its hard to tell someone that its going to be alright when in reality we just don't know what the hell the next day will have in store for us.

All I can say is be strong, keep your head up, and if you need to let it out don't be afraid. I wish you and your family only the best.

I know we have differences of opinion when it comes to crated trikes.:lol: LOL But you know how to get a hold of me if you need to talk to someone.

atc007
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanx guys. I said,I'll be alright,he built me strong.. And in the big picture ,realm of things. I was extremely lucky. He was 50 years old the day I was born.Most kids in my situation would have know an " older man" I saw a man climbing silos,wrestling bulls,riding 3 wheelers all around the farm ,up and down the roads and pastures etc.... I was one blessed sob.. And to be able to give back,,a very small fraction of what he gave me the last 5 years,,was all my pleasure. Bryan,I know that was hard to go public with. You know my heart breaks for you..and you know that ship sails BOTH ways. I was just telling family of my Cousin who ate a bullet many years ago.. He was in line for a liver transplant,,he had Juvenile diabetes,,avid Quad and snowmobiler..He had been on the transplant list for years? Larry Hagman got his liver,,the one he was to receive. And the next morning,,my Brother in law tells me Hagman died. A birth Mother of one of our foster girls just died a few weeks back,,41. yes,she smoked,,but 41... We really don't know..

oldtime3wheeler
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Bill, so sorry for your loss.

cattle-dog
11-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Sorry for your loss, i have spent 31 years working with my dad and couldnt fathom the loss, Farmers are a tough bunch my friend. keep your head up.

atc007
11-28-2012, 08:33 AM
so very sorry Bill!! It is so hard that death is such a part of life!! lost my brother when i was 16, last week was 18 yrs! still seems like yesterday. Tough time of the year, my uncle passed monday also, and last month my inlaws brother passed in his sleep at 45, wife 2 young children. Some you can explain, some you cannot even begin! nothing really ever makes it easier!! anything i can do you know how to reach me!

So sorry to hear all of that Rory. Again my condolences..

jfaulkner02
11-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Sorry to hear. My condolences as well.

atc300r
11-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Sorry for your loss . I know how it feels .Lost my dad in summer of 1998. Miss him everyday.