PDA

View Full Version : a good mate for the 110?

donut757
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I just started messing with the 110 i picked up. use the works on the gas tank, missed a little so ill do it again. it looks awesome now. So getting closer to trying to get it started.

I friend of mine called me today and told me about a four wheeler. A co-worker is selling it cause he is in a bind. he said its either a 01 or 02 honda recon. Picture show it to be in good shape cosmetically, tires have plenty of life, garage kept, and not used to much by the guys teenager daughter the last year or two since she got her license. He is the third owner, the first one also needed money, and second one never rode it. He is asking to get $1500 and maintains that he has taken care of it, which is doesnt look bad. I know i need to go check it out and have talked to the guy abotu doing so. Just wanted to get some thoughts.

I thought it was a decent price, would like to see it a few hundred less. I really want to get this 1985 110 running becuase itll just be fun, but still want a fourwheeler for hunting purposes and the Honda Recon is what i have been looking at. i currently have the funds to spend but not sure if i should wait and get one down the road.

From my researching i can get newer models for around $2000 maybe a touch more. Im thinking about waiting until after christmas to get serious in the search, but dont want to miss out on a decent deal.

dustrunner
11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
well if it is in great shape and it's what youve been looking for go get it... i believe the price is reasonable but would try to barter.. good luck..

HappyTrail
11-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Awesome bike. I bought my recon in 98 and have run it hard. It still runs like the day I bought it. Doesn't smoke still has stupid compression. Recently Did bearings and brakes and tires all around. I hear you on the price i paid 4 grand brand new bit know this it will last a long time. I'll never give mine up it's worth more to me than anyone would pay. Finally I have to admit I ride my 110 everyday. Everyone should have one.

sammiefish
11-27-2012, 08:05 AM
have you thought of going to you Honda dealer? the 2012 recon 250 2wd manual is going pretty cheap right now...
less than double what this guy is asking for a 10 or 11 year old machine...
just a thought

donut757
11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes i have thought about it. And i would prefer a brand new machine if the price was right, i just need to take a trip out there. I have decided to wait a few weeks until christmas has come and.gone. If he still has it ill go check it out. i dont think its worth the $1500 so i will plan on taking $1000-1100 with me and offer him that, if it is still there.

The more i read up on these recons the more they sound like little work horses with out the huge engines, snorkels, and 4x4. All i want is something for the trails at the hunt club, and reverse.

Keepah Rolln
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
If your into 3 wheelers and you have some extra cash have you thought about getting a honda 250 sx or big red 250. These are great woods machines and work machines. front, rear racks, hitch etc...for around 1500$ you could find one almost mint!!!