PDA

View Full Version : YZ 400F bogs

Darius1502
12-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Does anyone know whats wrong with my YZ400F. When I give it gas quckly it bogs and sputters.

They told me (at the dealer) that it could be carb is dirty.

Anyone have this experience??

Darius

J.D.
12-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Carb dirty, air filter dirty, or jetted to rich. As you know we just leaned out the jetting on your Tri-Z, so it might need to be done to this bike too. Have fun!

Darius1502
12-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah well if you could see the carb on this thing...I am taking it to the shop!!

Darius1502
12-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Hey SS,

I am going to get one of those dial a jet carbs for the Tri Z...I'll let you know what I think about it.

I am probably going to jet it leaner to about a #300 main jet. Then let the dial a jet do the rest.

Once I get that done... I found a shop that will do some of the wrench report mods. I am going to talk to the porting guy and see what he thinks.

Darius

J.D.
12-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Sounds good. You YZF probably has one of those Keihin Flatside carbs huh? Hee hee, I remember looking at one of those mothers on my old Husky...they llook confusing. Later1

const42
12-15-2003, 03:03 PM
if you are in need of a carb rebuild holler or engine porting etc. we strokem or what ever you want us to do to it . we have refrences also let me know man I can save you a bundle!!!!without compromising the integrity of our work because everything is dynoed and sent back with a print out of you engine thx.

Tecate performance
12-20-2003, 01:50 AM
whats probably happening is that your accelerator pump isn't working. this happened on my 98 400f. on the 98 and 99's the accel. pump linkage was exposed and could collect water easily. look down on the right side of the carb behind the pipe and look for a rod going into the float bowl. it goes into a little rubber boot. its supposed to move down when you open the throttle. if it doesn't move then take the carb off and take the bowl off and the accel. pump chamber apart and clean it out. you'll probably find rust in there.

also check your pilot screw. it should be 1.5-1.75 turns out, stock.

also, if you try to give it a really quick wack on the stand, it may bog. this is normal. when its under load, like when you're riding, then it really shouldn't.