PDA

View Full Version : USS Enterprise (CVN-65) is no more

remsandpets
12-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I was at the inactivation ceremony where they took thr Big E out of service. It was a very moving service. The ship will spend the next several years getting defueled, and scrapped. The good news from the Secretary of the Navy is the next Ford class aircraft carrier (CVN-80) will hold the USS Enterprise name. The current Enterprise has served for 51 years. May the ship Gods welcome her into the fleet. Her flags are down, her lights are off and her nuclear reactors are being shut down for the last time. :(:(:(

ezmoney1979
12-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Good. One less vessel made for killing people. Too bad it has a replacement.

Vealmonkey
12-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Was she decommissioned in PNSY? My old boat was up there in mothballs and I think is still there. USS Farragut DDG-37.

Angore
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
One less vessel for keeping Americans free. Good thing it has a replacement.

Fixed that ^

ezmoney1979
12-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Fixed that ^
Oh, I see they have you brainwashed too.................. nice going.

Angore
12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Something against the military ?

DasUberKraut
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Nothing wrong with the military at all.
I always walk up to a man or woman in uniform and shake their hand and thank them for their service.

It's the money grubbing douchebags that control the military that's the issue. Starting senseless wars over money and oil claiming they are fighting terrorism. That's the problem. We have plenty of oil under US soil that can sustain us but they refuse to use it.

Hate on us non warmongers all you want. We know we are in the right.

remsandpets
12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
If you don't like the military to keep YOUR way of life, try to live in a country that has government or dictatorship suppression. YOU BEST THANK A VETERAN like myself and the military, FOR YOUR FREEDOM! Without freedom's the military brings you would not have freedom to speak your dislikes and gripes of the government! MAN, YOU HIT A BAD NERVE!

DasUberKraut
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
We do live under government suppression. The government feels the need to control every aspect of people's lives. Where they absolutely no right to do so. They also don't adhere to the constitution or the bill of rights.

Like I said nothing wrong with the military. It's the tyrants that control the military.

remsandpets
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Then run for office and fix it! Enough said!

DasUberKraut
12-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Run for office? Hardly. I can't even survive.

hoosierlogger
12-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I think threads like this one is the reason there is not a politics and religion forum on this site.

Angore
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I think threads like this one is the reason there is not a politics and religion forum on this site.

Amen & i.b.t.l.

remsandpets
12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Yep, I agree. It was just a statement of things happening. Wishing I could have ridden my trike on the sand at Virginia beach. Now that would have been fun! (3 wheeler content inserted)

hinddee29
12-02-2012, 07:26 PM
That's good news. Didn't know it took that long to refuel.

You know I signed up because I wanted to defend the people of our nation at home or abroad. Then I realized that there where a lot of these haters that weren't man enough to defend our
nation in war/conflict, peace time. It floors me how big and bad these people are sitting behind a keyboard. Your welcome anyway...

ezmoney1979
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry we don't share the same views guys. And no rems, I won't be thanking you for anything. I will leave with this-

"Over grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty." -George Washington

"The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force." "Governments constantly choose between telling lies and fighting wars, with the end result always being the same. One will always lead to the other." -Thomas Jefferson

"I hope....that mankind will at length, as they call themselves responsible creatures, have the reason and sense enough to settle their differences without cutting throats..." -Benjamin Franklin

remsandpets
12-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Unfuel actually. 8 individual nuclear reactors will be taken out of her. Burried very deep in a very big and heavily armored war ship. After that she will actually be decommissioned but unsightly for any visual ceremony.

fabiodriven
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
That's good news. Didn't know it took that long to refuel.

You know I signed up because I wanted to defend the people of our nation at home or abroad. Then I realized that there where a lot of these haters that weren't man enough to defend our
nation in war/conflict, peace time. It floors me how big and bad these people are sitting behind a keyboard. Your welcome anyway...

To both of the vets that I see in this thread, nobody made you sign up. It was your choice. I'm all for thanking vets, but quit begging for it. You had a job to do and you did it. Congratul-friggin-ations.

You fought for free speech which EZ is exercising his right to do. If you're not for free speech then you shouldn't have fought for it.

hinddee29
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
To both of the vets that I see in this thread, nobody made you sign up. It was your choice. I'm all for thanking vets, but quit begging for it. You had a job to do and you did it. Congratul-friggin-ations.

You fought for free speech which EZ is exercising his right to do. If you're not for free speech then you shouldn't have fought for it.

Im not begging for anything I hate when people say that to me. Your right about the last part, one main reason I said screw it. What's the point anyway people only care for themselves. Just for the record this was a general statement I don't remember quoting anyone here until this post.

Slingblade
12-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I was in San Diego this summer, my brother in law is in the military so we were able to go on base and see 2 of the Nimitz class carriers. The USS Carl Vincent was in port for repairs, and while we were standing there by it,

the USS Nimitz strolled into the harbor and we watched while they "parked" it. It was awesome to me, I had never seen a carrier. Whatever you think of them, they are some more machines. 1,000 feet long, 100,000 tons

of steel gliding through the water powered by nuclear reactors that go 20 years without refueling.

I won't get into all the yah-yah, but I'll say this- If I were in a foreign country, say like Kuwait that had been invaded by Iraq, and I knew this thing was out in the Gulf loaded with jets carrying smart bombs and on my side, I

would feel a lot better about my situation. Yes, we fight too many wars and for some of the wrong reasons. We spend way too much money to have and maintain the strongest military in the world.

And I have the freedom to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about all of it without fear of reprocussions. And I sleep real good at night under this blanket of freedom, in this country, protected by that overpriced, corrupt military.

WisconsinJohn
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Lets take it one step further...religion or religious beliefs fuel every war.
I don't hate vets or military, hell it honestly provides jobs for manufacturing all the way to the guys out there doing it.
Doesn't make it right...but doesn't mean I have to be a voice for a dangerous job of choice...kinda the same view for a firefighter.
Thanks, that's all I can say. Don't expect much else from me. We all know the government that paid you will screw you, and it is sad. But I choose to not to work for the government...but thanks.

threewheelin-feelin
12-04-2012, 01:50 AM
I was at the inactivation ceremony where they took thr Big E out of service. It was a very moving service. The ship will spend the next several years getting defueled, and scrapped. The good news from the Secretary of the Navy is the next Ford class aircraft carrier (CVN-80) will hold the USS Enterprise name. The current Enterprise has served for 51 years. May the ship Gods welcome her into the fleet. Her flags are down, her lights are off and her nuclear reactors are being shut down for the last time. :(:(:(

did they do the decommissioning at the norfolk naval yard or the newport new shipbuilding? i work at the newport news shipbuilding and i know the ship is here to be taken apart. you also got to check out va beach? its nice in va beach but its even nicer on the obx of nc

remsandpets
12-04-2012, 05:47 AM
The carrier was just taken out of service. It wl be decommissioned after the powerplant is secured. I don't want this a political debate! It was just a statement of what I did over the weekend! I only made it to chesapeak bay by he hotel. Very nice weather for the ceremony. I grew up at the beach but the other coast.

threewheelin-feelin
12-05-2012, 12:29 AM
The carrier was just taken out of service. It wl be decommissioned after the powerplant is secured. I don't want this a political debate! It was just a statement of what I did over the weekend! I only made it to chesapeak bay by he hotel. Very nice weather for the ceremony. I grew up at the beach but the other coast.

oh i got ya what yard did they have the ceremony at?

remsandpets
12-05-2012, 05:31 AM
It was held on pier 12, Naval station Norfolk, VA.