PDA

View Full Version : honda 250es pics

Jfm0
12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Here are pics of our new 1986 Honda Big Red 250es. We did a complete service to it and replaced the gas lines. It runs and drives well and we've got a lot more cleaning to do but we're really happy with it. The only question we have is the front tire is real close to the shock boots and can we do anything about it short of putting a smaller tire on it? It's got a 25x12-9 on it now and has chewed up the shock boots already. I also noticed a front end wobble going down the road at higher speeds. Any ideas?

dustrunner
12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
welcome, yes you need to get that tire off the front before you ride it .. the tire will rub on the forks and wear a hole in them and then you have to buy new forks.... i hope it hasnt happened allready....good luck...

kb0nly
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
The wobble is usually due to an imbalance of air pressure in the rear tires, weird but true, its how i always knew one tire was getting low. Also check the bearings in the steering, i usually apply the front brakes and while seated on it i rock it back and forth to see how much play is in it.