PDA

View Full Version : $800 86 350X Southern IL

hogmuffin
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
He says its an 86 i'm not enough of an expert to tell from this pic...
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/3434598645.html

Big Mike
12-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Looks like an 86. The supertrapp is worth $150, the super scoops are another $50, looks like replacement front fender, rear fenders a bit busted up. Plastic tank is $200, If it runs pretty good, I would say its worth close to $800, make himan offer of $500 and see what he says. You're looking at about $300+ to do the top end over to fix the smoking issue,so use that as a bargaining chip.

dustrunner
12-04-2012, 06:19 PM
not that bad of a deal... wish i had it...

ezmoney1979
12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't know? I would have a hard time giving him half of what he is asking unless that front fender is OEM and in good shape, which by judging from the rest of the machine, it's not. I can see $1000 disapearing into it very easily and not even getting halfway done.

captainweezy
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
There is also an 85 for sale on st lu's craigs for 600 but it looks real rough.

Jon Boy
12-04-2012, 11:04 PM
dang, for around here sure been seeing a lot of 350x machines and parts lately. :wondering

3wheelerfan1991
12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
I would snatch that up. If it were in Canada that is!

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
12-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Not worth that notice the pile of oil sitting underneath it lol. The the muffler is not worth 150 unless your dieing to have one and when you try to remove it the bolts in the head will snap off just looking at how bad its rusted, can't tell what shape the headlights in, the super scoops look ok and MAYBE the front fender is too but i doubt it looking at the rest of it. Rear plastic is junk, tank is not worth even close to 200 it's all yellowed and nasty looking, swing arm and grab bar are covered in rust, says it needs new sprocket it also more than likely needs at least new bearings if not bearing carrier, the front forks are in need of a rebuild BAD, fork boots too, tires look pretty worn to but it's hard to tell on the rears and thats just what i can see in the one picture lol. All that being said it'd still try to buy it but then again I'm addicted to atc's lol. I'd say 400 and use the list of things wrong with it to bring him down. you will easily sink a grand into that and quickly wonder where it went haha

swampthang
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Here's another "diamond in the ruff" http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/3433132523.html Are we talkin CL prices or real world what they should be prices? What is a good everything works correct and is ready to ride 350x worth? Even with moderate cosmetic flaws being 100% mechanicaly sound I'd say around $1500 real world value. So if we use that as a base point on value to start from factor from there what the cost of repair would be for the machine if you did the work yourself. (Taking it to the shop is a great way to loose your ass on money)

Ok switch back to CL values. If you own something that resembles a 350x. Crap is cobbled up, been welded on, broke,missing and has parts from other non 350x's on it and if it runs runs like crap and smokes. There prolly going to still be asking $1500. hit them with the real world value of what they have and there $1500 retirement investment is now a $250 machine. I bet they wont sell it.

The point to my rambling is either your going to have to search for months to find the right deal, or pay to much for something your going to have to dump some cash into. But isn't the end result SWEET!!:beer

captainweezy
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
That is the one I was talking about swampthing.

swampthang
12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
That is the one I was talking about swampthing.

Anybody else wonder how they shut it off? Notice the lack of the switch on the handlebars.

honda200x1987
12-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Just grab the spark plug wire and yank it off! LOL , just kidding, I had a 1970's Yamaha 80 2 stroke without a kill switch. The freakin throttle stuck wide open one day and I reached down pulled the sparked wire off and when I did it shocked the S++T out of me and my arm flew back like I was riding a bull! I was young and stupid AND beleive me it hurt like hell! LOL Anyways.. I use to live in Rosiclare and I know who Josh is, I am sure he is not a member here but he would take a reasonable offer I am sure.
Anybody else wonder how they shut it off? Notice the lack of the switch on the handlebars.