PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching American Restoration with that ToteGoat looking thing?

tri again
12-06-2012, 01:42 AM
One front wheel and 2 rear wheels inline in the back.

The rear wheels have a conveyor belt looking thing around both tires
with bolts going through it for traction.

Somehow the rear is suspended so that the training wheels
come up out of the way when you sit down on it and add pressure to the rear driving wheels.

oooh, they just called it a 'pak trak'.
Let me see if I can see the name tag and get the spelling right

PAK TRAK is the logo with an oval around that name .
The oval kinda imitates the rubber track around the back 2 wheels.

M.Pargiello
12-06-2012, 08:01 AM
It looks very awkward to ride. I'd love to throw a leg over one though!

Didn't see the show, I have heard of it before

Jon Boy
12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
dang, missed it. for those of us that missed it, i believe this is it. :beer

tri-shee
12-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I like it! Cool ride !

coolpool
12-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Just when I thought I'd seen or heard of everything, I'd own one in a heart beat. I still haven't seen the A R show where they fixed up the US90 :-(

old-yellow
12-07-2012, 12:34 AM
here's the link to the episode http://www.history.com/shows/american-restoration/videos/american-restoration-call-the-count#american-restoration-call-the-count

kb0nly
12-08-2012, 12:07 AM
I was watching it with interest, looked homebrew but i guess not.. LOL... Awkward looking thing. Now if you put a ski on the front and added more traction to the track or replaced it with a section of snowmobile track it could be a lot of fun in the winter!

The US90 episode was funny... They spent a small fortune on a set of original dry rotted and cracked balloon tires and called it a perfect restoration. They should have just put some decent tires on it, the owner wanted to use it not just have it look and sit pretty in a museum. I doubt those tires will last long, in some of the shots i swear it looks like the front tire has a hole in it and a tube is showing through the gap in the tire.