PDA

View Full Version : trikefest

corey koemple
12-07-2012, 06:58 AM
So aaaa who hasn't been to trikefest? Im from buffalo ny and iv been to the 2007 one and 2011. Was the funnest time of my life. Ohhh and the 23 is my bday so its like I treat myself to a nice present

Jon Boy
12-07-2012, 01:51 PM
sadly i haven't been yet. been trying to get a buddy or two to go with me last 3yrs, but things never seem to fall into place. pretty embarassing since i'm only a few hours away. even been invited to ride along with a couple other members before, but i just like the idea of having someone i actually know there to share in the shenanigans.

shovelryder
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I may just take the whole family this year depending on the dates........I dont think there would be an issue of anyone not clicking instantly!

IKE-Z
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I went last year for the first time everybody was friendly! The biggest problem I had was findin a place to park/camp it seemed to be packed.

Jon Boy
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I may just take the whole family this year depending on the dates........

first weekend after fathers day every year sofar. :beer

RIDE-RED 250r
12-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I haven't been there yet but would like to make it out at some point.

Also want to hit Icefest too!

Jabcon
12-07-2012, 05:29 PM
As a newb to the world of 3 wheels I have not been privy to the amazing event that is Trikefest. This year will be different! Its only a two hour drive straight down my road. If they pass into law the legalization of off road vehicles on public roadways I can just ride the trike over lol.

corey koemple
12-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Nice to hear from yall. I broke my wrist last year so I never made,it. But it was very fun, me and my friends met and made lots of friends. So hope to c everyone this comeing year. Love that place!!!

Howdy
12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I never been there yet. Hope to make it in 2013 though. LMAO!!!!

To anyone that hasn't been there and don't want to go alone. I can assure you that if you go you will instantly find out just how many New friends you never knew you had ( unless you plan on being a D**K while your there ). It's like rolling back the time to 1985 ish. Trikes are every where!!!

IKE-Z, later on Thursday and early Friday is when it really starts filling up. Hint: Get there a day or 2 earlier. ;)
Howdy

thestud25
12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
sadly i haven't been yet. been trying to get a buddy or two to go with me last 3yrs, but things never seem to fall into place. pretty embarassing since i'm only a few hours away. even been invited to ride along with a couple other members before, but i just like the idea of having someone i actually know there to share in the shenanigans.

I will have a seat and a spot open on the trailer again this year. Start planning!

wisconsinite
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
i have yet to go. my son and i are hoping to make it for 2013, if i gots the cash and all the planets align properly lol.

Jon Boy
12-07-2012, 11:16 PM
...If they pass into law the legalization of off road vehicles on public roadways I can just ride the trike over lol.

as long as your state sticker is up to date you can ride all county roads in S.W. Ind down around here. surely it's the same up over there on the other side of the state?

stud: might just take you up on it this time, but a couple of my buddies have been talking about it more lately. will wait for a bit and see what happens. :lol:

gus
12-08-2012, 07:33 PM
i would love to go never been there but i live in F"n tucson so when my trikes can fly ill be there but other than that its about a 4 day drive

MIK6
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
i would love to go never been there but i live in F"n tucson so when my trikes can fly ill be there but other than that its about a 4 day drive
We have had guys fly in from az trailprotrailpro... i bring at least 5 trikes.. your more than welcome to 1 for the weekend.. Ask HAGEN he flys from germany, he was given a zinger last year, so this will be his 1st w his own trike, he never has to walk anywhere! Trikefest never has walkers! Kintores 1st year he was looking at my 87 T3, i asked his father how he liked the park, he told me they only brought trike for kintore,... he broght me back my prairie700 a few hours later! Lol

MIK6 Mike

big specht
12-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I never been there yet. Hope to make it in 2013 though. LMAO!!!!

To anyone that hasn't been there and don't want to go alone. I can assure you that if you go you will instantly find out just how many New friends you never knew you had ( unless you plan on being a D**K while your there ). It's like rolling back the time to 1985 ish. Trikes are every where!!!

IKE-Z, later on Thursday and early Friday is when it really starts filling up. Hint: Get there a day or 2 earlier. ;)
Howdy

Its the only place you will loose your 3wheelers in the crowd of other 3wheelers

loshe191
12-09-2012, 02:11 PM
2012 was my first time to trikefest on a freinds 85 250r.It was my first time back on a 3-wheeler since 1994. I have been on 4-wheelers
from 1994 and still own a couple. I now also have a 85 250R of my own again and will be back to trikefest again next year because I had
a blast and meet a lot of very nice people that love to ride 3-wheelers

Howdy
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Its the only place you will loose your 3wheelers in the crowd of other 3wheelers
Yea, no kidding. Years ago I loaned out a machine on Wed or Thursday. I honestly didn't see the machine again until Late Saturday night. Yep, it got some miles put on it. It was great!!!
Howdy

gus
12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
We have had guys fly in from az trailprotrailpro... i bring at least 5 trikes.. your more than welcome to 1 for the weekend.. Ask HAGEN he flys from germany, he was given a zinger last year, so this will be his 1st w his own trike, he never has to walk anywhere! Trikefest never has walkers! Kintores 1st year he was looking at my 87 T3, i asked his father how he liked the park, he told me they only brought trike for kintore,... he broght me back my prairie700 a few hours later! Lol

MIK6 Mike

I'm going to have to take that offer from you lol. I've never been to trikefest I heard its like camping out. if only I can take my R with me

MRSOUND
12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
i just like the idea of having someone i actually know there to share in the shenanigans.
I left for TF not ever even meeting anyone from the forum. I met up with blue27, bandito90, & cain(don't remember his board name) @ 3:30 in the morning to "convoy" the 10 hr drive. 2hrs into it I picked up 84t3 & 3queen. I had a case of beer for hoosierlogger (yeugling) that he couldn't get back home and bought parts off of howdy. So I met 7 people within just a few hrs. Those people met other people as did I and the introductions continued. Till the end of the wkd I couldn't even remeber all the names of the folks I met, but I'll never forget the experience!:beer As far as shenanigans go, well there are no shortage of those or folks willing to let you participate. 6ft bats hanging 20 ft in a tree? Seen it for myself (have pics to prove it:naughty:) It's a great time you won't regret or ever forget.

Howdy
12-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm going to have to take that offer from you lol. I've never been to trikefest I heard its like camping out. if only I can take my R with me

I normally have a spare or 4 with me as well. 2012 my trailer was loaded with 4 P3's, 1 86 125m, couple 70's, and a US90. 1 P3 never got unloaded out of the trailer, 2 70's and the US90 never got out of the truck. But 3 P3's got many miles on them.
Howdy

M.Pargiello
12-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I plan on being there this year. My first child will be born around the end of may so schedule may be tight. I will probably be by myself if my brother doesn't go, but I plan on dragging my 200X, P3, and TR200 with me. I'll drag my '74 Rotary valve KX with as well, providing it is done on time. Free fat cat and P3 rides to anyone who is interested in trying one!

gus
12-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Yea, no kidding. Years ago I loaned out a machine on Wed or Thursday. I honestly didn't see the machine again until Late Saturday night. Yep, it got some miles put on it. It was great!!!
Howdy
Your not scared of your machine not coming back?

Howdy
12-20-2012, 07:00 AM

It was borrowed by a well known board member. He had mentioned before he came that he needed a ride. I provided one and he rode it and many others as well. He and I had never done much talking until then, but afterwards we respected each other a lot more.
Hagen is another member I have tried to provide a extra ride for every year. He gets to pick what ever one he wants to ride. I would trust Hagen with a key to my house.
Howdy

shovelryder
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Howdy, ya sure make the site look like a great place to be.......Thanks for that. Hoping to make the fest.Looking at getting another sx for three total to bring my two oldest boys with.....But.......I found out yesterday Ill be in Sweden for 6 weeks in may/june.No exact dates yet, sure crossing our fingers!

fabiodriven
12-20-2012, 09:42 AM
I went last year for the first time everybody was friendly! The biggest problem I had was findin a place to park/camp it seemed to be packed.

Imagine getting there first, almost 2 days before any other trike enthusiasts? I would imagine that would look something like this- :D

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Trikefest%202012/Trikefest2012004.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Trikefest%202012/Trikefest2012003.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Trikefest%202012/Trikefest2012002.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Trikefest%202012/Trikefest2012001.jpg

At Trikefest, this wouldn't even be a question. I've been around for 33 years. I was in the army, went to high school obviously, had a tight knit community growing up. Never in my life have I seen a group of people like the people that go to Trikefest. There is no theft or even thoughts like that. There are trikes everywhere. You can walk up to anyone's camp you want and the only thing you'll have to worry about is full beers flying in your direction (out of hospitality) or maybe a burger or two. It is simply an exemplary crowd from top to bottom. Any bad blood doesn't exist once inside of Haspin. We're all family. If I ever came back to camp and one of my trikes were gone, I would know it would be back when the person who took it was done with it. That's just how it is.

MIK6
12-20-2012, 09:56 AM
The 1st year hagen came from germany, i shook his hand and handed him my 87 tecate, howdy handed him a 350X.. i didnt even have a 2nd trike w me, i got to ride holics spare some but i went to just hang w friends!
I remember the 1st TF, just a handful of us all camping together, i think we were around 25 of us total! Now were prob close to 300 w 800 or so trikes in the park! I havent misses one yet! AND i dont intend to! Ive meet guys i consider close friend at haspin acres. Got to love a good trike event!

MIK6/ Mike

atc300r
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I havent made it to a trikefest yet. I want to come to Trikefest 2013 . It depends on finances Im planning to attend Pine Lake (Ashtabula) flat track race 2013 And thats going to use alot of funds. My inlaws live in Hunnington Indiana and Princton ILL. Iv been there quite a few times nice area.Keeping fingers crossed to do both.

xRideRedx
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I want to go so bad!!!

xRideRedx
12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I plan on making the trip with my 350x, and if I get a 250r ill bring that too.

Tcat
12-25-2012, 09:08 PM
i have not been yet it is a long drive from colorado but i hope to make it some day would love to see what every one is up to

Billy Golightly
12-25-2012, 09:52 PM
For those of you that haven't been there before...Trikefest is an amazing experience. You may have to be willing to get out of your own personal comfort zone a bit, but I promise that you will have a lifetime worth of memories.

Howdy
12-25-2012, 09:55 PM
For those of you that haven't been there before...Trikefest is an amazing experience. You may have to be willing to get out of your own personal comfort zone a bit, but I promise that you will have a lifetime worth of memories.

I remember the year you came and froze your arse off!! It was the coldest TF to date.
Howdy

OTAlucard
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Me And my father should be going there this year all the way from florida

GreenBoy
12-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, can you confirm that TF 2013 is from 6-21-2013 to 6-23-2013 ? I need to book my flight way early, prices for flights almost doubled this year. Thanks
Hagen

Howdy
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, can you confirm that TF 2013 is from 6-21-2013 to 6-23-2013 ? I need to book my flight way early, prices for flights almost doubled this year. Thanks
Hagen

Hagen, I hope to be there on June 19-20th, 2013. I already put my Vacation time in Back in June 2012. So I will confirm those as Valid Dates.
Did you get my email a few weeks ago?
Howdy