PDA

View Full Version : honda big red for sale

dustrunner
12-08-2012, 10:05 AM
so this guy calls me and say he has a "big red" 4 sale . we talked and i ask him to send me a PICTURE.. guy says no i wont do that ??? wtf so i ask him a bunch of question about it and it sounds like a decent machine .. but im 2 hrs. away from it and decide to pass... two weeks later the guy has it on cl with a pic = of a 1985 atc 200s BIG RED. glad i stayed home.... wow :wondering

swampthang
12-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds like your average CL idiot. You did right by not going without seeing a picture. The last 4wheeler I looked at on CL the guy sent me a picture and it didn't look to bad. I drive over 2 hrs one way to look at it and he had swapped out alot of parts on it from the picture and increased his selling price from what he told me. He stole the battery out of it and when I asked if I could jump start it he said he didn't have any jumper cables ( the guy had derby cars all over his yard I know he had jumper cables) So I told him I would use mine sense I had some in my truck. When I turned the engine over it sounded like a nightmare. Always expect the worst on CL. They keep on amazing me.

dustrunner
12-08-2012, 02:00 PM
ya, im always afraid on a long haul = 2 years ago i spoke to a guy and was interested in a trike he had 4 sale.... so i drove 2 hrs. and when i got there he said he just sold it........... wtf........... he said he didnt think i was gonna show up........... WOW......