PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, dont hate me

honda200
12-05-2003, 10:15 PM
alrighty, went to local salvage yard today, loaded up the trike and was gone, lookin around, see nothin, an older Polaris 400 2 stroke 2x4, needs all new bearings, bushings, yadda yadda yadda, no good to me, i go in, ask about this arctic cat prowler, no good, needs big rebuild, ask bout couple other sleds, he says look around the side, couple sleds around there, well, i go look, and what do you know 2 late 80's early 90's yamaha SS 440's, i take a closer look, perfect condition except dont run, mint tracks, almost brand new, god skis, good tunnels, good seats and hoods, low miles! one sat for 4 years not running, other sat for 2, my guess, needs carb cleaned and some elctricle work, he says they are a package deal, 1500 bucks, im thinkin, ouch, then go show him my trike, he asks why I am gettin rid of a great looking machine (he actually said that) my dad answered that he was scared of me wipin out really bad, he says he will only give me 500 bucks for it?!?!?!?!?! i almost fell over, so, i come home with it, all steamed up bout the mockery, then i begin thinkin more bout the sleds, how i can keep the one, sell the other one, and give my 570 Exciter to my dad and call it even on the huge debt i owe him, he says he will go for it, then he says might as well get rid of my trike too, i dont want to fix it up anymore, if i want to i ca, plus i got a dirt bike engine complete except for carb and a chainsaw engine i dug outta the school scrap metal bin i needed to find a peice of metal, and i didnt have any money on me, nor none at my house) and say straight up on the dirt bike engine and both trikes, so, wish me luck, hopefully pickin them up tommorow if they go for that deal, plus i will make a little bit of cash for my pick up

Curtis

honda200
12-05-2003, 10:30 PM
well, here it is, bare bones, tradin my 200X my dads 175 tri moto and a dirt bike engine for 2 non running, but good condition sleds, still complicated?

I wasnt worried bout you jeswinehart, i was worried bout everyone else, lol

Curtis

nate b
12-07-2003, 08:29 PM
i dont think i would pay more than 300 bucks a piece for a non running sled. and for a running ss440 i wouldnt pay more than 600. a salvage yard is not the cheapest place to buy stuff. for 1500 bucks you can buy a hell of a sled or a 250r

honda200
12-07-2003, 10:13 PM
so far, nothin on the deal, guy would only give me 500 bucks for my 200X!!!!! what a rip off!!! i then phoned him to see how much he would give me for the tri moto and a couple of engines, 250 bucks!!!! OUCH! that would only buy one of them, so, i am going to wait a bit, and then a bit later, if they are still there then get them, i will have some cash then

Curtis