PDA

View Full Version : 300ex clutch kit fit a 85 250sx????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

bigmike8791
12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Just want to make sure it will fit before I buy it. Ive looked it up and from what ive seen they are the same kit. The kit for 300ex is cheaper in price. Let me know if anybody can verify this also.there are some kits on ebay that list 250sx/350x/300ex as being same kit and some listings say they only fit atc250sx??? let me know your input? Thx

briano
12-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Why don't you just get the kit that is listed for your application? If you get the cheaper kit and it's wrong then you have to pay to ship it back and get the right one anyway. Is it worth it in the long run?

bigmike8791
12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
well on denniskirk when I look up a clutch kit for 250sx if you click on fitment it lists all years 300ex. Same if I look up a kit for 300ex. Its says it will fit 250sx. Just trying to save some $. On ebay they dont have a tusk complete kit for 250sx and ive used that brand before and they work good. They list a outlaw racing kit for mine but never heard of it? Just want to go with a brand that Ive used before.

briano
12-09-2012, 02:44 PM
If they are the same part number, then they are the same. But the same part number should not have two different prices.
I'm dealing with something similar at work right now. A guy went to get a transmission pan for his 1985 Caddy off the interweb, the wrong one comes in. He goes and orders another one and guess what, wrong again. Now he has to pay to ship back two wrong parts from two different places, I can repair his tranny pan for less than he has in shipping.

Check out more than one source and see if the part numbers jive, if not just get the correct one and save the headache. Sometimes buying the more expensive but correct parts is cheaper in the long run.