PDA

View Full Version : Axle swaps

BulletBelt
12-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Hello finally got an awesome deal on a 86 250r. 1k and in great shape. Planning on some parts, doing research now. I want a wider axle, the tusk G force seems to be the way to go. They seem to be out of business or something, rocky mountain atv says no longer available for the banshee, and hard to find on ebay. I found several for the 400ex on ebay. So far I've been able to find out that they are the same except for the sprocket hub splines and maybe wheel hub splines. Well the tusk axle comes with a sprocket hub anyways. Been getting the run around. Gonna be asking you guys quite abit about my new trike. Will it work? I would like to keep my stock gold rims, they are in really good shape, will they fit 400ex hubs? Any info really appreciated.
Plan on fmf exhaust, ESR seems awesome, but the prices are not.
What reeds should I get, just the power reeds, or the whole vforce cage?
Im not going for all out power, just a pipe and breathing good. Any other mods that seem like a necessity?
Wish I had a pick to post, love this trike, wanted one for too long. Its in good shape, worst thing it has is the chain broke, and broke the bottom sprocket cover post off of the case. The case is ok no leaks just scratched. Bummed me out when I seen it, but Im still happy with it.

BulletBelt
12-13-2012, 01:21 AM
BUMP!!!! Can I get some tips here!

3wheelerkrazy85
12-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Try the RPM donimator Axel or lonestar that is adjustable ... The FMF fatty is a great all around pipe!! With my bikes and sleds I've always bought the Vforce reeds and cage they have a really crisp throttle response !
Good luck with your 86 I've wanted one for years and just bought a 85 myself!!

BulletBelt
12-14-2012, 03:16 AM
yeah them axles cool but twice the price. I got my bros 400ex rear end torn apart, and an 86 250r axle here, gonna bench compare and assemble them in a vice. them axles 400 bux, tusk 200 bux. I dont jump much, so im gonna figure it out. have to do everything the hard way lol. been nice to have some one be like " I got one of them in my 86 atc, bolted right up" I'm eye ballin my 350x, its got a twin row carrier and an old school durablue, bout to gank it. The x tho been real nice to me, hate to do it to her.

Mosh
12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
None of your 350x stuff will fit so forget about it.

All info I have recieved, says a 400ex axle will fit the 86 and up 250R's but you may have to fab a spacer some where. 400ex hubs will fit your 250r rims.
Personally,I dont trust cheap axles at all.