PDA

View Full Version : 1983 atc200e Pulling to the right?

Audio_Phill
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Runs like a top, but pulls to the right, any ideas?

Howdy
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the site. We hope you will enjoy it!!

Check the ar pressure in the rear tires. They should be the same ( 2-3 psi tubeless, and 3-5 psi with a tube ). If the tires are off even 1/2 psi from the other it will cause it to pull to the side with the lower pressure.

Other possible things:
One tire stretched from over inflation in the past.
Non matching tires on the rear,
Bent forks / triple tree,
bent frame / axle.

Howdy

Big G
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey Audio Phill,
I have two '83 ATC 200E's. They're great machines, except I miss not having reverse! Anyways, the only thing I could think of is that your rear axle is out of line. Is it possible that the chain tensioner is tightened on one side, and rear axle doesn't "slide" freely if the mounting bolts are seized and preventing the axle from moving forward/backward on one side, resulting in a slight twist. This would make the machine pull to one side. I don't know, just throwing it out there...

Swinger
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Im gonna say check your tire pressure first. Easiest and more than likely the culprit!!

UtilityCow
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
My same model does the same thing!
Please update if you find a solution. I have other things I have to fix before tackling this problem.

Audio_Phill
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I measured tires in height and pressure, one was (some how 11psi and the other 2.5) dropped pressure and that tire shrank to 23.5" vs close to 25" lol, replaced them with some fres bear claws and problem has nearly disappeared. I do relate it to uneven drag from tires not supplying the same ammount of drag... ugh...