PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with society!! So sad for these people!!

aldochina
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
these little puke fuckers need to be stopped!! bottom line!! I am so sick of hearing about all these sick pukes!! these people need to be skinned alive! My hearts break for the familys of these little ones in CT!! Really at a loss, only seeing blinding red anger at the moment!! sorry

tri again
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
CT ? you mean connecticut?

WTF did they do now?

There was just some mall attack near Portland, if that's the kinda thing you're referring to.

tri again
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Got it cnn

27 people mostly childre
newtown connecticut
elementary school

reminds me of that lady who left her gun in the car in Killean Texas
and watched her parents and quite a few other get shot up as she hid under the table
in a restaurant, defenseless.

Hate to say it but I think I'm gonna start exercising my ccw rights.

ONE person with a ccw could've ended it.

So sad and prayers out to all.

Ambulances told to leave is never a good sign. (eyewitness lady statement)

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

sp8twn
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I am very saddened to hear the news from Connecticut. As a parent you expect your children to come home from school.....it is a sad world.

jeffatc250r
12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Sickening. Id go on but theres no point. 20 dead kids wtf

Mosh
12-14-2012, 04:46 PM
It is a meaningless and horrible tragedy.

As much as it pains me to say it, we are gonna see more of this kind of pointless stuff at an exponential growing level. These are just the begining of sorrows for society.

At risk of turning this away from what it is, I have a theory there is a deeper agenda involved here at higher level as well. I don't think it is by sheer coincidence, that we are seeing more shootings pop up in the news, followed by staged protest's of gun control.

Sadly, if more people carried guns, these things may not happen at all, or at worse be stopped before they get this bad.
Honestly what is the point of a CCW permit if you can't take it in any public place?

Howdy
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I was standing in line to come home from work when I heard sketchy details about this tragety. When I got to the car I tuned in a news station and my heart sank. It's heart breaking at the bare minimum.

Mosh I'm with you on this 100%.

I had a longer reply typed up, but will save it for another day. This day belongs to Families of the victims. The shooters body should be tied behind a vehicle and dragged down the road until it is completely gone. arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Howdy

Big Mike
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
this is a very sad state of affairs we are in. This is a senseless killing and unfortunately we will never know why it happened because the pos who did this took the cowards way out. I am going to take my class on Monday to get my ccw permit and god damn right I am going to start carrying. its like been said above, this is only the beginning!!! I'm going to leave work tonight and go home and give my son a giant hug and thank god that this didn't happen to him.

My heart and thoughts go out to the parents of these little ones, this will be their worst holidays ever.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I really cannot put into words the sadness and anger I am feeling right now for those kids and thier families. I have 2 kids, 8 and 5 and this one hit me square between the eyes when I heard the news an hour ago.

Not to nit-pick you Aldo, but be careful as not to blame society for the evil perpetrated by one individual. That is the pathway to tyranny.

I hope that scum is burning in an especially hot level of hell right now!

That is all I have to say right now concerning this. :(

aldochina
12-14-2012, 05:52 PM
society certainly is a large part of the problem indeed!! look what we are forced to believe is right and wrong!! It is not coincidental in my opinion that alot of these tragedy's are committed by people under the age of 30!!

Lots of truth to the gun control statements!! twitter is ablaze as we speak!!

I know there are alot of members in the northeast, I pray none of you are personnaly affected by this tragedy!!

kb0nly
12-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Its stunning to come home flip on the tv and see this senseless tragedy....

To those thinking a ccw is the fix to this, you can't carry inside a school or most of other public or government buildings anyway, so you would have been inside unarmed the same as everyone else.

I think schools should start putting armed security on the grounds though, but not every school can afford that. And schools like this one that haven't had the violence problems don't screen for weapons when entering, so they become a target. Its sad but true...

swampthang
12-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I believe there's going to be a special place in heaven for these Angels. I also believe there a special place in hell for these kind of monsters. More and more of these suicide murderers just leads me to think the Zombie Apocalypse is for real. These drugged up shell of a people that are over populating society need to go. Everyone is so medicated these days,doped up and self sorrowfull that someone did them wrong, made fun of them, mommy and daddy didnt love me, fell on bad times, etc.. they go out and self destuct or take it out on others. Maybe I see it differently but it you got delt a crappy hand in life do something to change it. Its just history repeting someone was raped or abused then they go out and do the same to others. Why? Why not use your bad story to help others and break the cycle of evil. IDK Very sad I just wish someone could fix everything and get peoples head back on right and out of there asses.

briano
12-14-2012, 07:47 PM
This a a terrible tragedy, I can't imagine what those people are going through.

The teachers should be trained and allowed to carry a weapon for instances like this.

The rules about a law abiding citizen to carry a firearm should be a lot more lenient, in Michigan a person with a concealed pistol license is allowed to open carry a pistol in a lot of the so called pistol free zones for a concealed pistol. So technically you can legally open carry a pistol in a holster in a school, and many other places that you would think are off limits.

The piece of shat that did this should be hung up for everyone to see. I know he shot himself, but we need capital punishment in this country. Bring back the hangings and the firing squad for some of these other trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro nut jobs that are living in prison for the rest of their lives on our dime, bullets are cheap and so is rope.

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm glad you posted this Rory.

IDK what to say; This crap never happened when I was younger. Now it is worse than ever.

I PRAY that if anyone who had a child that they are OK.

WHYZEE, I hope your kids are home safe with you.....

Were doomed, Just end this world on the 21st and give us another chance. This world is an ABSOLUTE DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a terrible story.............Damn coward took his own life.

rjs89ia
12-14-2012, 09:20 PM
i dont know how i would go on as one of the parents who lost a little one, this close to christmas makes it that much worse. now instead of presents you have to plan a funeral for the one thing you put all your love and devotion into. for the shooter i hope hell is worse than WWII japanese torture.

hublake
12-14-2012, 09:30 PM
This a a terrible tragedy, I can't imagine what those people are going through.

The teachers should be trained and allowed to carry a weapon for instances like this.

The rules about a law abiding citizen to carry a firearm should be a lot more lenient, in Michigan a person with a concealed pistol license is allowed to open carry a pistol in a lot of the so called pistol free zones for a concealed pistol. So technically you can legally open carry a pistol in a holster in a school, and many other places that you would think are off limits.

The piece of shat that did this should be hung up for everyone to see. I know he shot himself, but we need capital punishment in this country. Bring back the hangings and the firing squad for some of these other trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro nut jobs that are living in prison for the rest of their lives on our dime, bullets are cheap and so is rope.

Michigan just passed a law and waiting for the governor to sign it that will allow concealed carry in schools and other public areas.

3Razors
12-14-2012, 09:51 PM
American doesn't have a gun problem, what America has is a NERD problem! You never see the highschool qb opening fire on society, these shootings it's always some outcast thats on the computer all day playing dungeons and dragons.

I've had a theory for awhile that nature hasn't taken its course in society for awhile and that the general population is breeding more stupid, weak, and mentally ill people as the years go on. These shootings happening so often make me wonder...

MRSOUND
12-14-2012, 10:03 PM
My heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones today. There can't be any worse feeling than losing a child. Unfortunately I had to live through 2 occasions yes 2 of being one of the parents leaving work to go to the school to hopefully pick up their child after a tragic event. While in elemetery school some psycho came in with a machetee and injured a couple of the teachers. Then while in middle school a student brought a gun to school and shot the principle then himself. Both times you can't imagine how you feel as a parent wondering if your gonna pick up your child or be approached by an emt when you get there. Not to take anything away from those who lost today there is nothing worse, but also remember the rest of the community who have lost that sense of security that their children are "safe" while at school. Sorry for the personal history lesson just stirs up emotions everytime I hear of these type of tragedies.

maxdallasfan
12-14-2012, 10:18 PM
20 years from now this country is gonna be..........

aldochina
12-14-2012, 10:43 PM
lots of good comments and ideas in here!! too bad none of you are politicians!! Sad guys, but society has voted, and they voted for all the wrong reasons!! I really like the idea of armed gaurds/police at ALL public schools! Principals ought to have concealed carry permits, and a firearm locked in their office! should be a requirement of the job! Not at all opposed to metal detectors at schools either!! the cost would be pennies to implement all of this, yet cost would be the major hurdle to overcome!! This as our government, local and federal just keep blowing through millions, and billions of dollars on bullshit science, foreign aid, imigration, and rediculous green tech!!(and mainly to line their pockets) Atleast decades ago the wackadoo's had the balls to target the people at the top, not their neighbors children!!

300rman
12-15-2012, 12:05 AM
The timing for all these gun-related killings is just TOO coincidental. We have the most anti-gun administration ever, UN gun "treaty" looming....

On a side note, isnt it amazing how the "no gun" sign and laws against firearms in schools prevented this tragedy?

Scootertrash
12-15-2012, 12:30 AM
You never see one of these type shootings at a gun show. I wonder why??

sweetip2000
12-15-2012, 12:37 AM
I like how "the news" never talks about Prozac or other psychotropic medication which causes suicide as a "side effect. Then they spin it and make it look like guns are the problem. If you have any $$ left I recommend you buy a shotgun. Its just a matter of time before our illegal alien Hershey Skum Marxist Dick Tater starts riots throughout the bankrupt corpooration called The USA. We have already been pushed off the cliff.

aldochina
12-15-2012, 01:10 AM
i can understand alot if i try to put myself in ones position, but i dont understand the innocent victims!! There is nothing in the world more innocent than a 5 yr old kid!! If you have one you know exactly what i mean! Makes this so much more heart wrenching for me!

CRAZY70MAN
12-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to those poor people. Unfortunately, you will never be able to fix the mind of someone who has lost touch with sanity and society. You can however and should implement every security measure at schools as you have said above. Makes one want to puke when you see the money from all of us taxpayers being thrown the F@#$ out the window on dumb shat!! They will claim it would be too expensive to have security at all schools. BS..... Have the National guard rotate the duties at schools. Let it be know to the crazy F@#$S that if you intend to try this stuff, you will die!! Without consequence...there will never be a change in society. Bottom line. God bless all those who have suffered a loss from this. Sad to say it but you know they are going to blame the weapons...........get ready America... Say a prayer for those folks tonight, I know I will........

Mosh
12-15-2012, 09:35 AM
It is pathetic as Americans to even have to consider "we need security in every public venue" anymore just to feel safe. We should not have to feel like prisoners in this country with armed gaurds at every turn. I also do not feel that having to pay to put police or guards in schools is a viable option either, as now you have another 50k a year job that every institution has to pay for, not to mention the union getting involved. These school systems are at a budget deficit already, and I sure as hell can't afford anymore taxes. Maybe they can take the money from the state lottery. That was supposed to help school funding anyway right?
If having armed gaurds in schools is something that has to be done, IMO the teachers (or a certain percentage in every school) should have to carry a CCW permit, and go through periodiotic security training in the 3 months a year they have off. It should be part of their pre employment requirements. Now I don't expect Mrs. Smith the 58 year old librarian to have to fill those needs, but certainly the Gym teachers, Prinicpals, even Janitors, are capable of helping with security. Honestly, to have to teach at a High School, especially in a rough side of town, I don't understand why there has not been some personal protection plans implemented already. IMO every teacher should at minimum be required to carry a taser at all times.

Now they "faculty" may argue "we need more money now, that we have to be trained security personel", but many will fail to understand, that they can be trained and prepared for it at their current salary, or become potential victims of violence at their current salary.

I strongly believe that if 90% of society " responsible citizens" had guns on them at all times, and the rest of these cowards knew that, they would think twice about shooting up these public areas. Even personal crimes would plummet in occurrence.

big specht
12-15-2012, 10:20 AM
I strongly believe that if 90% of society " responsible citizens" had guns on them at all times, and the rest of these cowards knew that, they would think twice about shooting up these public areas. Even personal crimes would plummet in occurrence.

I second that !! All these shottings are ammo for obama's gun control laws :crazy: If they band guns they should ban cars that makes as much sense !!!!

Howdy
12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree Rob. Something has to be done to stop these horific crimes. How ever Gun Control for law abiding people is not the answer.

I did hear this morning on the news: The punk that did this broke out a window to gain access to the lock on the door. The sound of the breaking glass brought the Principle out to see what was going on. It was then that the shooting started with the Principle being killed first.
This shows the school had been locked to prevent things like this.

I have always believed: Locks are to keep the honest people out. The crooks / lunatics will find away.
I also do know that no matter what safe guards are put into place it will be very hard to stop every crazy lunatic hell bent on doing something drastic.

I am sure we will lose more freedoms over this tragedy. All because of a crazy SOB.

One thing I have noticed in my life is that the Basic Family Structure has been crumbling. More people get divorced than stay together these days ( mine failed as well ). Marriages have become disposable. This messes Kids up drastically ( I have dealt with this personally, so I know first hand ). Some kids turn to drugs and some to violence. Some even turn to both.

Also, violent video games these days show the kids to shoot and kill without any remorse. I hate these video games, I won't buy them, play them, or support them in any way. But in all fairness and Freedom, I'm not pushing to ban them either. Now I do hear that a lot of the perpetrators of violent crime played violent video games. Is there a connection? I have no physical proof, but the pattern can seem convincing.

Howdy

Howdy
12-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I second that !! All these shottings are ammo for obama's gun control laws :crazy: If they band guns they should ban cars that makes as much sense !!!!

Watch oblamers speach from yesterday, and listen to what he says. Listen carefully!! His words tells me Gun control will be on his front burner. My gut tells me that it will be via the UN to work around our constitution.
Howdy

Scootertrash
12-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Firstly, My heart goes out to these parents and the families of the victims of this senseless tragedy. I can't even begin to emaginethe pain......

Part of society is to blame for these incidents. The part of society that feels that it's "unfair" to call someone mentally disturbed or tell them that they are for fear of violating their "rights". The part of society that wants to leave these types of people out on the streets because "they haven't done anything wrong.....yet." and "We put him/her on meds so they won't be a danger to themselves or others. (As long as they keep taking their meds)". The part of society where the families of these individuals don't make sure that they take their meds and properly monitor the individual, or push them off on society and let government agencies and the taxpayers deal with the problems.

Interestingly, this is the same part of society that wants to ban guns when these individuals perpetrate these crimes. This person did not acquire these guns legally, he stole them from his mothers house after he killed her ( the report I heard last night, we'll find out I'm sure.). My question is: Why did he have access to these weapons when his mother and brother knew he had "emotional issues"?

We've also undermined the natural social community/civil society formed by free association.
Now everyone is told that they can participate, no matter what, and the necessary and natural social pressure of exclusion is verbotten.
The result is a society where miscreants are 1) Encouraged to blame others for their shortcomings and 2) Feel justified in lashing out with impunity.

I also can't help but wonder what impact overmedication, specifically anti-depressants (SSRI's) may play in all these...Prior to 1990 or so, mass shootings were not all that common, they happened, but not with the same frequency we see them now. Since the SSRI's have become popular these shootings seem to have increased exponentially.

Apparently one of the newscasters on Fox this morning was saying how this guy was an expert shot because of all the video games he played. Unf'n believable. What a moron.

And to the politicians, media pundits and left leaning D-bags that climb on top of this tragedy to push a political agenda, you can rot in hell.

Scootertrash
12-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Mosh is 100% right in his post.

It's a shame our society has been so pussified as to be afraid of the tools of self defense.

Mosh
12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
One thing I have noticed in my life is that the Basic Family Structure has been crumbling. More people get divorced than stay together these days ( mine failed as well ). Marriages have become disposable. This messes Kids up drastically ( I have dealt with this personally, so I know first hand ). Some kids turn to drugs and some to violence. Some even turn to both.

Also, violent video games these days show the kids to shoot and kill without any remorse. I hate these video games, I won't buy them, play them, or support them in any way. But in all fairness and Freedom, I'm not pushing to ban them either. Now I do hear that a lot of the perpetrators of violent crime played violent video games. Is there a connection? I have no physical proof, but the pattern can seem convincing.

Howdy
The broken family thing is probably 90% of the problem. There is no pattern of correction in these latch key kids, and the parents basically become pawns in a game of who can be the coolest parent by letting corrections and punishments slide. I also blame a lot of this " there are no losers" or "entitlement" campaign that don't teach kids how to cope with defeat or loss, because everyone gets a trophy these days, even if you lose.

And yes the video games, even many shows on TV, and movies definately glorify these horrible events.
It is grossly ironic that the GOVT, calls for all kinds of regulations on smoking, drinking, and things of that nature, forcing the companies to finance "health" problems that may have been caused by drinking or smoking.
Now I too feel, regulation in most cases should not be meddled with by govt, with exception energies providers. Things like gas and natural resources and electric need to be regulated IMO to avoid gouging.

But if these political "tools" are going to fine and impose restrictions on alchol and tobacco companies, then maybe it is time these violent game and movie makers start having to pay penalties, that can be dispursed amongst victims of violent crimes like these shoot-ups..Talk to any 10-14 year old kid. They know more about models of guns and war tatics than any kid should. You asked them where they learn this stuff and most of it is from MW3 and shoot-up video games.

Hey Washington! If your going to be a Nazi to one campaign or group, then be consistent about it.

It's all sickeneing. People are up against the ropes, and just overall deflated, and stressed out, and many can't handle it.

swampthang
12-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I've had a theory for awhile that nature hasn't taken its course in society for awhile and that the general population is breeding more stupid, weak, and mentally ill people as the years go on. These shootings happening so often make me wonder...

I agree 100% I have thought this for years. Just look at the quality of people we have now days. Drugged up trashy worthless people bread at a amazing speed. The gov. helps these people live there lifestyle of filth. Don't believe me just use Craigslist, you will met them.

I seen a big sign awhile back infront of a store about bed bug spray. Until a year or so ago I thought that was something the old timers just told us about almost as if it didnt exist anymore. Well there back.

sledcrazyinCT
12-15-2012, 01:45 PM
The broken family thing is probably 90% of the problem. There is no pattern of correction in these latch key kids, and the parents basically become pawns in a game of who can be the coolest parent by letting corrections and punishments slide. I also blame a lot of this " there are no losers" or "entitlement" campaign that don't teach kids how to cope with defeat or loss, because everyone gets a trophy these days, even if you lose.

And yes the video games, even many shows on TV, and movies definately glorify these horrible events.

But if these political "tools" are going to fine and impose restrictions on alchol and tobacco companies, then maybe it is time these violent game and movie makers start having to pay penalties, that can be dispursed amongst victims of violent crimes like these shoot-ups..Talk to any 10-14 year old kid. They know more about models of guns and war tatics than any kid should. You asked them where they learn this stuff and most of it is from MW3 and shoot-up video games.

Hey Washington! If your going to be a Nazi to one campaign or group, then be consistent about it.

It's all sickening. People are up against the ropes, and just overall deflated, and stressed out, and many can't handle it.

First God bless the families and pray for their losses and for the healing of the survivors to begin. This is so tragic and still little facts remain as to the cause of this deranged event.

Mosh, Howdy, 3 razors, and others have mentioned in this thread many accurate facts leading America to the point we see our society at today.
I must say the one big thing I see different from growing up in the 70's and early 80's was the pushing of the envelope by movies with more violence and unrealistic scenes of 100s of rounds fired and the hero killing dozens and making it out alive. The news channels focusing mostly on the murders, rapes and robberies instead of all the great volunteers in the communities that change lives and inspire society to improve and help one another.

I for one find video games over the past ten years have tried to outdue each other in the blood and gore killing with each version of the game becoming more life like. The fact that they are just a kill em shoot em all experience you are in control of really is frightening if say this shooter or the Aurora massacre was one of many people 'addicted' to playing this crap before they lost touch with reality and start killing in real life

RIDE-RED 250r
12-15-2012, 07:26 PM
While I do agree to a point on violent movies and games we must be careful not to blame an inanimate object for the evil deeds of a person. That equates to blaming the tool chosen by the killer, in this case a firearm.

I very much do believe that the utmost parental discretion MUST be excersized when it comes to the consumption of violent games and movies by children. And therein it is evident, the lack of parenting and the failed family structure of todays generation.

Bottom line is, no matter what movies were watched, video games were played or what weapon was chosen by an evil person, the blame and responsibilty lies squarely at the feet of the perpetrator. Blaming it on video games and movies plays right into the "no-accountability" movement in our society. They are no more at fault than the weapon that was used.

And yes, after reading some of the discussion on society's part in all this I do believe that a segement of society does share some blame... the segment that wants to excuse away (if not reward) all failure, accountability, and wrong-doing. I would like to think that we outnumber them, but the political events of late have me very worried at this point.....

Howdy
12-15-2012, 08:47 PM
While I do agree to a point on violent movies and games we must be careful not to blame an inanimate object for the evil deeds of a person. That equates to blaming the tool chosen by the killer, in this case a firearm.

I very much do believe that the utmost parental discretion MUST be excersized when it comes to the consumption of violent games and movies by children. And therein it is evident, the lack of parenting and the failed family structure of todays generation.

As stated above:

I hate these video games, I won't buy them, play them, or support them in any way. But in all fairness and Freedom, I'm not pushing to ban them either.
My son plays some of these games. How ever I limit his playing time. He also knows that if he acts out in bad way during or after playing them the games are put away for a while ( 1+ weeks ) and that they might even get completely removed from the house permanitly. He knows I mean buisness and will follow through with it.

Change has to start at Home.

Also, Put optional prayer back into schools. Give the kids / teachers, ect the Freedom of choice here. They can pray to who they believe in or opt out of prayer if they want. If you don't want your kids in such an enviroment then Find a school that don't pray or home school them yourself.
This Nation was started on Christianity and wasn't doing too bad until the anti-Christianity types pushed it out of the schools. I don't demand you go pray, so stop demanding that I not be allowed to Pray when and where I want.
Howdy

whyzee
12-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm glad you posted this Rory.

IDK what to say; This crap never happened when I was younger. Now it is worse than ever.

I PRAY that if anyone who had a child that they are OK.

WHYZEE, I hope your kids are home safe with you.....

Were doomed, Just end this world on the 21st and give us another chance. This world is an ABSOLUTE DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a terrible story.............Damn coward took his own life.

Thanks for thinking of me DC. My family is ok. My two nieces go to school in Newtown. Ages 10 and 7. Both are safe, but obviously damaged. Really just dont know what to say about this..kinda still in shock. I have 3 young girls, thier school went into lockdown also. Then they heard the news. Trying to shield them from the television.
I heard the horrific details yesterday from a person who went in to help...wish I hadn't, it was worse than anyone could imagine. Life will never be the same for so so many people.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Well said Howdy, and agreed.

I knew what you meant. A true believer in liberty supports even that which he does not always agree with.. :beer

Whyzee, glad your family is OK. Prayers and warm regards to you and your community in this most difficult time..

tri again
12-16-2012, 01:29 AM

Bottom line is, no matter what movies were watched, video games were played or what weapon was chosen by an evil person, the blame and responsibilty lies squarely at the feet of the perpetrator. Blaming it on video games and movies plays right into the "no-accountability" movement in our society. They are no more at fault than the weapon that was used.

And yes, after reading some of the discussion on society's part in all this I do believe that a segement of society does share some blame... the segment that wants to excuse away (if not reward) all failure, accountability, and wrong-doing. I would like to think that we outnumber them, but the political events of late have me very worried at this point.....

We old timers grew up with the stooges but no one got their eyes poked.
Sylvester and tweety bird but no one got their heads mashed flat with a frying pan.
Road runner cartoons too but no one got killed with an acme piano at a free food trap.

Like whyzee said.
Virtually impossible to come close to comprehending.

bkm
12-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I have been sick to my stomach for the past two days. This isn't the greatest time of year for me right anyway and this just has me sick to where I can barely stand it. I am on midnights right now and found out about this at about 2pm on Friday. I rushed to the school and picked up my daughter just so I could hold her. How do you explain to a six year old why her daddy is squeezing her and crying like a baby, while she's confused as to why this is happening?

Then the media wants to give the details on how these babies were murdered. I know what a bullet does to a human skull, I've been up close and personal to enough gun shots to last me a life time. I/we don't need to know this and as far as I'm concerned it's irrelevant to the situation. How is knowing how horrific the scene was going to help with anything. Wait I know, because it furthers an agenda that is why.

This was a criminal act and by definition the criminal had zero regard for any laws including those pertaining to gun control. What we need is stricter people control, but god forbid a crazy persons rights be violated. We'll just sit on our hands and wait until the ticking time bomb explodes and then we'll Monday moring quarterback the hell out of it.

Then while at work last night an officer in need of aid call comes across the radio at about 2:18 am. A deputy about 45min south of me gets ambushed while helping EMS load an unconscious person into the back of an ambulance. Some whack job shot him once with a rifle. The poor trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro was dead before he hit the ground. He had been a deputy for two months and just graduated the academy. The suspect has prior feony wepons convictions and numerous probation violations. This deputy lost his life because of a failed justice system ie.) People Control

I don't remember any other point in my life where I have felt this helpless with no end in sight.

Scootertrash
12-16-2012, 07:33 AM
You know, the main question in all of the mass murders of innocents, let alone the ones involving children, is "Why?"

This was posted on another forum I frequent and was attributed to an actor, but no one can find verification that the actor said this, so I'll leave it as anonymous for now:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

The other problem I have is the media always calls them "shooters". These people aren't shooters, they're murderers and should be called such. Law abiding gun owners are "shooters". Shooting paper targets, pop cans, and balloons. But then that's what the media wants isn't it? Generalizations. Generalizations to make it appear that all "shooters" are to blame for these incidents instead of just the murderer, once again putting the responsibility onto others instead of the murderer, all to push an anti-gun agenda.

Mosh
12-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I am glad to hear your family is ok Whyzee.

Personally, aside from watching the news report Friday after work, I have not given these media clowns one more rating. Not to be taken the wrong way, I don't care about the details of how it happened, why, who's fault it was. They pay these anchors to debate rhetoric questions, that they will never get the whole answers from. It's done, It happened, very sad and sickeneing. I spent the whole day working in the shop..No TV, no internet.

Now what is going to be done to correct it? It can't be done in Washington..The repairment of this society needs to begin right here at home with each and everyone of us.

We need to mentor our kids, work through our differences with our wives and husbands instead of divorce. We need to quit pursuing our own selfish pleasures, that leaves family behind, and damages friendships and comeradery in the sake of gaining notoriety for our own glory. Be givers...Not takers. Quit trying to damage or downgrade others works out of jealousy, and greed.

SHUT OFF FACEBOOK. Get the hell off of there..Show your kids that social acceptance and media, is just one more damn time waisting fantasy, imposed and controlled by a government and internet think tank of idiots, that does not want us to THINK for ourselves. So, give them sheep another mind numbing, non productive, 3rd grade mentality venue, with no moderation, to waist time at..Dont fall into this crap. Avoid that "over internet" abomination cesspool, where wives and husbands and childeren can be preyed upon, and corrupted to cheat on spouses, and turn on parents and be put down, and ridiculed by keyboard warriors with no self confidence..I dont care if you took your dog out to pee and posted pics of it on facebook. I dont care you update your status with a pic of your dinner plate every 10 minutes. People like that...Their minds are locked in a constant state of fantasy. Their mind is so bored, from lack of intellectual excerise, that this is how it entertains itself ??? They can't help it, other than to help themselves, and shut that crap off !
Call me crazy for not being there and supporting it. I don't care. I don't have it..never will..I am too busy focused on real things, to dribble on that stuff, play video games and go to movies.. I know people talk crap about me on there..IDC cuz it's a damn fantasy world of mind numbing, non truth garbage.

Stay on your trike and atv forum and hunt forum..Things that pertain to your true friends and family..

Love your family, have respect for everyone around you no matter how much you disagree with them..You never know.... The next guy you put down, or steal an idea from, or make fun of, or try to discredit, may be the next ticking time bomb YOU set off. Be a nice guy..Don't be an asshole.
Open the Bible. Pray for the world to be healed. If you don't believe in that, then read some history. Educate yourselves in how we can move forward without making the same mistakes.

And lastly, lets all make a concsious effort to vote the right people and policies into place. Lobby to have things changed if you can. Don't sit back and get straight jacketed no more by facist new aged policies. Dont be a follower. Be a leader. Question things...all things... then question them again.

sledcrazyinCT
12-16-2012, 10:27 AM

I respectfully disagree that you can call an interactive video game that you can team up with others and play on the web is an inanimate object.

A gun, a shovel, a knife, a hammer are tools - they do not interact with humans unless we choose to use them.

These video games are a sick fantasy that can warp an undeveloped mind or 'teach' them that killing is acceptable or can occur without consequences.

Think about it why does the military use these realistic video games to train combat soldiers to fight, kill, and conquer?

atc007
12-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow,,,I've had my hands full lately and haven't been on here much,and here this is. We have literally quit watching tv. We don't do facebook etc. Chris, I'm so glad you're sort of ok. Sorry it was so close to home. Bryan ,hang in there friend. Lean on that wife and little one. Close the doors and enjoy them. I have no answers or suggestions. I will keep being the " bad guy Dad" saying what I mean,meaning WHAT I Say,,and enforcing the hell out of it. I lost My Dad a few weeks back,,,a Dad who handed me my ass more times than I can EVER remember. I was NOT beat or abused, I was disciplined. Whipped me with milker hoses and straps,and I could always tell you if he was wearing steel toes or not. Cuz they had been in my ass that week : )). I don't do much corporal punishment, 3?? slaps to the face in 11 years of parenting for BAD mouthing..,but I am damn strict . I miss,,,respect,,and THANK,My Dad for EVERY ass whooping he handed me. There is NO Gray area in my right and wrong. I hope I don't sound cocky,, I most certainly am NOT..Just proud that the school of hard knocks worked for me. Now that he is gone I see even clearer than before. That,and shooting 1st ,asking questions later is how I will continue on . Other than that? What a mess. My heart breaks for anyone involved in ANY of these messes. I 100% agree there is NO coincidence whatsoever our administration is behind ALL of this.

The simple point of this rant was.. ....Family,and discipline,real consequences for doing wrong.

bkm
12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
There is a mental illness epidemic in this country that society and the government chooses to ignore. Until we acknowledge this problem things like this will continue. The problem is and I see it every day, someone with a mental illness has to be so far gone in order to be taken seriously. We have people flagged at every address we go to that have a mental issue and until they commit a tragedy like this, there is nothing we can do. None of them have insurance and the hospital will only keep them for a few hours unless they admit that they want to hurt themselves or others in the presence of someone willing to sign a swore affidavit. Then its a max 96 hour evaluation, after that they are back out on the street.

tri again
12-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Wasn't there some talk about pres Reagan cutting programs
for mental health and letting these sick people fend for themselves?

atc007
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Some here won't remember Reagan lol.

whyzee
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, i haven't read this entire thread, but here is Morgan Freeman's comments about the shooting.
Also, thank you guys for thinking of me!
TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the k!ller's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the k!ller's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

*** edit above post *****
Seems this was a fake statement by Morgan Freeman.
figures ,

Well whoever said it was spot on!

RIDE-RED 250r
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I respectfully disagree that you can call an interactive video game that you can team up with others and play on the web is an inanimate object.

A gun, a shovel, a knife, a hammer are tools - they do not interact with humans unless we choose to use them.

These video games are a sick fantasy that can warp an undeveloped mind or 'teach' them that killing is acceptable or can occur without consequences.

Think about it why does the military use these realistic video games to train combat soldiers to fight, kill, and conquer?

Well, maybe "inanimate" was a poor choice of words on my part.

But in the end it is still just a game, fantasy, whatever you want to call it. The problem is that some people cannot keep fantasy, games, movies, etc seperate from reality. Is it the games, movies fault? I contend that it is not. What I am concerned about here is that blaming things like games, movies and firearms for the actions of evil and disturbed people can lead to censorship and loss of liberty. I don't agree with OWS but I support their right to lawful and peaceful assembly and free speech. Kind of the same thing if you take my meaning here....

But I understand and respect your position on this....

Dirtcrasher
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
^I agree, 100%.

Thank you for posting that!

atc007
12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Just turned on the tv to catch Survivor. Our president is starting his gun control right now. It's gonna get rough out there.. Buy up ammo now.

Scootertrash
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, i haven't read this entire thread, but here is Morgan Freeman's comments about the shooting. <snip>

Yea I posted it on page 3, but didn't attribute it to him since I couldn't find any verification.

Don't sell Mr. Freeman short because he is a movie star. One good idea doesn't make him perfect but.....:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEDxS5Q4W4

tri again
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I guess a good questions might be:

What has changed since this stuff started happening?
video violence? contaminated foods and medications?
Every kid gets a trophy? No one gets spanked?

They say a kid sees Thousands acts of violence beFore they see first grade.

Anyone remember buying anything you wanted from sears or other mail order?

Yet we didn't have the violence back then.

I wish I knew.

cochran
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
I have been teaching Kindergarten for four years and can't imagine this happening. I live 30 miles away from the Red Lake Reservation. There was a shooting at the school there in 2005 and I had friends teaching there. Unfortunately this is something that is becoming more prevelant.
I do agree that gun control has little to do with this. Mental health issues need to be the focus.

Howdy
12-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Just turned on the tv to catch Survivor. Our president is starting his gun control right now. It's gonna get rough out there.. Buy up ammo now.

Went to the story to buy ammo Saturday and they were about sold out of everything. The worker said they got a bunch of shells in and it was gone in a couple hours. Going to be going to a few places daily until I find some.
Howdy

CRAZY70MAN
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
As I said 3 days ago. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html The foot is in the door. These liars will use this sad tragedy to try and brainwash the rest of america to push their agenda. An agenda that they have had for a lon long time. Hold on to your hats ladies and gentleman......

JayBone
12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I feel for the families. It has to be one of the worst things ever to happen to a parent.

My other feeling is how in the world can an autistic kid drive, and operate as fast as he did then be able to take his own life?
Autisum doesn't work like that right?

All my ammo is on backorder.

tri again
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I feel for the families. It has to be one of the worst things ever to happen to a parent.

My other feeling is how in the world can an autistic kid drive, and operate as fast as he did then be able to take his own life?
Autisum doesn't work like that right?

All my ammo is on backorder.

Medical errors, doctors whoi don't listen, TONS of people getting the wrong medication and it's all confidential so very rare to have cross references.

The confidentiality is a joke.
If I call the hopsital to see if my wife (or kid) is there because she's 4 hrs late coming home and there's a huge storm?..they have to say, "welp? even if she was we can't tell you".

If medical records are as accurate as credit reports, there is no hope that I can see.

whyzee
12-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone who is thinking or wanting to buy a military assault type rifle better do so soon.
They will be banned in the near future. I know pistols are equally if not more so dangerous ( easier to conceal ), the assault rifle will be the first to go. You will even have Republicans voting for a ban. This is only the beginning. Get your pistol permits if you do not already have one , and stock up on your ammo. It will become nearly illegal to
This one is a no brainer guys. America has changed forever after this shooting. Most of the political gun advocates are older, stable, and were just plain brought up differently than the new youth of America, and that has them and myself questioning the availability of these weapons to future generations. It's plain frightening. There are a million ways to debate this, but the handwriting is on the wall and everyone in Washington is reading it. It' s over.
If you don't already own one chances are you never will.

They will never be able to stop violence , but it will be an effort to try and slow things down and give the police a chance to respond before clip after cilp is unloaded.

BKM, as an officer, what is your honest opinion?

Scootertrash
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
"Assault" rifles are not available to the general public. A true assault rifle is capable of fully automatic fire, i.e. more than one shot with one pull of the trigger. Gun grabbers on both sides, liberals/Democrats are the worst at wanting to take away our guns, whatever, have adopted this term to make semi automatic weapons sound more dangerous. As gun owners we should stop using these terms since they are an incorrect description. Don't help the other side.

If you want to get really technical, There is no such thing as an "assault" rifle. Assault is a physical act. A rifle cannot assault anyone or anything unless it has someone controlling the rifle.

We need everyone and everything we can get on our side, we already have the president and the media against us.

Write your Senators and Congress people and tell them what you think. You can find their info here: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Or here, State Representative finder:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Or here, Senator finder:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

I am going to start a stand alone thread for the gun control issue related to this tragedy. I have some rough draft letters that you can edit to fit your individual taste.

As Far as buying AR15 type rifles: The prices shot up around election time. Stripped lowers and parts kits are already out of stock and ammo is getting harder and harder to get already. Good luck in your search. ;)

whyzee
12-17-2012, 07:33 PM
I am using the term "assault" rifle as the politicians are. This will include mini -30 ..SKS, AR knockoffs etc. Its been awhile since i bought one but as far as I know you can still buy them.