PDA

View Full Version : banshee vs rd350

Jcormode
12-14-2012, 05:05 PM
hey guys my banshee has a electrex inner rotor race stator/flywheel with no lights which is a bit crap because when the snow comes were out all night on our toys and I wont be able to see jack...
so ive two choises first being strapp a cheap torch to the front for it to fall off and smash lol or buy another ignition (standard) with lighting coil.

my question is does the rd350 loom still work the banshee? Im guessing it will but im not 100%, reason being is ive found one for good money and im on the verge of buying it.
ive asked on here instead of banshee hq for the simple reason that ive just been doing some searching on there and came across what can only be described as carnage!!! I don't think there moderators are up to scratch with the amount of swearing on there. anyway where was I.
also carbs???
any help will be gratefull
cheers

Vealmonkey
12-14-2012, 10:41 PM
An RD350 has points ignition and I believe the banshee is electronic. Banshee is watercooled as well, I believe, and I'm sure the ignition curve with electronic and radiators would be quite different than an rd350. Best of luck though with your quest.

bansheekx
12-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Since you don't have a lighting circuit i would just run led lights with a battery. Here is a link to a thread on E2S about it.

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/45474-testing-some-leds-for-the-shee?highlight=lights

Chazz of Blades
12-16-2012, 04:46 AM
What you need to be looking at is the actual father of the Banshee, the RZ350.

SWIGIN
12-16-2012, 11:52 AM
What you need to be looking at is the actual father of the Banshee, the RZ350.

And the RD was the father of the RZ but I see what your getting at.

Vealmonkey
12-16-2012, 02:17 PM
And the R5 was the father of the RD! LOL Looking at the RZ would probably be your best bet since they are both liquid cooled and such. Great suggestion, by the way.

Jcormode
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Well I took the plunge and join bansheehq and it wasn't as bad as I thort ha. I've now been told that rd's had a smaller crank spindle so the flywheel won't fit on a banshee. So think I've got to keep looking for a banshee one or like you've said RZ? Got some 34mm pj's off a kid in states on bhq for cheep so there was definetly an up side so far for joining those Nutters lol.
Cheers guy and if anyone has an ignition let me know.
J