PDA

View Full Version : 200e no go

racer17j
12-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Had a guy bring me a 200e to work on the other day.You can put it into gear and it does nothing. no noises,or anything and if you lift the rear tires they will roll slowly but it does nothing if there is weight on it.I also noticed if you put it in gear not running it rolls just like its not in gear.before i dig into this thing just look'n for advise on where to start? rear end, drive shaft, tranny or clutch

The Thing
12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
you could try the secondary clutch adjuster on the right first if that dosent work it might be the primary clutch or some thing on the shifter rod and i beond that i have no idea how to fix the clutchs or the shifter rod i just no whats in there from taking apart a trashed engine to see whats in there :p

Howdy
12-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Cutch or sub tranny would be the things I check out first.
Howdy

tri again
12-16-2012, 01:39 AM
what model and year again?

I've had the sub trans slip in between gears and it will go no where,
if that's what model it is.

service manual

?

ps - just a joke to lighten the mood.
no go?

Honestly that's why they couldn't sell the chevy nova in Mexico.
You'd think the marketing people whould've checked that.

sammiefish
12-16-2012, 08:46 AM
what model and year again?

I've had the sub trans slip in between gears and it will go no where,
if that's what model it is.

service manual

?

ps - just a joke to lighten the mood.
no go?

Honestly that's why they couldn't sell the chevy nova in Mexico.
You'd think the marketing people whould've checked that.

I'm not understanding what you've said...

kb0nly
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I think he meant the sub trans, hi/low, they sometimes jump inbetween gears and so are in a false neutral. But he said lifting the rear end the tires will turn, but putting a load on them they won't, so i suspect its the clutch. Try adjusting it first, if that doesn't work then its time to tear into the right side and replace parts.