PDA

View Full Version : custum build question

knny
12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
This may have been covered already if it has my apologies. I have type numerous keywords in the search with no luck. my question is simply a can it or can it not be done. I found a atv scrap yard near my house and my question is can I take a utility quad rear end with a solid rear axel with a bigger bore engine (like a 2wd grizzly) and some how match it to a 3 wheeler front end. I dont see how it wouldn't work just kinda wondering what kind of problems could arise. im wanting to build something that could accommodate a bigger tire set up and not kill the engine. I seen where people have transformed sport quads but that's not what im looking for. not looking to get trashed im just simply looking for a little direction thanks.

briano
12-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Anything CAN be done, the bigger question is can YOU do it. Do you have any type of fab skills? Why not get a 250es and put a lift and tires on it, then you could do a bigger engine swap. My buddy has a Big Red with 32" Silverbacks on it with a TRX 300 motor with a big bore kit and some other hop up goodies. It is quite impressive.

KI4UJO
12-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Look up Tionesta Trikes, it can be done. It really comes down to if you can do it, as said above.

knny
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM
ok thanks for the info. my main concern was gearing with bigger tires like u said with the silverbacks. And mostly part supplies because I was in the Honda shop the other day and I walk in to talk to one of the mechanics in the back that was tinkering with a big red. I asked him and he kinda just laughed and said they are getting more and more rare to find donno how true but that's what I was told. so that brought up my question of marrying the two somehow. but yes im pretty confident in my abilities to do the fabricating now its just the hunt. thanks again for the info and link.