PDA

View Full Version : How did primitive cavemen cut and move 1000+ ton blocks??

tri again
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Under the weather today so kept dozing off with the history channel on.

Gobleki Tepe in Ethiopia was carved straight down into bedrock, where they carved buildings with rooms.

Puma Punku in Bolivia has granite and harder rock cut to microscopic precision.

The internal cuts are especially amazing.

How do you cut down into a rock and make perfect square corners with a copper chisel and rock hammer, and do thousands of cuts all perfectly?

and then, move 1000+ ton blocks 600 miles and raise them up onto other rocks.

The rocks in Machu Pichu look like the were melted into place.
Can't get a razor blade between them.

Better go.
Power just kicked off.

Scootertrash
12-17-2012, 08:29 AM
All I can offer at this time of the morning is this:

rjs89ia
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
you could probably do a lot of things you didn't know you could do if you had somebody hitting you with a whip.

M.Pargiello
12-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Someone beat me to the aliens answer

DasUberKraut
12-17-2012, 10:44 AM
He says they were primitive. Lol. I beg to differ. They were far more advanced than we are. Just because they didn't use cranes and haulers doesn't make them primitive. They used logs to move heavy stone blocks and sheer manpower and teamwork. Teamwork is something few people know about

bkm
12-17-2012, 11:33 AM
He says they were primitive. Lol. I beg to differ. They were far more advanced than we are. Just because they didn't use cranes and haulers doesn't make them primitive. They used logs to move heavy stone blocks and sheer manpower and teamwork. Teamwork is something few people know aboutBy teamwork do you mean slave labor? There wasn't one Swinging D!ck worker busting his balls like that for no team.lol

kb0nly
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I agree, we don't see the level of teamwork they had back then, sure sometimes it was more of a matter of forced labor, but you put a couple hundred or even thousand people on a task and it will get done. Now days you can't get that level of work because of two reasons, one nobody has that level of skill and two labor is expensive... LOL

And those aliens must have been slave drivers.... LOL

El Camexican
12-17-2012, 11:42 AM
All I can offer at this time of the morning is this:

Laugh all you want, but I love that show and his hair tells us that he is a direct decedent of Don King which offers unequivocally proof that he has alien DNA!

fabiodriven
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Any of you all who think that primitive man was capable of doing things that cannot be replicated with the current technology we have today should do a little more thinking.

I don't care how many slaves you have and how many times you whip them, science today still cannot explain how many of the ancient structures we see today were built. That is fact. For those of you who still believe what your second grade textbook said about logs, whips, and harnesses, I suggest you update your education in this area.

tri again
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
update:
Caution advised in the interpretation.

It was assumed that the pyramids in Giza were slave labor, but recently
they found grain bins and huge stone vats that were apparently used to make..
ready?....
Vast amounts of Beer!
Talk about a work party.
You want us to do what???
Ok, grab the other end.

(doesn't seem to work with my friends, however)

maxdallasfan
12-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I love that show!

ctk
12-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Any of you all who think that primitive man was capable of doing things that cannot be replicated with the current technology we have today should do a little more thinking.

I don't care how many slaves you have and how many times you whip them, science today still cannot explain how many of the ancient structures we see today were built. That is fact. For those of you who still believe what your second grade textbook said about logs, whips, and harnesses, I suggest you update your education in this area.

what I was gonna say.

beets442
12-19-2012, 01:18 AM
I move heavy objects for a living,from 500lbs. to 1000tons. and have seen some pretty slick tricks over the years. There are people with these skills and I know a couple of them,most didnt go to college and one cant even read.I cant tell you how they do things cause these skills were handed down to me. When these people die a lot of knowledge will be lost.
About twenty years ago we were changing railroad track and the replacement rail 470lbsX39ft that came off the train car was bent like hell. We dropped the rail on the ground and it wouldnt fit, 6 large men wrestled that rail for a halfhour with pry bars and got it close but still bent like hell. We went to break and a lady(120lbs) we had for a boss stopped by. When we got back from break(15min) the rail was mostly in and straight,no equipment,only prybars and sledgehammers,she was the daughter of the guy that couldnt read.

tri again
12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I move heavy objects for a living,from 500lbs. to 1000tons. and have seen some pretty slick tricks over the years. There are people with these skills and I know a couple of them,most didnt go to college and one cant even read.I cant tell you how they do things cause these skills were handed down to me. When these people die a lot of knowledge will be lost.
About twenty years ago we were changing railroad track and the replacement rail 470lbsX39ft that came off the train car was bent like hell. We dropped the rail on the ground and it wouldnt fit, 6 large men wrestled that rail for a halfhour with pry bars and got it close but still bent like hell. We went to break and a lady(120lbs) we had for a boss stopped by. When we got back from break(15min) the rail was mostly in and straight,no equipment,only prybars and sledgehammers,she was the daughter of the guy that couldnt read.

Sounds like the 100 pound guy from Latvia that built Coral Castle in Homestead Florida.
No heavy equipment and no one saw or heard anything.

Fascinating.
Love these stories.

Some say the Mayans didn't have the wheel. (!!)
Maybe it's 'cause they didn't need them.