PDA

View Full Version : the end of the world!

gus
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
As some of you may now the Mayan calendar Ends December 22 2012 supposedly That's the end of the world. Just wanted to see what you guys think of this Stuff and the show doomsdays prepper it just makes me think sometimes lol

RIDE-RED 250r
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
It's my opinion that the world as we know it will in fact end but no man knows when that will be. It could be in 5 minutes, it could be tomorrow, it could be friday or it could be eons from now...

No point in worrying about it in my opinion..

sp8twn
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
No worries Here Gus!!!! As long as they dont cancel trikefest!!!LOL!!!:beer

Dirtcrasher
12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Society is a disaster. We could start off as fish and evolve back into humans faster than we could fix this world as it is.......

Let it end, however, I am certainly gonna hit my track and trails before that date!

kb0nly
12-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Its a bunch of hooey... But if i am wrong and the world does end come by for a free beer...

swampthang
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
End of the world again? What is it this time y2k?

Thorpe
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
End of the world again? What is it this time y2k?

Ah yes... Y2k... Had a heck of a keg party for that one... Kicker was my buddy threw the main breaker on the house at midnight! Hilarious...

badass350x
12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Get ready Gus the 22nd is it,, get out there and ride your ass off!! Haha lmfao...
O and I thought it was the 21st???

jays375
12-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I plan on going to the bank and withdraw all my savings.Then go to the strip club and blow it all on the dancing girls!

riverrat
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Being 47, I have lived through several "end of the worlds". Just a guess, but it won't end this time either. I will live my life like it will end tomorrow, and like it will end 1,000 years from now.

maxdallasfan
12-17-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll be sure to have my boots on

gus
12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Get ready Gus the 22nd is it,, get out there and ride your ass off!! Haha lmfao...
O and I thought it was the 21st???

Maybe it is the 21 lol? But I did ride today just about froze my ass off and all the nerves in my face

gus
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
No worries Here Gus!!!! As long as they dont cancel trikefest!!!LOL!!!:beer

Hahaha wish I could attend trikefest before I die lol

ebaccm26
12-17-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_Gc1bF8ds

Scootertrash
12-17-2012, 11:07 PM
But I did ride today just about froze my ass off and all the nerves in my face

In Arizona?

Bryan Raffa
12-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Just Remember ,,, after the the High of 1,779 and the low of 1,499 this weekend..... and the dust hits the sky.....Expect a ICE AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAMAHONDAMAN

gus
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
In Arizona?

Yup Tucson has weird azz weather last 2 Fridays ago it was in the 80's this week its the 50's and this Friday they said it would be in the 70's lol

tri again
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm confused when a storm is coming, stores sell out of flashlights and water and generators and food and stuff.

Aren't we supposed to pe prepared all the time?

I just keep a few bags of rice, all fuel tanks full (keeps 'em from rusting)
chainsaw should always be ready and not left empty, that kinda thing.

Just rules of the farm in case we get snowed in or flooded out or whatever.

Most people (gf included) are just so used to going to the store, she'll drive past the store at Least 2x a day and then comes home and goes back out to the store for whatever.

I DO find it interesting that a few different cultures, separated by continents, have the same philosophy.
Hopi indians, Mayans, i-ching.

The only thing that makes me listen to the mayans is back in the 90's, an asteroid came closer than the moon.
(also happened a couple days ago)
Nasa saw it coming on Sunday and it passed by at 140,000 miles on Tuesday.
Maybe that was IT and we missed it.

check out nasa.gov for confirmation.

Anyway, nasa never saw the first one but it was predicted by the minute by the Mayans.

kb0nly
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I saw that go by on the news ticker, the asteroid, they were calling it a bullet burn cause it was so close in astronomical terms. The news anchor was hopped up like he was on crack... Whatever. So much crap floats by us on a daily basis that we don't even know about, and it doesnt take a big one to ruin your century.

Old farmer mentality here too... We just had the first blizzard of the season last week, i stopped by the store which is only four blocks away because other than milk i was good on everything. The store was a MADHOUSE, people dashing around like chickens with their heads cut off. I mean really people don't you keep anything stocked up? I have loaves of bread and sandwhich meat in the freezer, if i had to i could live off ham sandwhiches for a month, not that i want to but if i had to i would have something to eat. Along with the rest of the freezer and cupboards being full of food. I have three kids and we seldom run out of stuff that we need to shop every week, the only thing i keep fresh is milk and eggs, i buy them at least every week.

Hmm... Maybe i should buy a cow and a chicken before the yard pie hits the fan...

gus
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
A lot of people are scared I was watching something on msnbc and people are talking about killing themselves and there family's just cause there so scared of the date predicted

RIDE-RED 250r
12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
A lot of people are scared I was watching something on msnbc and people are talking about killing themselves and there family's just cause there so scared of the date predicted

Now that right there is the epitome of idiocy!

tri again
12-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Remember the 'war of the worlds' radio broadcast on Holloween back in the 40's (or whenever)?
It was a spoof that we were being invaded from outer space.
Same thing happened.

Maybe that's why they don't tell us everything.

tri again
12-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I saw that go by on the news ticker, the asteroid, they were calling it a bullet burn cause it was so close in astronomical terms. The news anchor was hopped up like he was on crack... Whatever. So much crap floats by us on a daily basis that we don't even know about, and it doesnt take a big one to ruin your century.

Old farmer mentality here too... We just had the first blizzard of the season last week, i stopped by the store which is only four blocks away because other than milk i was good on everything. The store was a MADHOUSE, people dashing around like chickens with their heads cut off. I mean really people don't you keep anything stocked up? I have loaves of bread and sandwhich meat in the freezer, if i had to i could live off ham sandwhiches for a month, not that i want to but if i had to i would have something to eat. Along with the rest of the freezer and cupboards being full of food. I have three kids and we seldom run out of stuff that we need to shop every week, the only thing i keep fresh is milk and eggs, i buy them at least every week.

Hmm... Maybe i should buy a cow and a chicken before the yard pie hits the fan...

Most larger towns have restaurant supply places.
25 lb bags of rice is like 12 bucks...stuff like that.
Dried beans are cheap too and all you have to do is soak them.
Dried veggies are my fav but hard to find for some reason and powdered eggs are almost impossible to find. Powdered milk isn't cheap.
I got some 2 lb bags of frozen veggies and just pour them in a frying pan on the woodstove.
They dry out real nice. Cheap too. I'm now trying to dry potatos somehow.

Not freaking out but more of a symptom of too much free time.

We lost power for 7 days once and it got me thinking.
Needed CASH to buy anything since the store computers were down.
I put some water tanks around my wood stove so I have probably 150 gallons of hot water
between 100 and 130 degrees with the smallest of fires.
They also hold the heat if the fire ever goes out.

Yupp, definitely too much free time.
They always said I could have another childhood.
It's like building forts and tree houses when we were kids.

kb0nly
12-19-2012, 06:53 PM
LOL... Well being prepared for the worst isn't crazy, and you never know when something like a power outage will happen. I found a product thats good for eggs and its not powdered, they take eggs and mix them up and then pasturize them and put them in sealed plastic bags. They can be frozen for years, almost infinite shelf life. To cook them all you have to do is get a pot of water boiling and toss in the bag, once its fully cooked you pull the bag out and cut the top end off and dump it out and chop it up, instant real scrambled eggs and one bag is enough for a family to eat off of.

My neighbors used to think i was a bit goofy having a generator and exercising it monthly until we got hit by a tornado last July and no power for three days, i had my generator and was the only house with lights on. Plenty of food to cook and eat.. And plenty of gas for the chainsaws to dig out. It sucked but i lived pretty comfortable.

riverrat
12-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Here ya go, check this out......RAFFA CHeCK YOUR F"N MESSAGES :)

http://rt.com/news/chinese-noah-arc-apocalypse-809/

gus
12-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Most larger towns have restaurant supply places.
25 lb bags of rice is like 12 bucks...stuff like that.
Dried beans are cheap too and all you have to do is soak them.
Dried veggies are my fav but hard to find for some reason and powdered eggs are almost impossible to find. Powdered milk isn't cheap.
I got some 2 lb bags of frozen veggies and just pour them in a frying pan on the woodstove.
They dry out real nice. Cheap too. I'm now trying to dry potatos somehow.

Not freaking out but more of a symptom of too much free time.

We lost power for 7 days once and it got me thinking.
Needed CASH to buy anything since the store computers were down.
I put some water tanks around my wood stove so I have probably 150 gallons of hot water
between 100 and 130 degrees with the smallest of fires.
They also hold the heat if the fire ever goes out.

Yupp, definitely too much free time.
They always said I could have another childhood.
It's like building forts and tree houses when we were kids.

Ya people are coming out with something called food insurance its basically a bundle of food for a fee like a year long bundle of dried food is about 2500 dollars or something like that i've also seen this on MSNBC. well tomorrow is the 21 so let's see what happens lol.

gus
12-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Here ya go, check this out......RAFFA CHeCK YOUR F"N MESSAGES :)

http://rt.com/news/chinese-noah-arc-apocalypse-809/

Now that's crazy His hole life savings that's going to be a big bummer if the world doesn't end lol

kb0nly
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Is the world ending yet? I would like to sleep in if i can... LOL

tri again
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
LOL... Well being prepared for the worst isn't crazy, and you never know when something like a power outage will happen. I found a product thats good for eggs and its not powdered, they take eggs and mix them up and then pasturize them and put them in sealed plastic bags. They can be frozen for years, almost infinite shelf life. To cook them all you have to do is get a pot of water boiling and toss in the bag, once its fully cooked you pull the bag out and cut the top end off and dump it out and chop it up, instant real scrambled eggs and one bag is enough for a family to eat off of.

My neighbors used to think i was a bit goofy having a generator and exercising it monthly until we got hit by a tornado last July and no power for three days, i had my generator and was the only house with lights on. Plenty of food to cook and eat.. And plenty of gas for the chainsaws to dig out. It sucked but i lived pretty comfortable.

Sure is nice to keep the fridge running and 220 for the well punp.
I heard that the small 2 stroke generator at H Freight at 800 watts may be enough to run a fridge.
They were on sale last week for under 100$.

just ben
12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
this is it guys! I'm gonna go stock up on beer and hide in the garage :lol:

kb0nly
12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Those little HF gensets are just barely enough to run a larger fridge but it will run them. Noisy little buggers though, you can hear them running from blocks away i swear.

Well its the 21st, what time does the world end today, i want to plan appropriately... LOL

badass350x
12-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Gus did you get hit at your place???? Dam, everything is good at mine.... you didn't smoke your motor on your last ride did ya???? Lmao...

KI4UJO
12-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Well, I'm still waiting. If it was my last ride, it was a good one.

kb0nly
12-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I pushed some snow around with my BR today, tarped it off, gave it a hug, told it i will see you in the beyond... Damn the world didnt end, now i look silly.

gus
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Gus did you get hit at your place???? Dam, everything is good at mine.... you didn't smoke your motor on your last ride did ya???? Lmao...

Hahaha ok so the work hasn't ended. BUT. NASA is predicting that there will be no sun for 3 days I was reading about it I'll copy and paste it now
NASA predicts total blackout on 23-25 Dec 2012 during alignment of Universe.

US scientists predict Universe change, total blackout of planet for 3 days from Dec 23 2012.

It is not the end of the world, it is an alignment of the Universe, where the Sun and the earth will align for the first time. The earth will shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension, then shift to the forth dimension. During this transition, the entire Universe will face a big change, and we will see a entire brand new world.

The 3 days blackout is predicted to happen on Dec 23, 24, 25....during this time, staying calm is most important, hug each other, pray pray pray, sleep for 3 nights...and those who survive will face a brand new world....for those not prepared, many will die because of fear. Be happy, enjoy every moment now. Don't worry, pray to God everyday. There is a lot of talk about what will happen in 2012, but many people don't believe it, and don't want to talk about it for fear of creating fear and panic.

We don't know what will happen, but it is worth listening to USA's NASA talk about preparation. Whether it's true or not, better be prepared. No panic, stay calm, just prays. Remember to smile more, love more and forgive more...every day. Better avoid traveling during December.

Text example #2:
As posted on Facebook, Sep. 14, 2012:

NASA America predicts total blackout on Earth from 22-25 Dec 2012 during alignment of Universe.

If possible, please avoid traveling during the third week of December 2012 as all modes of communication may fail.

US scientists predict total darkness on planet earth for 3 days from Dec 22 2012. It is NOT the end of the world, it is just an alignment of the Universe, where the Sun and the earth will align for the first time. All planets are expected to align in a straight line as a result of which there could be some natural calamities on Earth. The earth will shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension, then shift to the 4th dimension. During this transition, the entire Universe will face a big change, and we will see an entire brand new world. The 3 days blackout is predicted to happen on Dec 22, 23, 24, 2012.... So do good be good live for the present enjoy life.

Text example #3:
As posted on Facebook, Dec. 11, 2012:

On 21 December the Earth will enter a still ring called the Photonic belt at 1:00 AM. Colombian time. Where our planet will go off completely, and will last 3 days of darkness. NASA confirmed it December 5th 2012. It is said that when it is completely dark you will feel cold and there will be flashes of lights, "nothing is going to happen, is just an extraordinary phenomenon that happens every 11 million years." It is recommended to remain in your houses as power fails or electronic devices. 3 Days of darkness will pass. This is what the Mayan calendar was referring. A planetary alignment. NOT the end of the world. You have to be prepared!

Analysis: False. NASA has predicted no such thing. There will be no three-day blackout in December 2012. Indeed, the phrases used above — "total blackout of planet," "alignment of the universe," "shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension," etc. — are not only undefined, but meaningless. It's pseudo-scientific nonsense.

The "alignment" to which our unknown authors apparently refer is the passing of the sun, as seen from earth, across the approximate center of our galaxy on December 21, 2012 (the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere). This happens every year at about the same time and portends nothing in terms of earthly events, good or ill, given that the galactic center is some 28,000 light years (165,000 trillion miles) away. It's a cosmic non-event.

It so happens there's a super-massive black hole at the center of the galaxy, and black holes are mysterious and scary, as everyone knows, so purveyors of 2012 doomsday scenarios have used this as an excuse to spread fears that the aforementioned "alignment" will wreak havoc here on earth, somehow. But again, we're talking about a cosmic entity unimaginably far away from our planet and a galactic alignment that occurs every year like clockwork, and has throughout all human existence.

gus
12-22-2012, 11:06 PM
I guess this is what the Mayans ment about a big change in the world. Start buying those candles!!! Lol

beets442
12-23-2012, 12:43 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/beets442/old_zps62e92009.png