PDA

View Full Version : 78' ATC 90 oil leakage

winkie74
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I have a 1978 atc 90 and i came back from a 20-30 minute ride and when i pulled up to my garage door i noticed oil very steadily dripping from what looked almost like a weep hole on the underside of where the sub tranny cover bolted on. There was oil on everything but it was clearly coming out of that hole. I'd like to know what exactly that little hole is if anybody knows. I pulling the entire thing apart anyway. The tranny whines pretty good and it is nearly 35 years old. I priced out the rebuild at about 200 for every little thing, gaskets, springs, retainers, clutch plates and discs, even new skrews for the sub tranny cover. Just asking out of curiosity. Also what are the odds I'd actually need to replace the clutch plates? Or should i just wait to see when i tear it apart? And ive heard that a crank from a 1980 or 1981 110 will fit with no mods in this year 90 but can anybody confirm that? I've already had it bored and have a 53mm bore kit in it, race cam, ported and polished heads and intake, chopped exhaust.

shortline10
12-17-2012, 11:36 PM
That's the crank case breather , but the oil is prob comming from worn sprocket seals . The case vent will leak if their is excesssive blow by from the piston rings so it is possible .