PDA

View Full Version : xbox or PS2

The_dew_man
12-06-2003, 08:16 PM
think about getting one for xmas but not sure on witch one to get. im thing about getting a xbox. what do u all thing about them. thanks

350Xccelerator
12-06-2003, 08:21 PM
i have ps2 but xbox is better, i might get one for xmas too.

84250r
12-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Dont forget the game cube! They are cheaper then both.

ATCRYDER
12-06-2003, 09:12 PM
PS2. 8)

Teroy
12-06-2003, 09:13 PM
PS2. 8)

agreed

Crash104936221
12-06-2003, 09:18 PM
PS2 all the way

mywifeknowseverything
12-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Depends on what you want to do with it..

PS2--- You have alot of games to choose from...Graphics are very nice and you can go online with a handful of games...However, you must buy the online goodie separate.

Xbox----You have some pretty nice games and the Graphics are not as good as the PS2.. You do not have to purchase anthing to go online it is already built in...Price is cheaper also...

twgranger
12-06-2003, 10:44 PM
PS2!! :twisted:

slippy4
12-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Alright, i used to mod ps2/xboxes. I have had very long debates about what is better. First off Xbox does not really have much better graphics, yes it does, but noticable? No. Alright, now, it depends on what type of games you like to play, PS2 has alot more game selection and more all around types of games. Xbox is more of stratagy type, but is getting into more areas. If you are (which i doubt but you never know) going to mod you system, Ps2 is more friendly to do so (harder, yes but better) For one, it has direct boot of all games/dvds, whatnot. the games are 100times easier to burn (just pop it in the drive and burn it like a normal cd/dvd) and you dont have to worrie about online games and getting banned. Now for Xbox it is easier to put the mod in but in a sence it is just like a smaller computer so you have all software issues to deal with. As for one in order to burn a game you have to install some software called Evolution X which is not hard but in order to do certain stuff like be able to play a burned game without the mod you can mess with the "dashboard" which is the "heart" of the xbox, if that somehow gets messed up you may have just messed up your xbox harddrive. And to play online games you have to install a switch to turn off the mod chip so xbox live cannot detect it and ban your forever from playing on xbox live with that xbox. But if you can fiqure all this out you can do ALOT with xbox such as install xbox linux along with keyboard and mouse and use it as a normal computer. Another plus about it is it has the harddrive built right into it so you dont have to mess around with memory cards, which is sometimes bad if you have a friend with one and you want to go to his house to play a game that he has that you do you have to take your whole system with in order to continue your saved game. Another thing is the less unfortunate (me) who has dial up you can play some games on ps2 with dial up, and with xbox you HAVE to have broadband which is sometimes good because you dont have peaple who lag but sucks for people like me. I also like ps2 more because it is alot smaller and the controllers dont feel like your holding a semi in your hands. Now i owned both Xbox and PS2 and can say that i like PS2 alot more because of the game selection, more compact, more accesories for it, and the controlls are not all messed up like some games on xbox. My advice to you is either go to some store or your friends and play both xbox and ps2 and see what you like better. Better be a PS2 though!!!!

hondatrikesrule22
12-06-2003, 11:22 PM
I hear PS3 is coming out in 2005 :twisted: ...till then,xbox is the way to go. ;)

mywifeknowseverything
12-06-2003, 11:31 PM
What Slippy4 said :D ;)

PowerTrike
12-07-2003, 01:11 AM
What Slippy4 said :D ;)
I 2nd that.

Shouldn't say this but: I'm a warez (nonlicenced copied software :twisted: ) freak and don't like paying for games and yup from what I've heard PS2 is a lot easier for modding. I don't even own a PS2 but used to own a modded one that i bought broke and fixed the laser and sold for profit. Might get another busted one to fix. I belive Sonys machines aren't as good as quality as XBOX though. Now I own a modded PS1 with tons of games and Dreamcast -what i'm really into- with lots of copied games and homebrew software and programs (pretty cool)
http://www.dcemulation.com You can get a DC for dirt cheap on ebay!

slippy4
12-07-2003, 01:37 AM
i used to be into warez, rented a game and copied it. i used to have over 100 Dreamcast games and i had close to that ps1 games. i have never had a problem with ps2 though, had 4 of them so far and never had a problem with them other them mods going bad and trading them off. i had 2 xboxs already where the first one kept overheating (a known problem for xbox i guess) Also if you plan to listen to cdrs in your system dont plan on getting a xbox and doing that, unless you have a certain disk drive (samsung) all the xboxes i worked on exept one you had to use cdrw's on them. Also dont forget the gamecube, nice games, nice system (i couldnt tell the difference from ps2 nor xbox) but you cant play dvd movies or cds on them. if you have a dvd player then i wouldnt worry about it as watching dvds on your system shortens the life of your system by id say 25% (pending on how much movies you watch)

Aaron2003
12-07-2003, 03:40 AM
the xbox has better graphics buy far, but the ps2 has alot more games and xbox live witch is the internet, to play online is better then ps2's internet gaming, also i have had 3 ps2's the reason why i went to the xbox was after only 2 or 3 months of playing they stopped reading the cds...

slippy4
12-07-2003, 01:01 PM
yes, the first ps2s that came out were not the best, when did you have those ps2's? the new ones now have alot better lazers in them and they work 100% for a very long time. I have played the same games on xbox as ps2 on the same day and have not noticed the difference.

250SX_rider
12-07-2003, 01:02 PM
I would say the PS2...why? cuz I just love the games...(ATV offroad fury 2 8) , gran turismo 3, and all that stuff...)

Peace

trikerider2oo7
12-07-2003, 07:34 PM
PS2!!! way better than xbox. xbox is not as popular, not as many games, controller is too big, and online costs money

TeCaTe_MaN
12-07-2003, 08:10 PM
you will like a Ps2 way better than an Xbox, unless you like deep strategy games...

Russell 350X
12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
PS2 :-D

Manny55
12-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Well what about the PSX. When that comes out that is gonna be the game system to get! Anyone else hear about this PSX.

honda200
12-09-2003, 10:31 PM
i dont play video games oops oops

I will stick to trikin and BMXin

Curtis

junjun01
12-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Xobx For me...I'll Buy A Ps2 But,My First Choice Would Be The Xbox

Kilborg
12-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Here is my opinion (lots of time for gaming in the winter or when the trike is down)...

COMPUTER---This is the number 1 tool for gaming. It does everything the consoles do, 100 times better. You might need to upgrade it and such, but the technology is better, (some of) the games are better, etc.

Ps2---I would rate this as number 2. It is less powerful then the cube, box, or your average pc. What it has going for is the rendering processes, which enable the ps2 to take what power it does have and make it look on par with the cube or box. Add that to the fact you have the largest game library out of the consoles. Online capable. Harddrive coming soon, etc. And when the ps3 comes out, it of course will be compatable with ps1 and ps2.

Xbox--This is the PC out of them all. The most power. This is basically a high end gaming pc from a few years ago, released for 200 bucks stripped down for the public. As far as modding goes, I would give this the nod. The graphics are a bit better. The games? I dont care for too many of them but there are alot of good ones. The online capability is nice. The xbox is a PC right from the getgo, all it needs is the software.

Cube---The nintendo...not a bad system! as far as I see it, this is by far the best system for party games (play something like super monkeyball 2 with 4 people). The graphics are typical nintendo cutesy, but there are some games with alot of depth coming out for this platform. There isnt too much going for the cube though. As far as upgradability, your more or less limited to what nintendo will pump out for accessories. So far there isnt any online component, etc. The way I see it, nintendo released a great system, albiet too late. We should have seen this system around the time of the dreamcast.

Dreamcast--Ah, the forgotten sega. If you can find one, pick it up! They are cheap. Hard to find stuff for nowadays, but in my opinion they were a good system. There are alot of good games (and a TON of shitty ones). Sega more or less lost their console business because of this system. It wasn't the system itself was bad, but they jsut didnt go about it right. When the ps2 came out, the dreamcast was pretty much dead in the water. Sega is limited to making games for other platforms now.

junjun01
12-11-2003, 09:15 AM
I Agreed With You :) Kilborg :) ,..Xbox Is Far Better Just Don't Have As Many Games As Ps2.....Have You Play Halo In Multiplayer Mode,.That Game Have Change The Way I look At Video Games

86250RZ
12-11-2003, 12:47 PM
PS 2. No other system comes close to the number and quality of games.

Honda125m1984
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
SOCOM II for PS2... thats all that matters

86250RZ
12-12-2003, 11:15 AM
If thats so, why do you have a Halo soldier as your avatar :D

junjun01
12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
If thats so, why do you have a Halo soldier as your avatar :D
Good One...I Guess You Got Him ! :shock: