PDA

View Full Version : PA Flat Track Racing Opportunity!

TimSr
12-21-2012, 11:25 AM
As most know, OTC has had a long, strong relationship with the CRA. Sadly, promoter Vines Racing has dropped the CRA Flat Track (TT) racing at Pine Lake. The good news is that Harescramble promoter LL Raceway in Fairmount City, PA has picked up the ball, and will run 4 CRA Flat Track races in 2013. They are definatley trike racing fans.

It would be great to see some of those former OTC MX guys who are now Flat Trackers contact these folks and put something togther out there. As much as I enjoyed meeting the people at LL Raceway last year, their location just does not allow for us to get involved and support them, as we have way too much going on more locally.

This would be a great proactice opportunity to organize your own practice before Pine Lake, independant of what our members are doing.

Swinger
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a great oppertunity. I will check into it for sure

atctim
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Tim, we did one Flat Track race there last year and everyone who attended seemed to really like their track. They are close enough for me to talk to them about it (Clarion Cycles is just down the road for me). I'm so happy that this venue has opened up to us. I also like the locale of the track as I am about all traveled out!!!!! I'll keep 3WW posted about upcoming events as they come to the table.

zmpolaristech
12-21-2012, 03:40 PM
After the race earlier this year, I got to speak with the race/track organizers, they Invited us out to run at any/all of their races at LL Raceway held in 2013. AWSOME, FAST track! Lots of Full throttle sideways action...and its all left turns! Great track conditions too. We even got to run some practice laps with the open quads!
They were very impressed with the NYTRO!! The fans, the other racers, and the promoters LOVED the 3 wheelers. I can't wait to go back!! Hope to see more people out there next year!

TimSr
12-22-2012, 09:40 PM
As far as I know, they will be doing these leasing the same place. The only difference is that they will be CRA sanctioned events this year. They don't release the dates until the CRA Banquet, so I can't either, but they will be posted on the CRA website in mid-January.

3Queen
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Sounds like fun, keep us posted for sure. I am interested in racing in this

jsmay
12-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Atctim is this track I crashed at? If so it was a great track.

Tri-Z 250
12-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Thats great News! Lets see if the dates workout for a PA Home track for a future State Battle ground. Might just add some demention to the series with Flattrack. Senator, I here ya there...worst part of racing is the travel to the location, cost wise. You sir can understand the value of a near local event, and welcome it!

Bryan Raffa
12-23-2012, 09:18 AM
yes it is... Yep they told us last race they were going CRA this year.. pretty much waiting on release of dates. same with Paradice speedway and Arcade speedway

just ben
12-23-2012, 09:30 AM
nice track, they just place their hay bales too close to Jasons line LOL. If I remember right they were adding a tt course in the infield also.

Bryan Raffa
12-23-2012, 10:04 AM
yes there will be a TT track on the infield this year!

lazybiker79
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
That looks like a lot of fun. I would love to make it up to a race one day :TrikesOwn

zmpolaristech
12-23-2012, 02:24 PM
heat 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPf2prZ6Mk
heat 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s1UkFd5zdo
Raffas helmet cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIr5VMuGoNA

ChrisD
12-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I hope to get to a couple of these this year depending on the dates. I can't do Ashtabula as I will be at my cousin's wedding that weekend, so maybe this is an answer.

Bryan Raffa
12-26-2012, 08:38 PM
there new site and dates will be up soon along with some pictures of the track... was just talkin to them the other nite,,, there hoping for a bigger turn out,,, so they can add more classes. I'll let you know as I find out.

TimSr
01-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Prospective dates are:

June 1
August 10
Sept 21
Oct 5