PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Kickstarter Arm ??? Headlight ???

mike5349
12-22-2012, 09:17 PM
This is my first post and i'm just getting back into 3 wheelers so please forgive my ignorance. I just bought a '86 200x and am wondering if there are any other kickstarter arms that will bolt on? Maybe 350x, 250sx? or anything else? Any help would be appreiciated. Mine is still working but it sticks open and it just doesn't feel right when you're kicking it. Feels sloppy , if that makes sense. Sorry. Thats the best i can describe it. Also the headlight assy needs to be replaced. Is the 350x a direct replacement? Or do i need to cut it? Or??
I only ask about these other bikes being compatible, as i'm sure everyone already knows. and i'm learning, that they are much more plentiful than the '86 200x.
Oh yea. This thing is a beast!! It will sure enough haul the mail. I'm glad that i never had one of these as a kid cause i probably wouldn't be here to talk about it. HaHa.
Thanks for your help.

Birdmancrow
12-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know about the kick start lever fitting. If your just looking for a different kick start lever check out ebay for your model. The headlights from the 250sx should work. I don't know about the 350x as it has 2 lights and a different plug. If your mechanically inclined im sure you can make it work.

jeswinehart
12-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Mike, you may, or may not know this so I will just put it out there.
There is a set screw on the lever, down near the knuckle the lever pivots on.
If you was to remove that set screw, next thing that would fall out would be a small spring and then followed by a steel ball. You can then take the kick lever off the pivot knuckle after removing the cir-clip on top of knuckle.
Once you get that all apart you can clean all moving parts, re-lube and re-assemble and you should have a good working kick starter lever assembly.

john

mike5349
12-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I appericiate the help. I just bought a kickstart arm off ebay. Probably paid too much but I needed it. I do understand what you were saying about cleaning and lubing the one i had but it is worn out between the knuckle and the lever. I am gonna keep it for a spare though.
Thanks again