PDA

View Full Version : Tons of trikes, that need owners and rescued, Not mine. finds!! North Arkansas

crazyflights
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Over the weekend I went to look at a Tecate with KX500, I decided not to buy it, but for anyone else looking. Here is a couple things I know this guy has, which he has tons of other stuff also that I didn't see all just sitting. Now he wasn't to thrilled with me cause he has so much stuff to even get to the trikes he had to spend some time moving alot of other bikes and then I declined.

All this guys stuff has been sitting for years, he owns a salvage yard,. but most this stuff is his private collection.

The one I went to see was supposed to be an 87 Tecate 3 with KX500 engine a 90 or newer engine for $1000 which I assume is firm cause he wouldn't take less and I decided was a little much and I'm not into drag bikes.
It is actually a KX500 frame? he said it was Tecate and KX frame mixed together-I'm not sure. I went with out many details to look. No front brake stuff, did look like Tecate forks, worn faded front fender, no headlight, did have tank and shrouds, pretty ruff, had rear t3 seat and fenders pretty ruff. He said Lonestar swingarm? but I'm not sure it was super long! I would guess at least +12, I'm unsure axle, did look like had some sort of anti fade lock nut. aftermarket rear wheels nothing special, the engine he advised is low on compression but he said ran when park and only needed rings? It has pretty ugly drag pipe that comes out left side. The engine is missing the stator cover, no airbox, did have carb. Thats best I can remember sorry I was unable to get pics.

Then he rolled out an almost orginal 85 ATC 250R, he said chain had come off and case was leaking, I honestly didnt look to close at that, rear shock felt real good, had oe gold wheels, aftermarket rear tires, did have a red Maier low profile rear fender pretty good shape, but small crack back by grab bar, could be plastic welded, it did have oe headlight and tail light and looked mostyl complete and stock. He said $1000 which i believe is firm also. He adivsed ran when parked.

Those were the 2 I looked at directly

Now he also has an 86 Honda 350X that looked nearly mint, but was behind so many machines I couldnt look close, had all oe plastic, stickers, tires and was clean. I asked if he would sell, but he said no. I think over time he might??? It's going to be heck of a bike if he will ever sell.

He also had I think a ALT110/125? same shed that was nearly original and looked great I never asked if he would sell

I never saw them but he said he had several aircooled Honda 250rs he would sell

Honda Bigred 200 my friend saw in real good shape

I never saw but my friend that went the 1st time said he has 250R Missle conversion that looked really clean- never mentioned if would sell.

He also had 85/86 i'm unsure ATC250R with big bore kit, but otherwise supposed to be all stock? and really clean my buddy saw it I did not, unsure if he will sell??

I didn't ask but saw mutilple Utility Honda threewheelers? I think I saw a 250SX that looked really clean?? I'm having hard time remembering he had so so much stuff.

Now for the info guys name is Dennis and I believe he is owner of Harbers Cycle
http://harberscycle.com/contact_us

gus
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Do you have any pics?

crazyflights
12-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry I have no pics, I took my camera and I should have, I should have before I made my lower offers I offered 500 on the tecate and 500 on the R just cause not what i was looking for but I was allready there so why not, then he was not happy I could tell. Like i said he has a ton of stuff he is a hoarder in my opinion LOL :) so he had spent alot of time moving other old bikes to get access to the 2 trikes I looked at. I told him over phone very good chance I was taking it home, but the condition wasn't described to me a good as I have tried to describe.

ezmoney1979
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry I have no pics, I took my camera and I should have, I should have before I made my lower offers I offered 500 on the tecate and 500 on the R just cause not what i was looking for but I was allready there so why not, then he was not happy I could tell. Like i said he has a ton of stuff he is a hoarder in my opinion LOL :) so he had spent alot of time moving other old bikes to get access to the 2 trikes I looked at. I told him over phone very good chance I was taking it home, but the condition wasn't described to me a good as I have tried to describe.
You may have shot yourself in the foot for future dealing by low-balling a guy like that. A KX500 parts motor is usually worth $500.

crazyflights
12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't plan on or want anything to do with him. I wasted 6hours of my time to get the scoup.. But to someone else looking, they might be just what you want. You can deal with him at your own. I just wanted people to be aware, cause he doesnt list them 4sale. It just happened that my friend bought the rest of his tecate stuff on a word of mouth deal, and he mentioned these others and that he should start getting rid of stuff.

I dont need anymore projects. :) or toys right now.

crazyflights
12-27-2012, 09:09 AM
If any one gets one of these trike, post up some pics of what you got.