PDA

View Full Version : drag trike?

Nicoride
12-24-2012, 12:30 PM
this project started off as an attempt to build just another 3 wheeler to play on. when it came off the blocks, rolled out of the garage, it occurred to me it looks like a Drag Trike. specs are as follows: kawasaki klr 650 89 model. i've lowered the gear ratio, free'd up the exhaust, richened up the carb. my question is could this be used in a race application? does the motor really have the power? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nick

3 Wheel Drive
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm going to take an educated guess and say, yes you can prolly race that trike! Lol make sure you put on a helmet, you may also want to add a parachute to help slow it down.....

Seriously though that looks like its going to be fast, I like it!

fabiodriven
12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Sure you can race it if you want to, but don't expect to win every time. Those KLR's were by no means power-houses, and on top of that they're REALLY fricken heavy. Personally, I'd think you'd be better off molding it into a more functional all-around bike for the trails and stuff.

Nicoride
12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I got the chain on the other night, it throws dirt everywhere & fishtails really bad. It is kind of scary. I'm hoping more aggressive tires will help. But if the klr motor does not make much horsepower, whats the point? I mean its too damn heavy to be any fun trail riding. Any more suggestions would be welcome.