PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of information act??

CRAZY70MAN
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
With the recent public posting of legal registered law abiding citizens in New york, I decided to read more on this so called freedom act. I thought to request the addresses of welfare recepients?? Why not, whats the difference? After all, it is part of my tax money...why should I not be able to see who spends it right?? Here is what I found which pisses me off to no end:mad:

You may not be able to access certain records which are exempt under the Acts, for example, information relating to: another person; government meetings; law enforcement and security; confidential and commercially sensitive issues.

Hmmmm....information relating to another person???? WTF kind of information would you call revealing their name,address and that they have a gun???? How is that info not related to another person?? I am going to send a request to view welfare recipients and se what I get for an answer? This society is in trouble. On the good news side....one of the gun owners that was revealed was pissed ad posted the nam,address of the reporter..:lol::lol: Sometimes you get what you deserve and I am sure there will be a few pissed off people letting him or her know just how they feel. Matter of time before you will have to bury weapons like europe during the war. Excuse me....gotta go puke

El Camexican
12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Matter of time before you will have to bury weapons like europe during the war

That is exactly how Grandpa had to do it in Russia. Six feet down, barrel full of grease in a burlap bag and they still threw him in jail even though they couldn't find the gun! Best buy your shovels before they start monitoring them as well!

Matrix
12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I wonder what dawned on them and thought they had to post that information. How will this benefit anything?

El Camexican
12-27-2012, 05:47 PM
I wonder what dawned on them and thought they had to post that information. How will this benefit anything?

They do it on purpose because they can get away with it by saying “oops” later.

When Canada first started the now failed gun registration the info was available to the public in weeks! Two weeks after he registered his PRIVATE collection with the police a collector I know in Manitoba got a call from a Texan who had a list of all his registered guns and was wanting to buy some of them. He got the list off the Internet which was new at the time. They took the info down later, but the damage was done. There is no give and take on these issues my friends! Without an ANONYMOUSLY armed America the freedom of the whole planet is at stake.

tri again
12-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Let's sell 'newspapers!"

How about a list of BAD GUYS and felons that have dangerous tools??
Nope, we must protect their civil rights.

Let 'em out of jail and move 'em in next door to you but we can't tell YOU who they are or where they live...just that we're letting dangerous criminals out of jail so you'll vote for more $$ for us.

off topic but..
Canada's no call list was sold to American telemarketers.

edit: Telemarketers can remain anonymous using fake (spoofed) numbers, impossible to trace but they can know your home number, WHERE you live, perhaps determine when you are / are not home and on and on.

Who the *&^$ is running this freak show??

Stonewall
12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Who the *&^$ is running this freak show??

The Devil...

El Camexican
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
You aren't off topic with that comment tri again. It's all about freedom and you are just pointing out once again that the good guys are losing theirs. Ever seen what is available to ANYONE buy looking up property tax records? If I find the link I'll post it. Scary stuff.

Scootertrash
12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
A gentleman by the name of Robert Cox published as many names of The Journal News employees as his readers could locate and is going to update his map as more addresses are identified. Tit for tat bishes!

http://www.newrochelletalk.com/content/map-where-are-journal-news-employees-your-neighborhood

The map indicates the addresses of all Journal News Employees in the New York Tri-State area. Each dot represents an individual Journal News employee -- a reporter, editor or staffer. The data does not include freelancers — reporters or photographers — which can be hired without being an employee. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location is a responsible reporter or editor, just that they are a reporter or editor.

We are losing freedoms because of liberal thinking *$%$*&% that think they and the government know what's good for us.

For those who want to continue saying "They aren't going to take your guns", if a newspaper employee can find out that you have guns and where you live, what's stopping ANYONE from coming to your home and STEALING your guns when a list like this is published? Those of you that think that way just keep your heads in the sand, but remember: "When your head is in the sand, your ass is exposed"

RIDE-RED 250r
12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
I remember a bill that was trying to make it's way through the NYS Legislature a while back that would have made CWP holders information non-public knowledge. The info would still be available to Law Enforcement and would only be available to them when necessary.

I phoned both my State Assemblywoman and State Senator both of whom expressed staunch support of the bill... Apparently the hoodlums running the show from Albany and downstate got their way.....

This really is a very divided/polarized state...

And I think it is a major violation of my privacy to the point it could actually end up causing me harm that the fact I hold a CWP is "public knowledge"... I don't have a problem for the most part that the information is available to Law Enforcement if needed. But the fact that some liberal hack reporter can publish my name and ADDRESS really boils my blood.

FTR: I was not one of the residents listed in that rag. I live quite a ways north of Pschyco-ville down that way.

El Camexican
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Lets just take guns away!:crazy:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-says-gun-confiscation-could-be-option

Scootertrash
12-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Lets just take guns away!:crazy:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-says-gun-confiscation-could-be-option

But hey! This will never happen :rolleyes:

Blame the guns, blame the gun owners, blame the republicans, blame the conservatives........Blame everyone but the criminals.

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military. William S. Burroughs

ezmoney1979
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm sure gage and ezmoney1979 will be along shortly to tell us that this will never happen:rolleyes:

I'm getting tired of you trying to call me out Scooter (read the site rules). I never said anything in support of banning guns and even had the decency of saying I respect your opinion. Your level of maturity is embarassing and you seem to have no respect for anyone that doesnt share your same views. Grow up. If you have something to say to me, you can PM me. Have a nice, paranoid day.

CRAZY70MAN
12-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I wonder if all of the anti gunners would feel safe posting a sign in their front yard..."THIS HOUSE IS UNARMED" ???????? How about a registry of all americans who do not own guns with their addresses??? Then..when there is a shooting in self defense at that address.....you are charged with a felony because your firearm was not registered! If you are against guns.......throw a sign up in you yard..better yet...just make your sign on the back of your Obama campaign sign that was in your yard. lol........ How about them apples????

Scootertrash
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm getting tired of you trying to call me out Scooter (read the site rules). I never said anything in support of banning guns and even had the decency of saying I respect your opinion. Your level of maturity is embarassing and you seem to have no respect for anyone that doesnt share your same views. Grow up. If you have something to say to me, you can PM me. Have a nice, paranoid day.

I never said I don't respect your opinion. Just because I disagree with your reasoning for your opinion doesn't mean I'm disrespecting you or your opinion. In addition, I'm not the only one who disagreed with your reasoning.

I'm not paranoid. History has shown more than once that gun control leads to registration leads to confiscation. Do you know why? Because they can't take weapons if they don't know who has them. I will be posting a thread later concerning one of the first bills potentially headed for our legislators. Guess what? It includes registration and fingerprinting.

I've edited my previous post since I guess I can see how it could be interpreted as a call out. That wasn't my intention. I apologize for any confusion.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Say it with me..... I WILL NOT COMPLY!

The following is not directed at anyone in particular....

I find it a bit surprising that of all people, some 3 wheeler owners would be pro-weapons control.... I mean, the trike is the poster child of placing blame on an inanimate object for the irresponsible actions of the human at the controls....

Scootertrash
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
HA!!!!

The Journal News has hired security after the above mentioned incident.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/journal-news-hires-armed-security-guards-153103.html

The Journal News of West Nyack, N.Y., has hired armed security guards to defend its offices after receiving a torrent of phone calls and emails responding to the paper's publication of the names and addresses of area residents with pistol permits.

RGA Investigations, a private security company, "is doing private security at on location at the Journal News as a result of the negative response to the article," according to a police report first obtained by the Rockland County Times (Nanuet, N.Y.) and shared with POLITICO. The guards "are armed and will be on site during business hours through at least January 2, 2013."

You recklessly endanger others then hire ARMED guards to protect your worthless asses?

The real irony is that private security guards are just ordinary citizens and not LEO, so they are having to hire the very same people they 'outed' to protect themselves. Hopefully they feel safer knowing that. Yet I strongly doubt they will see the hypocrisy of their ways.

On the other hand, how does this help the fact that most of their home addresses have now been published online?

Scootertrash
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
HA HA HA!! Apparently someone (Anon?) hacked into the Journal News user database and published all of the names, addresses, and passwords of the subscribers to the journal news:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/02/Gun-Owner-Outing-Newspaper-Has-User-Database-Hacked-Customers-Outed

In the latest development in this tit-for-tat invasion of privacy, a group of hackers have announced that they've broken into the Journal News' subscriber database. The group is sending the database of customers' names, addresses, and passwords to anyone that requests it.

Some of this database appears to be on the file sharing site called Pastebin, and many are tweeting about the release of information.

It was posted on another forum that pastebin does have the info. Pay attention to the first couple lines
Also check #lohud on twitter.

CRAZY70MAN
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
HA HA HA!! Apparently someone (Anon?) hacked into the Journal News user database and published all of the names, addresses, and passwords of the subscribers to the journal news:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/02/Gun-Owner-Outing-Newspaper-Has-User-Database-Hacked-Customers-Outed

It was posted on another forum that pastebin does have the info. Pay attention to the first couple lines
Also check #lohud on twitter.

An eye for an eye......lol........

WisconsinJohn
01-02-2013, 11:34 PM
With the recent public posting of legal registered law abiding citizens in New york, I decided to read more on this so called freedom act. I thought to request the addresses of welfare recepients?? Why not, whats the difference? After all, it is part of my tax money...why should I not be able to see who spends it right?? Here is what I found which pisses me off to no end:mad:

You may not be able to access certain records which are exempt under the Acts, for example, information relating to: another person; government meetings; law enforcement and security; confidential and commercially sensitive issues.

Hmmmm....information relating to another person???? WTF kind of information would you call revealing their name,address and that they have a gun???? How is that info not related to another person?? I am going to send a request to view welfare recipients and se what I get for an answer? This society is in trouble. On the good news side....one of the gun owners that was revealed was pissed ad posted the nam,address of the reporter..:lol::lol: Sometimes you get what you deserve and I am sure there will be a few pissed off people letting him or her know just how they feel. Matter of time before you will have to bury weapons like europe during the war. Excuse me....gotta go puke

Ya know, reading these posts from various individuals that think posts like this are too republican or whatever....I must weigh in on how fu@$ked up our gov't really is. It's not about your political view, what it comes down to is your right to fight all of this anti gun, anti have a fu$&kn opinion and your wrong B.S. There will always be guns, lets not create another black market while legalizing another. Hippies are too stoned to understand that drug lords want their money...just sayin it's not legal in all states and it doesn't make sense to me.
But let's make pot legal...and that's basically inviting angry criminal drug lords from mexico or where ever to the U.S. as we question how armed we can be...legally.
Also if you don't pay taxes....I say you can't vote, f$&k off.
Thankfully I know people with un-registered weapons that I can trust if SHTF.
And the government sucks, I want a new one. A gov't that does not have massive d.u.i 's , domestic violence and multiple other charges pending against the law makers of this corrupt corporation called government. Remember, we are the people . Call it bitter, but life ain't easy, so too bad.

CRAZY70MAN
01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Ya know, reading these posts from various individuals that think posts like this are too republican or whatever....I must weigh in on how fu@$ked up our gov't really is. It's not about your political view, what it comes down to is your right to fight all of this anti gun, anti have a fu$&kn opinion and your wrong B.S. There will always be guns, lets not create another black market while legalizing another. Hippies are too stoned to understand that drug lords want their money...just sayin it's not legal in all states and it doesn't make sense to me.
But let's make pot legal...and that's basically inviting angry criminal drug lords from mexico or where ever to the U.S. as we question how armed we can be...legally.
Also if you don't pay taxes....I say you can't vote, f$&k off.
Thankfully I know people with un-registered weapons that I can trust if SHTF.
And the government sucks, I want a new one. A gov't that does not have massive d.u.i 's , domestic violence and multiple other charges pending against the law makers of this corrupt corporation called government. Remember, we are the people . Call it bitter, but life ain't easy, so too bad.

Well said brother!! Right is right and wrong is wrong. That is not an opinion.............. Keep em' close........