PDA

View Full Version : More nut cases unfortunately. (NJ Police shooting)

ezmoney1979
12-28-2012, 06:18 PM
The good news is it sounds like all three officers will be OK and the tax payers are spared the cost of a trial/incarceration.
http://news.yahoo.com/3-cops-shot-nj-police-station-143541945--abc-news-topstories.html

bkm
12-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Police work 101. Weapons are never to be in the booking area when dealing with prisoners. This should have never happened. If you bring a weapon inside the jail when prisoners are present and get caught, you get a free day off at my job.

dcreel
12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/3-officers-hurt-shooting-nj-police-station-133558594.html

Just to play devil's advocate.. Looks like he overpowered a female police officer, took her gun, shot her and two others.

What are your feelings on female police officers? I'm all for equal rights but watching female cops get thrown around by the males they are trying to subdue begs the question..

I guess they passed the same tests the males did but..

atc007
12-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I have a beautiful little 96 LB Blonde Niece who's got almost 7 years on the NY State Trooper force. I sure as hell would not want her have to subdue anyone half my size. She's a tough girl No doubt. But physics are physics. I don't have the answers,but she can't do HALF the job a man a few lbs heavier than her can do. Sorry to say it. But it's plain truth.

bkm
12-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Bill you hit the nail on the head. In the academy we had an instructor who didn't care for female officers, but had to bite his tongue. He wasn't the biggest guy, but when they would start talking as if they could beat any mans ass, he would challenge them. The brawls would get just short of punching to the face and there wasn't one female who could even come close to taking him to the ground and we had had girls that went 6' 200lbs.

Doug, I have seen females who couldn't pass a firearms course get "Special" instruction and miraculously pass when the rest of the class was off doing other things. I have an opinion on the matter, but choose to invoke my 5th amendment right.

ezmoney1979
12-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Police work 101. Weapons are never to be in the booking area when dealing with prisoners. This should have never happened. If you bring a weapon inside the jail when prisoners are present and get caught, you get a free day off at my job.
My mother used to be a deputy in one of our local county jails and I recall these basic rules myself when I would visit her at work. And I am certaintly no sexist, but like 007 mentioned its a matter of physics/strength. I'm glad she is not in that line of work any longer (she went on to work at the youth correctional facility-what a joke that is, and for another topic).

atc007
12-28-2012, 10:45 PM
I know this just sucks,and personally for you Bryan. And yelpers,,,my Niece had to have a " special" gun to test out of the academy, And yep,,another one to repass back in after maternity leave this past fall... It's the world we live in...

El Camexican
12-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Back home they always paired the female cops up with the biggest nastiest guys on the force. There’s just no other way to do it. Even then a guy I worked with years prior (nut job) did this to a male and female pairing. The story just touches over the facts, but my understanding is that he gave the guy permanent damage with the hammer as the female officer was unable to help much. I also recall there was also a lone female RCMP officer that got gang raped by a car load of guys a few mile North of us back in the 80's. I wouldn’t want my daughter on the force.

MALE ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING POLICE
At 12:30am this morning police attended to the 400 block of Harbison Ave. regarding a neighbour dispute. Upon arrival police attempted to talk to a suspect who refused to open his door. The officers returned to their cruiser car and a short time later this suspect opened his door and directed an incendiary Fireworks at the car and ignited it, fortunately the device narrowly missed the car.

Police then attempted to arrest this male and were confronted with this male who was now armed with a masonry hammer, which has sharp pick on one end. This male fought violently with the officers and struck them several times with the hammer. Eventually officers managed to gain control of this male, arrested him and handcuffed him. The officers were treated and released from hospital with cuts and contusions.

Police were originally unsure as to the reason for the attack until the subsequent investigation and a later search warrant revealed that this male had a marihuana grow operation in his house. The street value of the plants was almost $7000.

Police have charged Randy Allan CASLAKE 48 yrs, with Assault Police Officer (x2), Assault with a Weapon (x2), Utter Threats, Possess Marihuana, and Grow Marihuana. He was detained in custody.

dustrunner
12-28-2012, 11:04 PM
i always love how they say " the suspect " W T F = they had a gun, and they got killed for shooting police officers.... end of story...