PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

3wheelernoobie
12-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Hello I'm new to the whole 3wheeler experience, I recently bought a Honda250sx I'm pretty sure it's a 85 model, I payed 250 for it and took it for a test ride at the guys house and it worked great but he had to jump the solenoid because the switch wasn't working. I took it home and realized it needed a lot more work the I originally anticipated. The choke wasn't hooked up neither was the brakes. I can't locate the choke on the carburetor that's problem number one I need help with. Problem number two is last night I took the gas tank off to drain all of the old gas the guy had in it and when I put I back on there is a valve on the bottom of the carb it started leaking. Is there ment to be something hooked up too it ? Or the float might be stuck? Thirdly the starter makes a horrible notice when it started sounds like it needs lubricating? Or should I order a new starter when I order a new solenoid?
Thanks so much I'm in desperate need of help, like I said I'm new to three wheelers. Thanks :)

dustrunner
12-30-2012, 02:25 PM
they choke is on the left handlebar on the on-off switch. at the very bottom.. slides to the left to choke it... sometimes you have to hold it all the way over for it to start easy. the cable runs down into the carb to a plunger and many times the plunger that is inside the carb freezes up and breaks... kits are available online... supprised your having carb problems if it was running and you rode it...

3wheelernoobie
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh I see, they cable is broken so I need to get a kit for it and a new cable I guess. Thanks :)

3wheelernoobie
01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey guys sorry to bump this thread but I still need help with why my carbs leaking gas ?

kb0nly
01-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Sounds like your float valve is stuck or not sealing up, time for a carb rebuild!