PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200x

Jeremy_red
12-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey guys, I have a 85 200x that is giving me a hell of a time. I had alot of white smoke after revving the throttle and warming up a bit.
Lots of white smoke, with Black oily plug.
So I replaced the rings and valve guides, set the timing, set the valve clearance, cleaned the carb, made sure the top end dowel pins were in. Still same thing, smokes like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.
The cylinder looks ok, and piston too.

Any Ideas? What else could it be? Ive taken this motor out like 5 times and same thing every time. White smoke.

200xman123
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
does the cylinder have a glaze on it? did you give it a good hone? because the rings need to seat to the cylinder . is it possible theres oil in the exhaust from before? and after the new rings it still has a wet oily plug?

yaegerb
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I agree with 200x man. Did you hone or bore the cylinder on ring replacement? Also check for excess oil that has leaked into the exhaust.

Jeremy_red
12-31-2012, 06:55 PM
I did hone the cylinder with the 3 armed cylinder honer you connect to a drill. and after the new rings, it still had oily plug. I had another guy on here say I should check the cylinder to see if its out of roundness. I didnt measure it. I looked at it and it had a slight gap from cylinder to wall, took it to supply house and they said it looks ok.
So I am going to take it out again and measure the roundness of cylinder. Ive never done that before, so it will be a learning experience.
Hopefully the piston is round enough.
If the cylinder is egg shaped, I will have to buy a whole new cylinder Huh?

yaegerb
12-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Or you buy a larger piston and have the cylinder bored to match...that's all hoping that you aren't on your last bore.

Jeremy_red
12-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Ok, I took a micrometer and check the cylinder and piston.

My Cylinder is 65 mm pretty consistantly thoughout.
My piston is 64.5 mm.

Do you think I need a new piston? The manual says servicable limit is .10 for piston to cylinder gap

Jeremy_red
12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I did hone the cylinder with the 3 armed cylinder honer you connect to a drill. and after the new rings, it still had oily plug.

My Cylinder is 65 mm pretty consistantly thoughout.
My piston is 64.5 mm.

Do you think I need a new piston? The manual says servicable limit is .10 for piston to cylinder gap