PDA

View Full Version : New Member requesting Help - need to fix my 86 200x rear axle - swap/replacement

tl1000brad
12-31-2012, 02:49 AM
Hello to anyone reading this,

I have been a 3 wheeler fan for years now, and my dad bought an 85 ATC 200x brand new in 1985. He always wanted to get the 86 after it came out but never did until now.

We have a great running/looking trike(1986 ATC 200x) but it still needs TLC, the swing arm bushing/bearings are really bad, the rear caliper is missing(no rear brakes), and i believe the rear axle is bent.

I have been searching for help with the rear axle, found that most people state that the atc 250R rear axle fits with no mods.
How much does it cost to have an axle straightened? any idea?
Is there any other options or axles that will fit without any or very minimal fabrication?
What parts do i need from the ATC 250R to put into the 86 200x?
Does the sprockets line up so the chain does not bind up? Does any one have pictures they can post?

Please help and thanks for your time.

Brad

fordtech90
12-31-2012, 02:58 AM
You dont want to straighten a bent axle once you have bent and rebent a metal you take away from the tencel strength not even sure if im spelling it right but i use to straighten an axle on my go kart when iwas little and it only made it easier to bend the next time. Axles used are easy to find on ebay.

tl1000brad
12-31-2012, 03:18 AM
thanks,

I would rather not try to fix the one i got, I want to know more about swapping a different axle to make the rear end wider and handle a little better.
What is a direct fit and how do i install/put them together? I have replaced the axle bearings before on my 1985 200x i used to have but that was about 10 years ago or close to it.