PDA

View Full Version : Which winch for my 250SX?

Sapes
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I recently bought a 85 250SX.I'm completely new to ATC and ATVS, however have rode power machines before growing up. I tried to lube the hand rear brake but ended up snapping the end of the cable off. So I replaced that. I ordered the motion pro twist throttle kit, it should arrive in a week. When I go riding this summer, I'll more often then not be by my lonesome. So when I get really stuck, I'd like to have a winch. I've narrowed it down to the Warn 1700 and superwinch2000. I'm kinda leaning towards the Warn 1700, but the commercial only shows it pulling a bike. You think it will have enough to pull my 250SX. I'm seen on here guys using the superwinch2000. The Warn 1700 is only 300lbs less. I want one that is physically small as possible. What you guys? Also you think i could do what they do in the video and use a tow strap around the front forks? Or would the would the extra weight of the trike and mud be too much? Thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgxFUXwk_PM

crjanow
01-01-2013, 10:20 PM
as long as you are between the triple clamps you should be fine. i would get the warn for sure, just from my rock crawling days in jeeps the only winch to have is a warn.

kebby28
01-02-2013, 08:35 AM
I just recently put the superwinch 2000 on my 200es Big Red. I mounted it on the front rack. I got it more as a tool for pulling other things like my bob house, but I have found myself going places I never used to. It was only $85 and looks original the way I mounted it. It might not be high quality but it works.