PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion - Worst trike ever

Jeff B
01-02-2013, 07:04 AM
It's probably my beat-but-happy '84 Honda 110, but the ytm 125 has got to be the ugliest thing on wheels.
I can't weigh in on reliability never having owned one, but each time I see one I think to myself "what were they thinking?"

So, what's your least-favourite sh*tpile, and why? Reliability issues? Stability problems? Looks? Bugger just catches fire too darn easy? Old lady's faster on it than you? Let me know.

CodyRosa
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I think its KLT 200.. the kawasaki 200. I never rode it.. it sits in my sandpit open to ALL elements.. and why? All because they had the motor hanging like the smaller atc 70's and i think 110's do. I hate that.. the way they made that frame is UGLY. The thing is heavy without the motor in it. Just an ugly design which is why I love Honda and Honda only. I'll take a tecate and tri z though =)

M.Pargiello
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I would say any rigid trike. But then again, that's subjective to who you are asking. Farmers and field riders may love them, but for me and many others, they just won't do. So it really depends on who you ask as to what answer you will get.

Howdy
01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Of the machines I have owned: The Suzuki125-185 and the Yam125-175's 3 wheelers were the worst. I would take a KLT200 over one of these machines any day. Oh, I hate the KLT200's also, just not nearly as bad. LOL
Howdy

Big G
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
the ytm 125 has got to be the ugliest thing on wheels.

You hit the nail on the head there Jeff!!

Jeff B
01-02-2013, 06:41 PM
So it really depends on who you ask as to what answer you will get. That's what I'm asking. I'm not particularly attacking/defending any one brand or frame style, I just want to know which trike everybody hates most personally.

M.Pargiello
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I hear ya, my vote goes to any rigid and the suzukis for sure

kb0nly
01-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Aint nothing wrong with rigids... I hated the suspension models i have ridden, always felt too mushy and bounced around more than my rigid 200ES does, maybe its a worn shock on them but i couldnt stand doing a bunny hop for a quarter mile after hitting a bump.

MIK6
01-03-2013, 02:08 AM
What about them damn manco quester 308s? They were JUNK! Rigid, briggs motor, no brakes, no parts.. ect! A friend had 2 when i was a kid, they SUCKED! LOL
I might have to see if they are still in his dads barn, grab them, make 1 rider out of thepair, just to prove a fact!
MIK6/ Mike

Jeff B
01-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Lets see it Mike. If it's as bad as my 110, I'll post photos. I don't want to do this, as it probably belongs on the scrap-heap, but it's my only rider atm. :dammit: :pics:

M.Pargiello
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Aint nothing wrong with rigids... I hated the suspension models i have ridden, always felt too mushy and bounced around more than my rigid 200ES does, maybe its a worn shock on them but i couldnt stand doing a bunny hop for a quarter mile after hitting a bump.

Hell, The rigids I have ridden/owned bounced more than a trampoline!

You must have ridden ones with old, beat suspension. I ride mine hard in some seriously tight, whooped out trails. Lean back, hit the gas, and coast the front over the whoops! The rear soaks up the bumps beautifully :)

Jason125m
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM

Once you ride a 350x or 250r with properly tuned / rebuilt suspension you will say otherwise. I enjoy my hardtails, but, for the type of riding most people around here do, they just aren't realistic for the trails, I don't want to be 40 with a blown back.

jdt
01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
what's the beef with the rigids?

Big G
01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
what's the beef with the rigids?

I don't have one. My '83 ATC200 is a hardtail (mind you front suspension), as well as my '83 ATC 200E. I've ridden literally thousands of kilometers on them, and have never once thought to myself, "Man, I wish this thing had rear suspension." And that's riding on Vancouver Island - which isn't exactly flat terrain ;)

jdt
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't have one. My '83 ATC200 is a hardtail (mind you front suspension), as well as my '83 ATC 200E. I've ridden literally thousands of kilometers on them, and have never once thought to myself, "Man, I wish this thing had rear suspension." And that's riding on Vancouver Island - which isn't exactly flat terrain ;)

i have a tri moto 175 full rigid and i think its fun as hell.

Jeff B
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
The Manco Quester 308 also looks like one of the worst piles of garbage ever to disgrace the annals of three-wheeler history.

CodyRosa
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
LOL i just googled that Manco Quester 308 and that thing is BUTT UGLY.. man o man.. how could they of even made that? I'd be embarrassed as a company to do that lol.

dustrunner
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM
tri sports = rough riders 4 sure...

Jeff B
01-08-2013, 04:21 AM
LOL i just googled that Manco Quester 308 and that thing is BUTT UGLY.. man o man.. how could they of even made that? I'd be embarrassed as a company to do that lol. I know right? Given a choice between the Quester and a ytm 125, I'd walk. Okay, I probably wouldn't go that far, but I'd make light of the situation with anyone I came across.

philgipson
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Of the machines I have owned: The Suzuki125-185 and the Yam125-175's 3 wheelers were the worst. I would take a KLT200 over one of these machines any day. Oh, I hate the KLT200's also, just not nearly as bad. LOL
Howdy
hands down suzuki 125.i just about had to pay to have two of them hauled off,and they are ugly.

dabody69
12-12-2014, 12:44 AM
The 1981 first gen KLT 200 was awesome, i loved it, it was so fast in 1981 and unstable, lol electric start, had a rear diff mech in it, I want a fully restored one right now, My dad gave me the choice 1980 honda 185 or klt 200, what 15 yr old wouldnt go for more CC's.. lol I choose the KLT and loved it.. worst ever I owned was the yamaha 125 tri, that thing sucked!!

MIK6
12-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Wow.. this is a older thread.. lol
a few months after I replied to that I found a mint manco 305. Bought it cheap and rode it for TF!!
I still stand by my opinion, they are junk... BUT its ok for camp hopping at TF (but thats probably the only place lmao!)

tri again
12-12-2014, 01:51 AM
I've gotten more stuck with suspension models.
My 200es was unstoppable. Felt more connected to the ground. The shock can be like the secondary brain in the tail of a stegasaurus.

tri again
12-12-2014, 01:59 AM
That's what I'm asking. I'm not particularly attacking/defending any one brand or frame style, I just want to know which trike everybody hates most personally.

I hate the ones that people ride and break / bend / tweak / stomp and strip shifters / pull the ropes out of and then go home.

Crazyktmmatt
12-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Worst one so far was my 200es. Front works were worn, had electrical problems from sitting, ran goofy and had all kinds of other issues. It beat ya to death on the roads, pot holes would almost kill ya, then ud be stiff from riding it for the next 3 days..... Tight trails and stuff it was great. Next go around I think I want a 225 or a 200e or s

New worst one might be my new yt175 with rear suspension. Rode it a lil bit on the street before impluse buying it ( yep its got 3 wheels I want it ! ) It rides funny I think. I need to get it running better and put some miles on it.

I like my 200x way better.

muddyYT125
12-12-2014, 09:23 AM
The Sperry rand tricart from the 70's is so fu%$ing ugly... The yt125 and 175 are pretty ugly but I like that the gas tanks are plastic so I won't ever worry about it rusting out.. but I will be selling them once I get a tri z 250.

SSLS1
12-12-2014, 10:16 AM
The Sperry rand tricart from the 70's is so fu%$ing ugly... The yt125 and 175 are pretty ugly but I like that the gas tanks are plastic so I won't ever worry about it rusting out.. but I will be sellingh them once I get a tri z 250.

Wow! Um...... Looks like we have a winner! That is just plain awful! What were they thinking ?¿?¿ :wondering

Crazyktmmatt
12-12-2014, 11:44 AM
The rear tires make up for the ugly.... well not much....

ironchop
12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
WORST TRIKE I EVER OWNED?

none of them. I seriously like trikes so much that even the POS one`s I owned (which was all of them before a rebuild) never bothered me enough to judge them accordingly.

I`ve given away for free dirtbikes that half ran but to this very day, I have never given away a trike.....parts from one, yes but never a whole one.

86125m
12-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Of the 7 bikes we own the 78 atc 90 is the worst out of the bunch its just lacking top end power. lot of pulling power but no speed.

atctim
12-12-2014, 02:41 PM
The Sperry rand tricart from the 70's is so fu%$ing ugly... The yt125 and 175 are pretty ugly but I like that the gas tanks are plastic so I won't ever worry about it rusting out.. but I will be selling them once I get a tri z 250.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think these are super cool looking and they remind me of a childhood cartoon - The Jetsons! I like this trike. To each their own - I still stand by the Suzukis being the worst. They are terrible looking, and handling.

Buck Snort
12-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree! Totally looks like something from the Jetsons.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think these are super cool looking and they remind me of a childhood cartoon - The Jetsons! I like this trike. To each their own - I still stand by the Suzukis being the worst. They are terrible looking, and handling.

MIK6
12-12-2014, 03:10 PM
The Sperry rand tricart from the 70's is so fu%$ing ugly...

Freaksfix had one of these as a roller.. they are actually pretty cool.. they are alot bigger than my scattrack..
I would love to rock one to the shoetree at TF!! Lol

Tri-Motor
11-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Kinda funny to see all the hate for Tri-Moto's. My YT125 has been the most reliable wheeler I've owned...mud, water, snow, rough terrain it's unstoppable. It always fires up on 1-3 pulls no matter how cold it is outside.

barnett468
11-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Kinda funny to see all the hate for Tri-Moto's. My YT125 has been the most reliable wheeler I've owned...mud, water, snow, rough terrain it's unstoppable. It always fires up on 1-3 pulls no matter how cold it is outside.

Basically all non Chinese made bikes including Honda's are very reliable as long as they are properly maintained and ridden the way they the mfg's intended them to be ridden.

It's mainly when they don't get serviced....ever...and are left outside in the rain and snow, or have snorkels installed and are ridden under water etc that they may become resistant to operating properly.

Degoragon
11-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Basically all non Chinese made bikes including Honda's are very reliable as long as they are properly maintained and ridden the way they the mfg's intended them to be ridden.

It's mainly when they don't get serviced....ever...and are left outside in the rain and snow, or have snorkels installed and are ridden under water etc that they may become resistant to operating properly.

true that, my 185s was ridden hard until i got it, wheelies, jumps, float trips (creek runs), etc. and i am the fifth owner of the trike. when I put the rear bearings and axle in it (Right after i got it), my friend couldn't believe the difference in how it rode, apparently the bearings were worn out all the years he, his brother, and later my brother owned it. i also replaced the carb and most of the seals on the engine. it still ran despite all the abuse it took (and always left it out). i dont exactly baby it, but i know i'm easier on it than the last three were. of course, its had a new engine since my brother bought it, but that was the only work he did on it.

Degoragon
11-19-2015, 07:46 PM
as far as worst trike, i dunno if i could really consider one for the worst, but the front end on a Suzuki ALT is pretty ugly to me.

I guess, the ATC 70, or any of those small (under 90cc) trikes, but only cause i would be too big for one! :lol: it would be like owning one of those pocket rocket bikes , except at least it would be cool to look at! :D

YAMAHA3moto
11-20-2015, 05:28 PM
From my personal.....Kawasaki will be the worse looking trike ever (Sorry to all the Kawi fans :rolleyes: ) YAMAHA properly is the best looking.