PDA

View Full Version : 1985 250es carb

elevatorman
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
can any one help me obtaining a new or rebuilt carb.dont think i have the skills to redue mine..thx

shovelryder
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Im sure theyll chime in soon with his name.....so hold tight.....He rebuilds them to better than new as many have reported...

Flyingw
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
That would be me elevatorman. I have two 85 ES carbs rebuilt and ready to rock and roll. I'm only charging 100.00 with exchange or 125.00 to purchase it with no exchange. For the exchange, mail your old carb to:

James Baldwin
14712 SE 77th St
Choctaw, OK 73020

You can stick a check in the box with the carb or paypal me at jamesbaldwin99@gmail.com

My carbs are completely torn down, cleaned, bead blasted, adjusted, and run to ensure its operation. Let me know what ya want to do.

Flyingw
01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Before you install my carb on your trike, be sure the fuel tank is clean. Remove the petcock and ensure the strainer screen is intact and not obstructed. If its the original petcock, you might want to order an aftermarket replacement off Ebay for about 25 bucks. Fresh fuel line couldn't hurt either. If you dont replace the petcock I would install an inline fuel filter between the tank and carb. It doesn't take much debris to mess up a carb.

elevatorman
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
thx.i will have to remove the carb, is there anything that has to be saved from my carb,fittings etc.how hard is it to remove and are there any tips you can give me. it will take a day or so because its cold here.tthx again and i will mail it to you......

Flyingw
01-03-2013, 11:25 PM
The ES carbs are easy to remove. remove the airbox and airbox tubes, The choke assy is on the left side of the carb and it screws in. The throttle cable is on the right behind the black cover. Be sure to drain the carb bowl before packing it up.

Download the manual for free. It has everything you need to know for removing the carb.
http://kb0nly.lgnas.com/

elevatorman
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
mailed it today with note and check.this removal was a nightmare....thx for your service

Flyingw
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
How was it a nightmare? The SX carbs are far more difficult to remove than the ES carbs because the ES has way more room in the frame than the SX.

elevatorman
01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
old age and arthritis sometimes makes easy jobs hard.but i still like to ride and enjoy myself when i am able. thx again for helping me out.......

tri again
01-05-2013, 03:12 AM
old age and arthritis sometimes makes easy jobs hard.but i still like to ride and enjoy myself when i am able. thx again for helping me out.......

I'm with you man.
THE reason I have trikes in the first place is to get around and quads don't float on the mud as well.

Raising them up or on a flatbed truck helps.
They sit nice on a sturdy picnic table too and that helps a lot.

Or tip 'em over a little and sit down on a stool.
Heat up the tools so they don't freeze the fingers.

Yupp, sometimes I feel like I've been dipped in pain.

You're going to LOVE that new carb.
It'll start with 1/2 kick and idle like 5 part Eagles harmony.

Flyingw
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm with you guys. Getting old sucks. Anything one can do to make working on these things easier is good. I have a stool all my builds start on. It gets the trikes up to a good working height.

elevatorman
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
thx flyinw, cant wait to get that carb, you went over and beyond to help me with that 25 plus year old carb. pls stay in touch, im sure i will have more questions for ya.

Flyingw
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Its on da way...... I'm always around if you need me.

elevatorman
01-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Wow, just popped my carb out of the box,sure looks good. i am still soda blasting the motor then i will install it, cant wait to hear the old girl roar. thanks flyinw, ill let you know when i get her to run. Thanks again....

Flyingw
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Alright!!!!!!!!! I'm excited too.

elevatorman
01-14-2013, 04:40 PM
on the new choke shaft i ordered, does tht small o ring go on the groove in the shaft or does it go under the shaft needle..thx