PDA

View Full Version : Illinos gun/magazine bills have been pulled!!!

Scootertrash
01-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Congrats on beating this one!!
You guys are in the clear, at least for now!!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-illinois-democrats-pull-gun-control-bills/#comments

The latest from the NRA’s Todd Vandermyde: it appears that Democrats in the Illinois legislature who have been trying to railroad two gun control measures through a lame duck session have pulled their bills. Translation: they counted heads and didn’t have the votes. The latest communique from senate Dems at capitolfax.com:

It is clear that we will need bipartisan support in order to take floor votes on gun safety and marriage equality this week. We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future.

The executive committee has been delayed, but we still intend to hold a hearing on marriage equality shortly.

That’s right, it’s a gun safety bill. No word as to what “the near future” means, but it ain’t over ’til the Senate adjourns on Tuesday. Unless the House adjourns first. And even then it’s not over. It’s never over . . .

Stay on your toes tho people!! I heard that it would have failed by only 3 or 4 votes. That's not much folks. More letters, emails and calls next time!! They don't like it when their jobs are on the line. ;) I think a lot of you Illinoisians realize that most of this comes from Sh!tcago, Peeoria, East St Louis, and the rest of the crap holes in your state.

It's not over yet. The 97th General Assembly ends Friday, the 98th will be sworn in on January 9th., which includes new seats that won in the November election.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
01-04-2013, 01:54 AM
WAHOO!!!!! I thought it would pass for sure thank god it didn't.

Scootertrash
01-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I'll do my best to update if things change after the new General Assembly is sworn in. ;)

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
01-05-2013, 02:15 AM
this bill is still ALIVE and well and is supposed to be brought up sunday at 5:00 please contact your reps